DAFC.net
Home 22 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next season's contracts
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 14:49

Just wondered who people want to stay and go - apologies if there is another thread like this. As far as i'm aware these are the players under contract past this season:

Ashcroft
J Longridge
Devine
Hippolyte
Thomson
Smith
Beadling
Todd?

Is there any chance a mutual termination is offered to Hippo? Just not quite fit in.
I would let go of Devine too but seems unlikely.

In terms of the rest of the squad I would keep Craigen, Scully, Blair and possibly Louis Longridge. Can't say much for the rest of the squad.

Thoughts?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next season's contracts
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 14:55

It's a shame we're stuck with Ashcroft, Devine and Hippolyte if that's the case.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 14:58

Ashcroft is a good player. Unfair criticism.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 15:11

Quote:

1981par, Sun 7 Apr 14:58

Ashcroft is a good player. Unfair criticism.

Think when defensively we've been poor most of the season it's up for debate, he's not been much better than Devine. Far too slow as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 15:19

I would definitely retain Louis Longridge, who made two goals yesterday ; and James Craigen,who must be a shoe in,and James Vincent,of the players who are not on a two year contract already.

I would bring in Bruce Anderson and Alloa's Zanatta on loan, and move for Michael Gardyne of Ross County ,who is just the old head we badly lack.

And then there is Super Joe.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 15:49

Hippolyte did well when he came on yesterday . Wholesale changes mean starting again. Manager should keep the majority and fill the gaps/cracks where he see’s fit
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 16:16

I feel like Ashcroft and Morris covered each others weaknesses well last year whereas Devine and Ashcroft are much of a muchness. Stoic defenders who struggle to even clear their lines at times. Ashcroft cost us a lot in other ways - the silly red at Raith springs to mind. I think we should look at someone like Brad Mckay who knows the club and wants to move back closer to home from what I hear. Louis very hot and cold but yes a creative outlet. I would bring Joe back in some capacity, maybe a player/coach on a pay as you play deal. Might be sentiment that is clouding my judgement however
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 16:47

Here's my prediction for next season:

GOALKEEPERS:

Scully - We will exercise the contract extension option
Murdoch - Sign to a 6 month deal, much like we did with Fordyce after his injury. Signing him will allow Gill to go out on loan.
Gill - Re-sign him and loan him out - understand he may want to leave though.
Robinson - Release

DEFENDERS:

Williamson - Time's up. Time to move on. Lovely lad but no manager has been able to make a defender out of him yet. Craw has tried him on the wing but we can get an out and out winger instead of trying to mould him into one which could take even longer.
Devine - Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him due to his contract but he can be the third cb.
Ashcroft - Keep him and find him a new defensive partner, one who can lead the defence which he can't.
Durnan - Release. Rank rotten.
Jackson Longridge - He's here for another year, happy with that but needs to recover early season form.
Martin - Release.

MIDFIELDERS:

Craigen - Has been consistent throughout the season. Deserves a new deal.
Vincent - Don't try and sign him at end of the loan. Awful. Not the player he was when he came in last January.
Thomson - Thankfully he's tied down for another year.
Beadling - Same as Thomson but needs to find previous form again.
Louis Longridge - Give another deal. Has been a bit hit and miss but one I'd keep.
Blair - Would like to hope we can keep him but we may not be able to.
Higgy - Release. Doesn't do enough. Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk on the pitch.
Conolly - Release. Just hasn't been any good.

ATTACKERS:

Ryan - Release. Has never managed to nail down a starting berth and rarely performs when he starts. That Falkirk miss too should be reason enough for him to go.
Hippolyte - Unless the parties reach a mutual termination agreement, he'll be here to stay, sadly. Highest scorer this season and I've no idea how that's even possible.
El Bakhtaoui - A game changer but hasn't come anywhere near close to reaching expectations. Bringing him back would largely depend on his salary demands.
Anderson - Would be nice to have him back but can see him loaned to a Premiership club next season instead.
Muirhead - Release. One of the worst signings AJ made.
Smith - He's under contract but its a make or break year for him.

Not completely sure on the contract situations of the reserve boys but would like to think we'd keep Todd and McCann on.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 16:59

Gill is contracted for next season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 17:37

Gill isn't contracted for next season.

the young ones are usually on 2 year deals when they come out of the academy system, id be looking to get Todd and McCann on an extra year on top of that already though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 18:04

See what the new manager thinks 😁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 18:37

Ashcroft has been brutal since Urban Hymns .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 18:43

agree basically fully with parsfan98, I think Hippo will mutually terminate though. The fans have tried to warm to him and he just hasn't clicked. A good impact player on his day but with the apparent interest from Falkirk in January it wouldn't surprise me if they took him on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 19:17

Not a great fan of Hyppo but I thought he did reasonably well after coming on yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 19:36

Ashcroft isn’t good enough. Makes so many stupid errors. Make Craigen captain: that’s a real Pars man in the making.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 19:40

Anderson and Beadling are the best players at the club. The rest are good League 1 players . Scully is an upgrade on Robinson but he’s still absolutely murder in the grand scheme of things .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 20:50

Loan players not included, I’d Keep Jackson Longridge, Beadling, Thomson, Craigen...
Don’t care about keeping any of the others really
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 20:50

Scully isn’t murder. He’s a decent goalkeeper.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 20:58

BigSolBamba can you email me please about a matter connected to your account.
My email is in my profile.
Thanks

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 21:08

I’d punt Louis Longridge, he’s pretty much the same as higgy, just not good enough. I’d keep Ashcroft and punt Devine and durnan well so long as the other cb has pace. What a difference it would make to have an actual right back in the squad too. Crying out for a big guy in the middle of the park, Draper at county dominated us every game.

Vincent can go, not good enough. Hippo, connolly and muirhead a waste of a wage.

Just hope there’s enough decent options out there that we can afford even if we reduce squad size to get a better first 11, hopefully we can get some business done early in the window too.

Adding stature, physicality and pace on the wingers are absolutely vital, we have been totally one dimensional all season.

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 22:08

The most important contracts for me are the management team....do we keep them?
Hard one to call.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-adise  
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 22:40

Agree with everything parsloyal98 says.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Apr 23:52

I think Callum Davidson is earmarked for bigger things so pretty much inevitable he will go. Surprised that with all the CB woes we clearly have and the fact that SC has shown faith in youngsters that Stuart Morrison hasn't been given a shot. Maybe too soon but would like to see what he offers once safety is guarenteed.
As for Scully, i'm a fan. Not quite fulfilled his potential he showed at us first time round but a dependable figure who knows the club well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 8 Apr 00:02

Durnan was doing alright till he got an injury.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 8 Apr 09:47

I agree Durnan was better than Devine.
It could be a great idea making Craigan captain. He seems to be a very hardworking player and can move around playing different roles, he would be a good ambassador for the club, I've been at 2 occasions where he spoke to fans, he is a very articulate young man, obviously I don't know what he is like in the dressing room.
As to having a third coach, I also would imagine Caluum moving, AJ IMO made a huge mistake in not offering Joe a player / position, I would hope that he gets offered something next season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Mon 8 Apr 09:52

I hope the management team decide on what style of football they want to play and recruit players to fit that style.

My worry is that teams take time to be built, continually releasing/losing the majority of the squad in the summer and then trying to recruit the majority of a team is a near impossible task. With the financial constraints we are under, we can't match some of the other teams in the league (Ross County/Dundee Utd), and so rely on the ability of the management team to recruit well. I'd like to see us concentrate on getting a really good spine to the team. So a decent CB with a bit of pace and someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

It maybe that we need to retain some of the existing team as we simply can't get any better alternatives.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 8 Apr 10:00

We can't afford a complete clearout as some have suggested.

Players like Beadling, Craigen, the Longridges, Blair were seen to be worthy additions by many when they came here.
Also, some think Ashcroft and Durnan are half decent, so just try to get them to play better.

What we can't do if we have any ambition at all is to battle on with a formation which has a lone striker with crap support from midfield.
Doomed to failure all day long.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Apr 13:08

Can't say i'm on the same page as everyone else with Mark Durnan, almost a carbon copy of Devine. Interchangable for a reason, I would like to see Brad Mckay back which might be controversial but I think he would compliment Ashcroft better
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Mon 8 Apr 15:56

For me, the only players I'd be desperate to keep are Beadling, J. Longridge and Craigen.

Anderson and Blair would be good additions, but in reality will not be here next season. I'd keep Thomson and Ashcroft, but we need a new centre half partner for him. Devine as backup wouldn't be too bad.

Off the wage bill should be Robinson, Murdoch, Martin, Durnan, Vincent, Connolly, Muirhead, Hippolyte.

The rest could do a job in this division with the right formation and man in charge. However, I wouldn't be distraught if we lost any of them. Is that Stevie? Think he deserves a shot at it anyway.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: