DAFC.net
Home 17 July 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Relegation play off
Topic Originator: fly boy  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 04:03

Not inconceivable we could be involved.We are not safe. Just saying before everyone has an eppie
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Relegation play off
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 04:39

I think Morton might be heading for the relegation play-off. They have been on a real downward path for quite a while.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 19:18

The Falkirk V Morton game looks a bit tasty in two weeks, after the McKinnon debacle Morton will be desperate to beat the Bairns and consign them to the seaside league which may be possible of the results go against them this weekend and next
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 19:20

There would be a certain sense of “be careful what you wish for” if Morton were to relegate Falkirk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 19:28

Quote:

fly boy, Wed 10 Apr 04:03

Not inconceivable we could be involved.We are not safe. Just saying before everyone has an eppie

I think it is inconceivable. In order to finish above us the following needs to happen:

Partick need to pick up at least 8 points more than us in their remaining 5 games.

AND

Queens & Alloa need to pick up at least 6 points more than us in their remaining 4 games.

AND

Morton need to pick up at least 5 points more than us in their remaining 4 games.

I'm not even sure it's mathematically possible with the fixtures available.

Thats assuming we lose all 4.

We're safe.

...ken?

Post Edited (Wed 10 Apr 19:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 21:21

The way the fixtures fall, it is mathematically possible for Dunfermline to finish bottom of the league - but only if we were to lose our last four games and there were a whole succession of freakish results where all the teams below us beat all the teams above us.

It is mathematically MORE likely that we will be in the promotion play-offs.

But both situations are now highly UNLIKELY.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:13

Please show your workings Stanza!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:18

If anyone seriously thinks theres a real prospect of us going down get onto your betting site and get backing the results that are going to take us down because you will get paid big time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:30

it is a long shot but mathematically correct.

If we lose our last 4 games we will end up on 41 points, if our toxic friends win their last 4 games they finish on 44 points.

The bottom line is we are playing teams fighting for their lives in the next 4 games.

12 points are up for grabs those who take them will be safe.

We are 1 win from safety, the pressure will soon come back to us if we lose today!

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 00:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:34

It is possible mathematically but like I said if you genuinely fancy it get your money in because its going to take some set of results for it to happen. You'll clean up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:38

Just had to check the date to check this wasn’t a old post!

Got a great felling about tomorrow, going for a routing. It’s our end of season walk away loving football day, waiting for next season.
Last year it was the Inverness away.
Previous it was going down to Queens and the last minute goal
The year before was Cowdenbeath winning against Peterhead, all might not be the last game but they are the end
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 00:42

I hear what you are saying Renegade but I do think we are fine - to go down or be in the Play Offs on 41pts would be exceptionally unlucky.
I do fear for us tomorrow a bit, we are playing a team who will be well up for it and I really hope our players are not checking off due to our League position and give those mutants the pumping they deserve. Anderson and Crawford are saying the right things post match at least.
It's turning into one of those leagues where you would probably rather play the top 4 in the final fixtures rather than the vultures at the bottom in my opinion.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 05:03

I am amused that the media reckon today is a dead rubber.

If a player in a Pars shirt cannot be fired up to play Falkirk,he is in the wrong sport.

There are local school kids who think the Battle Of Falkirk was an early match at Brockville!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 07:08

We’re bang in the middle 8 points of the relegation play off’s & 8 points off a promotion play off position. It’s going to come down to bottle. We all know how unpredictable this league can be but I’m sure we will be fine.
As we’re playing the teams below us we have a great chance of picking up some points. We’ve had a tough wee run of games recently but nows our chance to claw some points back.
Support today should be bouncing COYP!

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 07:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 07:09

Quote:

1970par, Wed 10 Apr 19:20

There would be a certain sense of “be careful what you wish for” if Morton were to relegate Falkirk

Exactly, Kenny. Make no mistake, I hope we score at least 3 or 4 today, but Falkirk going down would be an even bigger disaster for us than losing the wee team 2 seasons ago. It's not just the financial aspect either- we'd lose 4 keenly awaited derby fixtures with a raucous crowd producing a great atmosphere.

Maybe some of you would rather play Forfar?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 07:12

I’d prefer Falkirk to stay up, it’s always a good game against them & it’s not far to travel. Certainly a money maker for both clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:14

We need Falkirk to stay up. Why would anyone want Falkirk to go down. I would say 1 more point and we are safe.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 09:47

Quote:

1981par, Sat 13 Apr 08:14

We need Falkirk to stay up. Why would anyone want Falkirk to go down. I would say 1 more point and we are safe.

We don't need anyone to stay up.

If they and Partick go down and are replaced by Arbroath and Forfar it would make the league easier for us next season.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:11

It wouldn't make it easier for us in relation to the other teams which will be competing for promotion though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:18

But there would be one (or two) fewer challengers so it makes the top four more likely, no?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:21

Where has football rivalry gone,
I thoroughly enjoyed it when the rovers went down and I would enjoy even more if the Babies went down as well .
I cant remember any of the Falkirk or Raith fans I know that said
'that's really bad for us that you have been relegated '
Not one........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:34

Our main rivals are Raith and Falkirk. Playing them is better than seeing them suffer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:36

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 13 Apr 10:34

Our main rivals are Raith and Falkirk. Playing them is better than seeing them suffer.

Raith I concur. Falkirk could rot for all I'm concerned.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:44

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 13 Apr 10:34

Absolutely rubbish, seeing them worse than your own team is the pinnacle
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 11:00

If we don't win today it will be 5 games without a win. At least we scored a couple last week and the games we have lost in the last 4 games have all been by 1-0. However 1-0 seems to have become a bit of a bad habit which I hope we will break today. Score first and we will get at least a draw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 15:53

Football can be decided by very small margins, an injury to a key player, a missed penalty, a red card and suddenly you can be in trouble. i will relax when we have three more points on board.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end