DAFC.net
Home 22 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 McIntyre
Topic Originator: DeeMan  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 10:50

Was raging when McIntyre was appointed Dundee manager (and my rage has not subsided) but was surprised on speaking to some Pars fans at the time when they said they would have taken him 'in a heartbeat'. Wonder what Pars supporters are thinking now with the mess he's made at Dens?
Of course he's got the fall-back excuse that he wasn't allowed to bring his mate Dodds with him.
Just think, you could have had him, Dodds and his Ross County mates, Andrew Davies (permanently injured), Craig Curran (striker who doesn't score goals) and Martin Woods (there are no words).
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McIntyre
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 10:55

I'm guessing you were speaking to Pars fans when AJ was in charge? I think the disillusionment with him reached such a high that some folk would have taken any alternative. I was not in the bring back McIntyre camp at any point.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 11:00

Me neither. Mcintyre never seemed to have a plan b, and never changed the system during matches. Some Pars fans have short memories.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 11:07

Shouldn't be forgotten that he got us promoted to the Premier League though., and we played some really good stuff, a season to remember.

He's openly acknowledged his mistakes the season after where he was too loyal to existing players who just couldn't cut it at a higher level.

Cant comment on his time at Dundee although thought they were in a dire mess before he came in and he was up against it from the get go.

A Championship manager for me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 12:41

Dundee are still suffering a Paul Hartley hangover. As are Falkirk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 16:01

Pars fans do now indeed have short memories.
Ask any Ross County fan and they will say the same as our fans did back then.
When in trouble , he never had a plan B and seems the Dundee fans agree too.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 11 Apr 18:13

Some of the comments are a bit harsh on McIntyre. I thought we were a pretty good team to watch for the majority of his time here. He got the likes of Cardle, Graham and Gibson in on the wings with Bell in the midfield and Kirk up front. We scored a lot of goals and he improved us season on season until we were in the SPL when most would acknowledge he was woefully let down by the board at the time. He also gave us that glorious Championship win when we pumped Raith and Falkirk on route.
Certainly wouldn't crave him back but I thought he was decent in his spell here.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 01:28

Exactly Frank. That season we went up was one of the most enjoyable seasons we’ve had in the last 20 years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 02:37

Frank nails it one million percent, he won us the title scoring the most goals, conceding the least where our closest challengers were Raith and Falkirk. Say that to any kid growing up now and they won't understand why he isn't hero worshipped.

One of our top 5? Managers over the past 50 years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 07:10

McIntyre is a snake, love seeing him fail.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 10:36

He did oversee that brilliant season. However the opinions of most were mixed as it went on. The addition of Hardie and Rustybits undoubtedly got us there and I will never forget the football we played as we went on to win it but the way in which he got the job and the "injuries" he had will always be a little asterisk next to his name for me.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 14:24

Rusty and Hardie were the remaining piece of the puzzle. As had been mentioned with the three wingers we had and Kirk we were already outstanding creatively. The opposite to right now where we don't own a decent striker and have nothing on the wings.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: