DAFC.net
Home 19 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Offer Contracts Now!
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 07:14

We can no longer use the excuse that "We don't yet know where we will be next season".All fears of relegation have evaporated.

Callum Davidson's experience and pedigree ,and his contribution to our astonishing transformation ,merit the offer of a contract now.

Of the players : we must get James Craigen,James Vincent,Louis Longridge and Ryan Blair signed up.

If there were a miracle, and we reached the Premiership,the Board would tweak the contracts.

With Stevie Crawford and Greg Shields on rotating contracts,there is not the same urgency.

Salaries will be freed up with the exodus of the forward line.

Could we get Bruce on a longer loan?

Post Edited (Sun 10 Mar 09:43)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Offer Contacts Now!
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 08:10

I wish it was just that simple, but don't think the budgetary constraints will allow it to happen just yet.
Also the manager will need to assess who of the squad he wishes to release first.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 08:11

All fears of relegation gone yes, but we're in a playoff spot for promotion, so it's still unknown which division we'll be in. Need that cleared up first, which will dictate contracts.

Those players you mention (with exception to Vincent), I'd like to keep if still in this league.

Some serious consideration is needed as to whether they are good enough for a higher standard if we were somehow able to pull it off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 08:18

Keeping Davidson is an absolute must, but I fear he won’t be here next season. I still can’t believe we managed to bring him in. The only way I could see him staying is if we offer him the managers job, which would obviously be unfair to Crawford.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 08:49

Callum Davidson is a must
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 09:24

I think, no matter what happens, Stevie should get the job. I think Davidson has been a great influence and would be a major coup if we could get him in, but will all depend on what happens in the coming months.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 09:32

I certainly wouldn’t offer Vincent a contract. His use of the ball isn’t good enough for a team in the top half of the championship.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 09:36

What's wrong with their eyesight? ;-)
[IP address logged]
 Re: Offer Contracts Now!
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 09:52

Calum Davidson is not being paid by Dunfermline. Still being paid by stoke until the end of the season. Supposedly he is a ‘volunteer’.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 10:03

First for signing in my opinion is Calum Davidson. I have watched him at warm ups,dug out during the games, etc and his enthusiasm and experience is 1st class.
I watched him yesterday and he was with like six of the players doing a warm up exercise and at the end of it, he shook all their hands and gave them all a pat on the back. Nice touch as I see it.

Post Edited (Sun 10 Mar 10:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 10:10

He’s the only reason we are doing well. SC couldn’t buy a win before he came in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 10:12

Quote:

1981par, Sun 10 Mar 10:10

Nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 11:00

No point in changing the balance and focus of the team now. Start offering ew deals and those that are not offered will naturally less motivated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 11:13

Now on .net it's Sunday morning slavering panicking mess presented by Sliema Par and 1981par

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 11:13

We cant offer contracts until we know the budget.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 11:14

Quote:

You really do talk utter nonsense

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 11:17

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 10 Mar 11:14

Quote:

You really do talk utter nonsense

He was doing so well too. Hopefully just a slip up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 11:32

C' mon now it's early days to be thinking about getting so and so signed up. I remember the same thing being spouted about AJ in previous season's when some of the posters thought we had found a nugget as manager. Not that I am moaning about recent results as the way we are playing is just what we needed in the position we were in but I hope we would not be playing the same way at the start of next season, where I would be hoping for a bit more attacking flair in the team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 12:17

How Da no1? SC couldn’t win a game and since Callum Davidson has come in we have won 5 and 5 clean sheets. Don’t need to be Einstein to work out why. Get him signed up. Pay whatever he wants.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 12:29

Quote:

1981par, Sun 10 Mar 12:17

How Da no1? SC couldn’t win a game and since Callum Davidson has come in we have won 5 and 5 clean sheets. Don’t need to be Einstein to work out why. Get him signed up. Pay whatever he wants.

Like the several thousand pounds a week he will have been (may still be on) at Stoke? Jesus foookin wept.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 12:30

He signed for us on Friday 15th February. We won the first of our 5 wins the next day. Are you really that thick that you believe that was solely down to the 24 hours he was involved? That the players as well as the management team had nothing to do with it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 13:07

All to do with Callum Davidson DA No1. Like it or not it’s to do with him. Less of the thick also.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 13:46

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 10 Mar 12:30

He signed for us on Friday 15th February. We won the first of our 5 wins the next day. Are you really that thick that you believe that was solely down to the 24 hours he was involved? That the players as well as the management team had nothing to do with it?

You're the intellectually challenged one here, da no 1. ☹

Have you never heard of magic wands, min?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 14:23

Quote:

1981par, Sun 10 Mar 13:07

All to do with Callum Davidson DA No1. Like it or not it’s to do with him. Less of the thick also.

You have posted some reasonable stuff lately. Shame to see you put the old head back on Wurzsel.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 14:26

Quote:

1981par, Sun 10 Mar 13:07

They are a coaching TEAM. They work well together. Not down to any one individual.

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 14:46

No wins before Callum Davidson. Since his arrival we have had 5 wins in a row. Doesn’t take a mathematician to work out. Yes a team but this man has had a major impact.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 14:48

Quote:

1981par, Sun 10 Mar 14:46

No wins before Callum Davidson. Since his arrival we have had 5 wins in a row. Doesn’t take a mathematician to work out. Yes a team but this man has had a major impact.

Nice backtracking although you probably won't realise it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 10 Mar 14:56

How does anybody on here have any idea who or what the management team do or what influence each has?

Stupidity of the highest order to say it’s down to Callum only.

FWIW he wasn’t even at the park until the Saturday morning of the 1st game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 11:46

My view on the timeline since Stevie Crawford took over and the role he has played

10th January-appointed manager 2 days before one of our hardest league fixtures in the middle of a transfer window, with no staff in place.

12th Jan-0-1 Dundee United 50/50 game-fell asleep for the goal and I felt the free-kick was taken from the wrong place. Vincent had missed best chance of the match up until that point.Game could've gone either way but I always felt it had 0-0 written all over it.

15th Jan Loses top scorer and one of the few shining lights when Keena goes back to Hearts along with Martin.

19th Jan-0-3 Rovers-low point. Could've easily been 2-0 up with Hippolyte missing from point blank range and Vincent with a great chance again.0-0 when the captain is sent off after 50 odd minutes.A few individual defensive disasters after that.

24th Jan signs Ryan Scully. Questioned at the time but gave perfectly reasonable explanation for doing so-vindicated with the clean sheets we have kept since and the first piece of the jigsaw for next seasons team too-Former Pars Player of the Year twice over.

26th Jan-welcome clean sheet and point at Morton 0-0.Lightweight up front still with hardly any strikers fit and available.

Deadline day.
Anderson- gets lambasted by some of the doctors on here for signing a crock.Scores on his debut later that week-4 goals in 7 games now.

Blair-unheralded. We sign a decent set-piece taker who is now playing every week.Scored the winner the other week. Have we won every game that he's started?

In what many considered,at the time, to be a poor window for us you could say that we had 100% success in the transfer market so far with all players already playing a big part.

2nd Feb 1-2 Ross County. signs of a better performance against top team in division followed by 5 wins and 5 clean sheets in a row.

Callum Davidson appointed 15th February-probably doesn't even know much about the squad.Again some were unhappy about the time taken to make an appointment but fully vindicated again when we get someone of CD's calibre.

To summarise, I've no doubt that Callum Davidson has had an impact but Crawford played a part in bringing him here.Add to the fact he took over a team low on confidence, with players injured and loanees being recalled. As well as that he managed to identify and secure transfer targets in a 2 week window that have so far turned out to be a success, has managed to get a decent management team in place now, has won manager of the month, given some of the younger players a run out in a winning team and has generally 'managed the game' better than was being done previously with ,in the main, astute substitutions and it's a decent impact given he has only been in the job for 2 months.Credit where credit is due.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 12:02

Nit-picking I know, but Anderson's stats are actually 4 goals in 6 games.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 12:17

...and post match interviews are informative and encouraging.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 12:25

Good, well balanced and informative post, parathletic

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 12:39

Far too sensible Parathletic.

1981par - quit while you're behind.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 14:07

1981par,
I'm not sure whether you are a WUM or just know heehaw about football and football clubs.

On the other hand, excellent post Parathletic!

Post Edited (Mon 11 Mar 14:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 14:19

You are all way off the mark.....

Its definetely down to Craws fine choice of casual knitwear in the post match interview.
Check them out - He never wears the same one two games on the trot, likes to mix
and match.

IMO he carries this ethos over into team-selection & tactics.

Basically we owe our success to M&S mens casualwear!

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 15:04

See angus i looked a layer down.

United- white shirt
Morton- white shirt
County- White Shirt

ICT, Thistle, Alloa all had Grey shirt, QOTS and Ayr both had white too though so came unstuck in my theory

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 15:07

Quote:

parathletic, Mon 11 Mar 11:46

My view on the timeline since Stevie Crawford took over and the role he has played

10th January-appointed manager 2 days before one of our hardest league fixtures in the middle of a transfer window, with no staff in place.

12th Jan-0-1 Dundee United 50/50 game-fell asleep for the goal and I felt the free-kick was taken from the wrong place. Vincent had missed best chance of the match up until that point.Game could've gone either way but I always felt it had 0-0 written all over it.

15th Jan Loses top scorer and one of the few shining lights when Keena goes back to Hearts along with Martin.

19th Jan-0-3 Rovers-low point. Could've easily been 2-0 up with Hippolyte missing from point blank range and Vincent with a great chance again.0-0 when the captain is sent off after 50 odd minutes.A few individual defensive disasters after that.

24th Jan signs Ryan Scully. Questioned at the time but gave perfectly reasonable explanation for doing so-vindicated with the clean sheets we have kept since and the first piece of the jigsaw for next seasons team too-Former Pars Player of the Year twice over.

26th Jan-welcome clean sheet and point at Morton 0-0.Lightweight up front still with hardly any strikers fit and available.

Deadline day.
Anderson- gets lambasted by some of the doctors on here for signing a crock.Scores on his debut later that week-4 goals in 7 games now.

Blair-unheralded. We sign a decent set-piece taker who is now playing every week.Scored the winner the other week. Have we won every game that he's started?

In what many considered,at the time, to be a poor window for us you could say that we had 100% success in the transfer market so far with all players already playing a big part.

2nd Feb 1-2 Ross County. signs of a better performance against top team in division followed by 5 wins and 5 clean sheets in a row.

Callum Davidson appointed 15th February-probably doesn't even know much about the squad.Again some were unhappy about the time taken to make an appointment but fully vindicated again when we get someone of CD's calibre.

To summarise, I've no doubt that Callum Davidson has had an impact but Crawford played a part in bringing him here.Add to the fact he took over a team low on confidence, with players injured and loanees being recalled. As well as that he managed to identify and secure transfer targets in a 2 week window that have so far turned out to be a success, has managed to get a decent management team in place now, has won manager of the month, given some of the younger players a run out in a winning team and has generally 'managed the game' better than was being done previously with ,in the main, astute substitutions and it's a decent impact given he has only been in the job for 2 months.Credit where credit is due.

Great lwvel headed summary
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 15:21

Nice work Sliema....
Net full yet? 🎣
Well played indeed 👏👏👏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 18:12

Good post Parathletic.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 18:55

Again SC didn’t win a game. Callum Davidson has came in and we have won 5 on the bounce. It’s like a team who can’t score but buy a striker who starts scoring and winning games. I’m not saying it’s solely down to CD but this man has had a major impact. Stats do not lie.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 18:58

Does anybody think we would have won 5 in a row if Callum Davidson didn’t come in?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 19:52

Quote:

1981par, Mon 11 Mar 18:55

Again SC didn’t win a game. Callum Davidson has came in and we have won 5 on the bounce. It’s like a team who can’t score but buy a striker who starts scoring and winning games. I’m not saying it’s solely down to CD but this man has had a major impact. Stats do not lie.

Your not saying it's solely down to him? That's exactly what you said further up the thread 🤣🤣

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 21:26

This is painful. It's like death by a thousand cuts. Please stop.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 21:40

With St Johnstone struggling in the SPL to make the top 6 I think their managers jacket is on a shaky peg. I would not be surprised if Calum Davidson is on their radar.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 22:24

Don't see Tommy Wright getting the push to be honest. With the budget and the return of Newco, Hearts, Hibs to the premiership he is working now in the 6/8 position realistically.

Anything above that is a bonus not an expectation!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 23:20

What is painful da no 1?. You keep having sly digs at me but sit on the fence on every topic. We have won 5 on the bounce since CD has came in. We must keep him. He has clearly made an impact and I honestly think we wouldn’t have won 5 in a row if he wasn’t on board. Just my opinion. Not saying I’m right.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 23:30

Quote:

1981par, Mon 11 Mar 23:20

What is painful da no 1?. You keep having sly digs at me but sit on the fence on every topic. We have won 5 on the bounce since CD has came in. We must keep him. He has clearly made an impact and I honestly think we wouldn’t have won 5 in a row if he wasn’t on board. Just my opinion. Not saying I’m right.

None of my digs at you are sly. I think you're completely wrong as I've said numerous times on this thread. Your first post stated that the 5 wins were down to Callum Davidson entirely. I still maintain you're wrong. You've since backtracked and said it's a team effort etc. Yet you still post nonsense. None of this is sly. You're wrong

Post Edited (Mon 11 Mar 23:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 23:31

Quote:

He’s the only reason we are doing well

Wrong.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 23:50

Let’s agree to disagree da no 1
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 00:21

Quote:

1981par, Mon 11 Mar 23:50

Let’s agree to disagree da no 1

How can you disagree. He is 100% right.
Why cant you just put your hands up and admit you got it wrong but corrected your error. No big deal. None of us are always right or always wrong.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end