DAFC.net
Home 19 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Massive Game On Saturday
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 11 Mar 23:44

Despite all the good work and getting to 4th, if we lose on Sat and ICT win plus win the GIH v Alloa in Inverness, we will be 5pts behind them again.

This is a beast of a league.
It will take a huge effort to win the next 2 tough ties. If we do though, I will go hyperclappy.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Massive Game On Saturday
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 06:08

The old chestnut of “all we can do is to focus on the next game, nothing we can do about how ICT fare in their games” is very pertinent on this occasion
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 07:50

I doubt Parrot would have got much sleep after working himself into a frenzy late last night. It is a massive game, but no more so than any of the previous 5, in which we have taken maximum points. This game is just worth another 3 pts.

Confidence and morale are high among the squad and we're at home, so we must start slight favourites, but football has a habit of kicking you in the nether regions when you least expect it.

Still and all, I'm going for another 1-0 win. My prediction success rate currently stands at 80% over the last 5 games - not too shabby, is it? I've a mate who bets on the Pars to win 3-1 every game. I've been trying to get him to go for the 1-0 instead, but he's as stubborn as they come.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 08:52

The bottom line is that we have it in our own hands to achieve a play off place and do not have to rely on any other team doing us a favour.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 09:08

Perhaps optimistically, but we have it in our own hands to win promotion. Obviously certainly other teams players may con the referee! 🤔

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 10:17

I was hoping we'd seen the end of posts along the lines of 'If we lose and x and y win, we're doomed'.

Fortunately, I don't think professional footballers think that way. Do you think Partick Thistle went into their match with Dundee United on Saturday thinking 'If we lose and Alloa win we'll be bottom of the league by 4 points'?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 12:33

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 12 Mar 10:17

I was hoping we'd seen the end of posts along the lines of 'If we lose and x and y win, we're doomed'.

Fortunately, I don't think professional footballers think that way. Do you think Partick Thistle went into their match with Dundee United on Saturday thinking 'If we lose and Alloa win we'll be bottom of the league by 4 points'?

I don't think the players think like that at all Eck and for what it is worth I am quite confident we can win the next two and beyond.
I was just pointing out how quickly things can change in such a competitive league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 16:54

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 12 Mar 07:50

I doubt Parrot would have got much sleep after working himself into a frenzy late last night. It is a massive game, but no more so than any of the previous 5, in which we have taken maximum points. This game is just worth another 3 pts.

Confidence and morale are high among the squad and we're at home, so we must start slight favourites, but football has a habit of kicking you in the nether regions when you least expect it.

Still and all, I'm going for another 1-0 win. My prediction success rate currently stands at 80% over the last 5 games - not too shabby, is it? I've a mate who bets on the Pars to win 3-1 every game. I've been trying to get him to go for the 1-0 instead, but he's as stubborn as they come.

You may have just jinxed it towards your mate GG, 3-1 to the Pars to break our drought against the Arabs.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 17:29

You do realise after the next 2 games we could be 2nd in the lead?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 18:48

If Ross County do well this evening, and on Friday evening; thereby effectively tieing up the Title,it will have a massive psychological effect on Dundee United.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 19:34

What i would like to see on Saturday is for us to actually score in the first half so it alters Dundee united's game plan and they have to chase the game where we can then pick them off on the counter attack maybe it's wishful thinking but from what i have seen of Utd lately they are their for the taking , plus it would be better on my heart , will take any win though
cmon ye pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 19:57

Quote:

renegade master, Tue 12 Mar 17:29

You do realise after the next 2 games we could be 2nd in the lead?

Crazy isnt it. Loving it though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 20:01

How many times have we beaten Utd in the Championship ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Mar 20:06

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 12 Mar 20:01

How many times have we beaten Utd in the Championship ?

Will certainly be tough but looking at form and changes in personnell and style plus home advantage, I think there is a good chance of reducing the deficit.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end