DAFC.net
Home 22 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 What kind of fan......
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 18:04

...... hurls racist abuse at black players in the opposing team, when their own team contains several black players?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47909511

Really surprised that this latest regrettable incident is apparently down to an Arsenal fan - their supporters are normally quite sensible and multi ethnic. There are some other clubs which appear to attract some far right idiots and perhaps the Gunners are not immune from them.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: What kind of fan......
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 18:12

It beggars belief doesn't it GG. Its not just that these cretins have these views but also that they lack the intelligence to not spout their vile in a public place where they can be easily identified.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 20:10

Never ever been able to get my head round it.

Reminds me of the time Lazio got done for it a few years ago and the president tried to say the racist chants weren’t racist “because we have black lads in our team too” 🤦🏼‍♂️

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 20:53

Quote:

parsloyal98, Fri 12 Apr 20:10

Do any of them stop to think that their own team's black players may be also deeply offended?

Reminds me of the time Lazio got done for it a few years ago and the president tried to say the racist chants weren’t racist “because we have black lads in our team too” 🤦🏼‍♂️

Lazio have a significant number of far right morons among their Ultras. They don't just hate blacks. Gays, Rom, disabled etc. all come in to the same category for them. Many of them are now emboldened by the rhetoric of Lega leader, Matteo Salvini, who would be welcomed by Neo Nazis all over Europe.

Some older folk may remember some England "fans" who didn't count goals scored by black England players in international matches, including a truly great one by John Barnes v Brazil in the Maracana. Any Brazilian would have been immensely proud to have scored it as he waltzed past 4 or 5 opponents from half way before rolling it past a bewildered keeper.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 22:29

Every team has some racists in their following, ours included unfortunately
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 23:08

On plus thing of social media, they will quickly be able to triangulate his seat and have him banned/ prosecuted
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 12 Apr 23:52

No need for high tech triangulation. He turns the camera on himself.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:11

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 12 Apr 20:53

Quote:

parsloyal98, Fri 12 Apr 20:10

Do any of them stop to think that their own team's black players may be also deeply offended?

Lazio have a significant number of far right morons among their Ultras. They don't just hate blacks. Gays, Rom, disabled etc. all come in to the same category for them. Many of them are now emboldened by the rhetoric of Lega leader, Matteo Salvini, who would be welcomed by Neo Nazis all over Europe.

Some older folk may remember some England "fans" who didn't count goals scored by black England players in international matches, including a truly great one by John Barnes v Brazil in the Maracana. Any Brazilian would have been immensely proud to have scored it as he waltzed past 4 or 5 opponents from half way before rolling it past a bewildered keeper.

They wouldn’t have a team to support these days. Absolute morons
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 11:37

I am sure there are deeper issues involved with those who do these things. They probably come from a very disordered family situation. Their own lives are in chaos and they want some easy target to vent their frustrations on. They probably have no more hatred of dark skinned people than anyone else. They probably have mental health issues and in the excitement of a football match they are unable to control their emotions. Maybe there are more devious individuals beside them who wind them up and snigger when they lose the plot and get arrested. Maybe there is a self centred aspect in all of our human lives that wants to raise our own ego by putting others down and this is the extreme example of that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 11:41

Wasn’t THAT long ago Some Rangers fans would omit goals scored by Catholics playing for them when talking about results. Unfortunately we’re not that far away from some of these cretins coming back to the fore thanks to the rise of ugly nationalism and fascism. Football unfortunately gives some of these idiots a medium from which to vent their spleens. Sad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:47

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 13 Apr 11:37

I am sure there are deeper issues involved with those who do these things. They probably come from a very disordered family situation. Their own lives are in chaos and they want some easy target to vent their frustrations on. They probably have no more hatred of dark skinned people than anyone else. They probably have mental health issues and in the excitement of a football match they are unable to control their emotions. Maybe there are more devious individuals beside them who wind them up and snigger when they lose the plot and get arrested. Maybe there is a self centred aspect in all of our human lives that wants to raise our own ego by putting others down and this is the extreme example of that.

You're trying far too hard to find any kind of excuse for those people, Paralex. Why not just accept the reality that some people are just odious, hate-filled, evil racists. Blind prejudice rules everything in their tiny minds. Chances are most of them would cross the road, rather than have to walk past a black person, never mind the fear that they might wish them a good morning.

Years ago, I was in London when a black man in a car, stopped to ask a white woman, out walking her dog, for directions. She replied with a string of profanities. He just shrugged his shoulders and drove away.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 12:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 16:52

Yes GG but there are some people whose lives are just full of irrational rage and hatred. It is something inherent to their personality. They seem to be trapped in it like a demonisation and the target of their anger can be unspecific. I have lived in a multicultural situation for most of my life and have never witnessed anything other than kindness to those of a different ethnic background and that has been in the west end of Glasgow. Maybe the average Glaswegian is much kinder to their multicultural neighbours than your average Londoner.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: