DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Managers job
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Tue 9 Apr 23:59

Will the managers position be reviewed at the end of the season? The chairman stated it was a permanent rolling contract whatever that means?? I think Crawford has done ok results wise apart from the cup game at Starks. The football for me has been poor under Crawford. Is that because he’s having to work with what he has? I personally would like to see Jim Goodwin as manager with Calum Davidson as assistant. I believe they would get the best out of the players they are passionate, young & ambitios and looking to progress. Dunfermline could be a good stepping stone when you look at Jack Ross that should inspire other managers.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Managers job
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 06:35

I also want Goodwin as manager but Crawford should be given a chance with his own players. Get rid of all that dross in the summer and get some half decent players in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 06:44

No from me...credit due he got the results to take us away from relegation but I haven't seen anything above average to suggest we would be challenging at the right end.
Harsh I know but the football has been pretty dire I'll may be feel more positive when I hear what his plans are.
Edit....lose F****** and those five wins start to look like luck.

I Hope You're Ok Today....

Post Edited (Wed 10 Apr 06:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 06:48

He'll have the gig for next season.

He got us safe with a crop of players that were brought in and not good enough, 5 wins on the trot proved to be absolutely vital. It wasn't luck, you cant go through 450 mins of football and account it all to 'luck'.

The players he was responsible for bringing in, Anderson and Scully helped more than hindered.

He's earnt the opportunity for me, whether I want him or not.

Post Edited (Wed 10 Apr 06:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 07:07

Quote:

Berry, Wed 10 Apr 06:48

He got us safe with a crop of players that were brought in and not good enough, 5 wins on the trot proved to be absolutely vital. It wasn't luck, you cant go through 450 mins of football and account it all to 'luck'.

The players he was responsible for bringing in, Anderson and Scully helped more than hindered.

I didn't say it was all luck...but go on...tell me no luck was involved, those games were hardly stellar either.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 07:09

Will be interesting to see how we get on in the next four games. Anything less than seven points is a very poor show.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 07:42

I would say Stevie and Greg deserve a full season with some more of their own players.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JohnnyW  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 07:59

If he fails to beat Falkirk he can pack his bags

------------------------------------------------------------
Best tweet ever:

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 08:56

They deserve until Christmas.
If we are not in the top 3 at that point of the season then the position needs reviewing!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 09:38

Let's see how the last few games go. OK, job nearly done in terms of being safe, but a couple of more defeats and it really isn't good enough. If we cement 5th place and get a couple of good wins, then he deserves a shot. My hopes now are to help relegate Falkirk and some entertainment, especially given there is hee haw to play for.

As for next season - if it is not going well, then Christmas is too late. International break in October or November is the time, so that new manager has a chance to assess and influence the team before January.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 09:52

He's taken us away from the wrong end of the table and shown with loan signings he has an eye for a player. He's also prepared to play kids.

Deserves next season to shape his own squad IMO.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 10:16

Quote:

JohnnyW, Wed 10 Apr 07:59

If he fails to beat Falkirk he can pack his bags

Aye, cos that's all that counts for us Pars fans, innit?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsPryde  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 11:18

Stevie inherited a team that were low in confidence and belief. You could see that when they were on the pitch.

A number of players who 'might' have made things better/easier have been out with injuries. (I think someone stated online recently we have had 18 major operations on players)

This meant that he had limited options to tweak the team to make an improvement in the short term and I think for many fans 5th place will be good enough after a bad season (although I'm still hoping for a chance at 4th ... whilst it's still mathematically possible)

My view is: if they ensure we finish upper table then Stevie, Greg (and Callum) should be given a chance to build their own team. Review results by October/November.

I was lucky enough to attend an event where I heard all three speak. Their desire to bring our club back up to the standard we hope and desire (and expect sometimes) made me believe that they could be a cracking team and bring out the best in our players.

I also suspect they may have a few gems of players lined up to sign ....although I have nothing other than a gut feeling to support that theory.

==============
Have your say, Join the PST Today

Proud to be a Par

"If you don't want to wear the jersey, stay in the dressing room": Norrie McCathie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 12:54

We can all quibble about team selections, formations, tactics etc, but the only major criticism I would have of him so far was the team he selected for the home game against Ayr. I will never understand how he thought that team gave us our best chance of winning that game. However, I don't think that's a reason for getting rid of him. I hope we don't become a club that changes its manager every season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 12:55

I think we should sack the manager after every game we lose.

.......a draw will result in an informal warning.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 12:59

Would a win wipe out an informal warning?
How many informal warnings would you need to merit a formal warning?
How many formal warnings merit being punted?
Lots to think about 🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 13:00

I just hope Callum Davidson will stay.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 13:19

Goodwin turned down St Midden (a team he Loves), when they wanted him... What makes anyone think he would even consider coming to EEP?
He's a part time manager as well remember.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 13:35

I am quite satisfied with how things have gone under Stevie C. Sure, we've had a few hiccups, but overall he and his coaching team have improved the side from where we were under AJ and SC.

Also, while Callum Davidson seems to get all the attention, I rather wonder if Greg Shields has not brought some American coaching techniques to EEP that have helped lift spirits and interest among the players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 13:58

Credit due to the players and coaches for turning the results round,but i think we should at least put the feelers out to see if Goodwin would be interested in coming to the Pars .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 14:02

and pay off another manager while paying compensation to get another?

"I think we should sack the manager after every game we lose"

unless we get relegated Crawford will be in charge next season but some people will have that reaction next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 14:16

I think the board would like Falkirk the Rovers Dundee and Utd to be in the league moneywise.i hope Inverness Ross county go up what support do they bring.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 18:26

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 10 Apr 07:07

Quote:

Berry, Wed 10 Apr 06:48

I didn't say it was all luck...but go on...tell me no luck was involved, those games were hardly stellar either.

You're indicating that losing to Falkirk would indicate the 5 wins on the trot would appear more lucky than anything else. Truth is whatever the result, it's irrelevant to that 5 game winning streak.

You could argue every win is lucky due to a missed shot on target from the opponent if you wanted to.

Not directed at anyone in particular but getting fed up with all this downbeat stuff, we went on a massive moanfest with AJ, he gets the boot, a call that should have been made earlier granted, now it's just jump onto the next opportunity to bring someone else down, its like some folk just like to bathe in negativity.

Fact is we were battling relegation when SC came in, the realistic expectation was to improve and avoid the drop, anything else was a bonus, he had us tinkering with the promotion playoffs and kept it interesting for a few more weeks, all with a crop of players that AJ brought in who have been well below par.

He deserves a shot at it next season, I'd question why he wants it though as he's just going to suffer constant stick next season whenever we drop points rather than the backing the club needs to actually improve, its counter productive and nonsense.

Was he my preferred replacement, absolutely not, but he's our boss now and I'll give him a fair crack at it, something he'll have a chance to do next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 19:30

So how do you account fir the last 5 games , we've had more good fortune since Crawford came in than AJ had in all this reign , a few cleared off the line, a couple of missed gift opportunitues from Scully the defence have generally been all over the place with Di many goalmouth scrambled and very few crosses into the 6 yard box yet despite this hardly conceded.
We've never managed to win a game when the opposition has scored.
Can't see why anyone would think Crawford is a good fit
Having said that hopefully he and Scully are here next season with hopefully Anderson on a permanent deal
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 19:35

Quote:

DAFC_90, Wed 10 Apr 19:30

So how do you account fir the last 5 games , we've had more good fortune since Crawford came in than AJ had in all this reign , a few cleared off the line, a couple of missed gift opportunitues from Scully the defence have generally been all over the place with Di many goalmouth scrambled and very few crosses into the 6 yard box yet despite this hardly conceded.
We've never managed to win a game when the opposition has scored.
Can't see why anyone would think Crawford is a good fit
Having said that hopefully he and Scully are here next season with hopefully Anderson on a permanent deal

DAFC_90, your views and opinions would be more valued if you didn't only come out when we've lost a couple of games. When we're onto a winner you're nowhere to be seen.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 20:05

Fao Berry
Check my posts Ive had the same opinion since Crawford's first league game in charge.
Shambilic defensive display ,good fortune etc etc
Nothing new buddie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 20:09

Speaking a few weeks back to someone 'in the know', he said that the the day to day improvements have been so huge that they only now realise how bad Johnston was. Crawford and gang have made a huge impression on every one and he certainly deserves to be kept on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 20:11

Quote:

DAFC_90, Wed 10 Apr 20:05

Fao Berry
Check my posts Ive had the same opinion since Crawford's first league game in charge.
Nothing new buddie

My point exactly, cant recall ever anything remotely positive.

Post Edited (Wed 10 Apr 20:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 21:17

Quote:

DAFC_90, Wed 10 Apr 20:05

Fao Berry
Nothing new buddie

When were these shambolic defensive displays?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 22:17

The defence is fairly stable at the moment.

There's a gaping big hole of no ability in midfield though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 22:29

I don't actually remember those shambolic defensive games you refer to.Possibly the Raith one but any defeats I can remember since then were 1 goal.

See Man utd's shambolic defence tonight losing all these 1 goals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 23:12

Tight games where both teams have chances, one team manages to put one of those chances away. If that team's us we're lucky, if it's the other team it's because we're shyte.

Similarly with a couple of our two-all draws. Us scoring an injury time equaliser was an indication of how bad we were, us losing an injury time equaliser was an indication of how bad we were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 01:09

Quote:

parsfan, Wed 10 Apr 23:12

Tight games where both teams have chances, one team manages to put one of those chances away. If that team's us we're lucky, if it's the other team it's because we're shyte.

Similarly with a couple of our two-all draws. Us scoring an injury time equaliser was an indication of how bad we were, us losing an injury time equaliser was an indication of how bad we were.

Precicely this. It drives me nuts and you cant even call the perpetrators raving freekin wombats for fear of getting forcefed a custard slice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvank  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 09:22

Given what he's had to work with he should be given a chance next season..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvank  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 09:25

Having been to most games this season ..we definitely need more warriors in the team..too often bullied and out fought...a bit of width would help..Not had a winger all season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 10:49

What's all this talk about the managers position.
Crawford and Shields were appointed in January. Not till the end of the season. So there's no job to fill.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 11:16

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Thu 11 Apr 10:49

What's all this talk about the managers position.
Crawford and Shields were appointed in January. Not till the end of the season. So there's no job to fill.

^^^ This.
If anyone is in any doubt this is the case do they really think Shields would quit a stable and likely fairly well paid post in the States to come back to EEP on a short term deal?
Some say you have to be crazy to be a football manager but that just a step too far.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 11:42

I think if you bring in anyone new, you have to give them a couple if seasons. I think that has to be the way forward. There is not alot of money at the club so you are going to be looking for staff who will go the extra mile for you. Similarly with players. You have to create the space for learning and development. In a professional sport such as football there are obviously other pressures. I think if the club is seen to be moving forward in all aspects then that is all you can ask for. I think promotion is 2 or 3 seasons away for those reasons.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 12:17

It would be a bit harsh to change it in the summer unless someone really strong becomes available. I quite like Goodwin but it would be a gamble. 3 weeks ago they looked doomed. 3 wins later and theyre flavour of the month. 2 weeks ago Queens won at Tannadice. Now they look doomed. This league is incredibly hard to predict and I don't think there are any real outstanding teams or managers.

Stick with what we have

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 21:20

Topic Originator: donj like | nolike Like: 1
Date: Wed 10 Apr 22:29

I don't actually remember those shambolic defensive games you refer to.Possibly the Raith one but any defeats I can remember since then were 1 goal.

Don't you remember the goalmouth scrambles ,the flapping at crosses , the confusion at balls will into the 6 yd box , the keepers miss kicks .the clearances off the line
The highlights never show this as I noticed in last week's
A suggestion is to watch a full game
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 21:50

Quote:

DAFC_90, Thu 11 Apr 21:20

Topic Originator: donj like | nolike Like: 1
Date: Wed 10 Apr 22:29

Don't you remember the goalmouth scrambles ,the flapping at crosses , the confusion at balls will into the 6 yd box , the keepers miss kicks .the clearances off the line
The highlights never show this as I noticed in last week's
A suggestion is to watch a full game

What a load of absolute crap. All you've done is describe a game of football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 13:05

I would rather have Hopkin in charge, but Craw will be a cheaper option and might give us an opportunity to spend more on better quality players.

Can't see it not being Stevie tbh.

Can't grudge him not getting a decent crack at it. Did well to steer us from relegation (which was a real possibility).

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:13

I think we need a steady ship. No more changes. Give SC and the management team the opportunity to develop the club and team. There are no quick fixes. It takes time. With a limited budget its all about extra effort. Its a good move to bring in individuals with an affinity to the club. Two many one year deals does not help.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 16:52

Well my CVs in now experience or idea but that doesn't matter
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:01

If Crawford gets the job, I don’t think I’ll renew my season ticket next season. It shows a complete lack of ambition from the board. Crawford is no improvement from Johnston (in my eyes). He is very tactically naive and doesn’t seem to know how to change the game. This showed once again today. We should do all we can to get Goodwin at the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:02

Topic Originator: RossF like | nolike
Date: Sat 13 Apr 17:01

If Crawford gets the job, I don’t think I’ll renew my season ticket next season. It shows a complete lack of ambition from the board. Crawford is no improvement from Johnston (in my eyes). He is very tactically naive and doesn’t seem to know how to change the game. This showed once again today. We should do all we can to get Goodwin at the club.

You can't saying that I got a right rollicking for sayin the same .
All the gear no idea comes to mind
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:05

What can he change? The subs bench today was full of awful players than AJ signed. Hippo, Muirhead, Higgy and Connolly, Durnan..a bench of nightmares
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:07

The squads as good as any in this league ,the organisation,tactics and selection is the problem
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:07

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Fri 12 Apr 13:05

I would rather have Hopkin in charge, but Craw will be a cheaper option and might give us an opportunity to spend more on better quality players.

Can't see it not being Stevie tbh.

Can't grudge him not getting a decent crack at it. Did well to steer us from relegation (which was a real possibility).

It still is. Results go agianst us next week we would be 3 points off relegation playoffs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:09

DAFC_90 over half the team isn't good enough. Our midfield is so defensively minded and our only avenue of attack is lumps up the park which other teams love against tiny attackers. Ashcroft can't deal with a bouncing ball.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:12

Don’t think so. Falkirk play Morton. Both can’t win.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 17:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:13

The squad is guff
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:13

Morton play midweek
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammy_shuffle  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:18

The squad is as good as any in this league. I don't think so. We have no what you would call a game changer in our ranks. Other teams have. God knows where we go from here. Uninspiring to say the least. Whoever gets the gig has some job. Not that we are totally safe yet. Need at least another point.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:23

In Anderson as good a goalscorer as any ( his movements great and awareness but needs a few chances to get one as but that's why he's playing here),higgy and Louis longridge are capable of pulling something out of the bag , craigens decent although often used as a utility man , hyppo and faz are well capable ,it's all about having round pegs in round holes organising and giving players the confidence to express themselves
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:25

Nick, that squad is better than Falkirk’s. We should have brought Muirhead and Hippolyte on much earlier as Fais unfortunately has his worst game in a Pars too today.

We have been 2-0 up against Partick and blew it and by far the better team in the first half against County and came out the second half a totally different team.

Other teams seem to make changes if we are in control and we don’t know how to counter that. God knows how Vincent managed to get a start today and finish the full 90! He was terrible and has been the past few games.

Anyway, that’s only my opinion about Crawford. He’s a club legend, but not good enough to take the job. He no doubt will get it though because he is the cheap option.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:31

A real manager for next season is a must. If not we’ll be back down to league 1.

Potter mk 2

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: