DAFC.net
Home 17 June 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Who wants to see Falkirk relegated?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:20

Not me.

Aside from the financial loss of two above average home gates and associated hospitality income, we'd lose four keenly anticipated derby games played out in front of a noisy and often bitter, rivalry. You only need to look at the loss of the wee team to League 1 to see how negatively that has impacted on us. It would be good if they could somehow scrape their way back to the Championship this season, but not at the expense of our friends from Grangemouth.

Anyone who wants to see the Rovers and Falkirk in League 1 next season, replaced by Arbroath and a n other from Forfar, East Fife or Airdrie is seriously needing their head examined.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Who wants to see Falkirk relegated?
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:24

Would be easier for us to win the league next season if County/United/Falkirk/Partick leave the league.

If the team is challenging at the top of the leage surely that will bring more fans to the games as well as added money for league position.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:30

I was going to agree with GG but Nick has a point.

Still....thats an "If", and with some stiff competition for top 4 next season again, maybe the guaranteed gate money would be better. We want Raith and Falkirk right enough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:30

Me . I'd happily see falkirk swap places with the rovers .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:31

Let’s give Falkirk 3 points today and help them stay up then...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:41

^^^^
😂🤣😂🤣😂😭
You been drinking already!
They will be getting beat today 3-1
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:43

We need the money from the gates so where is the ambition of not playing the top teams .If we do go up it will be a lot harder against premier league clubs and us being the Pars how many times do we slip up against the so called lower clubs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:45

''Let’s give Falkirk 3 points today and help them stay up then...''

Naw, let's no'. I'd be happy for us to stuff them 4-0 today and they can scrap for the points they need to stay up in their remaining games.

I do concede that if Falkirk go down and the wee team come up, their loss will be minimised, so I'd take that but would rather have them both in the Championship.

Can some of you remember the atmosphere at the Brechin games? All very well getting 12 easy points, but then so did almost every other team........

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:46

Completely agree with GG Riva. We do not want Falkirk relegated. Those are the games I love.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:53

Would love to seem them go down and pump them on their way. Absences makes the heart grow fonder and all that, couple of years in the seaside league would bring anticipation for the future Derby matches
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 08:57

''Would love to seem them go down and pump them on their way. Absences makes the heart grow fonder and all that, couple of years in the seaside league would bring anticipation for the future Derby matches.''

We'd be hoping to go up in their absence though, so we might not have another derby against them in our lifetimes........ :-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 09:09

The falkirk game have become a bit stale so maybe a rest from playing them would be a good thing, look at the game against the Rovers in the cup with it being almost a sell out of 3000 Pars fans yet we struggle to take 1500 to falkirk. Plus it would be quite amusing to se them go down.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 09:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 09:13

Quote:

rikaka, Sat 13 Apr 08:53

Would love to seem them go down and pump them on their way. Absences makes the heart grow fonder and all that, couple of years in the seaside league would bring anticipation for the future Derby matches

I agree with this, the novelty has well and truly worn off for me so a season or two apart wont bother me. I'm sure we'll survive without playing them.

Send the feckers doon !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 09:13

From the way chairwoman Margaret Lang conducted herself/Falkirk FC in the Dene Shields incident along with there players and scumbag fans. I would love it if they went down. Disgusting club from board level to the terraces. Hope we pump them today to help them get relegated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 09:38

Hope Falkirk go down..gutted working today, would have been great to be there.

Its great to play them but at end of the day, it be too funny to see them go

Also as no blame on mismanagement of the club - purely down to them being crap

Don't get me wrong I take the point on loss of income if they go and raith don't come up. Also got to factor in the fact Dundee Utd may stay in the league and Dundee coming down. That be more or less 4 sell out games and bigger boost for those two clubs, that would dwarf anything we make v raith or falkirk

Jobby!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:02

I hope falkirk do go down but i do hope Rovers come up via the playoffs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:08

If you don’t want to see them go down you’re at it

They’ll be challengers next season and them, Ross County and, especially, Dundee United out the league would benefit us for next season.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:17

[Keegan] I would love it if Falkirk were relegated, love it. [/Keegan]

If you can't get a bit of schadenfreude from your rivals imploding then what's the point of having rivals? They were lapping it up when we went into administration, they were laughing their heads off when we were toiling in League One, they still see themselves as a "big club" for whom the Seaside League is beneath them and the behaviour of their chairperson in the Shiels case was pretty bad. On top of that, a league without Falkirk should be easier for us to compete in, a season (or more) in League One could weaken them for a good few years and when they did return then it would mean there would be more hype and bigger crowds for the games. I know we get a few more bodies through the gates for these games but that is outweighed by everything else IMO.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:17

A big part of football rivalries is seeing your rivals suffer. Over the years football has rarely delivered what I wanted though, so I'm not too bothered about it. Que sera sera...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: seagull1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:30

Nothing would be give me greater pleasure than seeing them relegated.

They hate us and laughed loudly when we went down after our points deduction. Get it up them, hoping we help them on their way today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:35

Would love it if they are relegated, have no time for them.

Rivalries are great for sport, but I want us to have the best chance to get into promotion contention next season and Falkirk getting relegated would help with that, there is no way they'd be as bad as they have been this season if they manage to stay up.

It's our duty today, to make Falkirk suffer and help Alloa out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:41

I can empathise completely with those who want to see Falkirk go down. Maybe if they were replaced by Hearts and Hibs from the Championship, our budget for next season wouldn't take a hit.

It's not just the budget either. Think of the atmosphere if Falkirk and Partick are replaced by Arbroath and Forfar.......☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:47

Come on, let’s get right into them and give them a massive shove down the trap door. They are our rivals, they absolutely hate us and we’re Not that fond of them.

Can’t believe some posters are citing money and derby day fixtures next year as reasons for not wanting them down.

I want them crushed, humiliated, I want videos of grown men losing their head, I want internet memes of Falkirk fans imploding, snaps of Falkirk players heads in hands, children crying in the stand, and generally for all associated with that club to have an absolute nightmare against us today. I don’t forget the hissing when Norrie died, the eyeballs at Dean Shiels, their clubs pathetic reaction to the ban handed to their players.

I don’t just want them to be relegated I want them to be completely smashed. And it shall be glorious. Absolutely glorious.

This could be a great day, GREAT DAY for us.

Ends 0-0 🙄

Edited for typos. 👍

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 11:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:57

I'm a football fan and in a football sense it would be superb for them to be relegated.
I don't care about the budget, that is for the people in charge to sort and this board is one I would trust to sort accordingly to whatever expected gates would be in a particular season.
We over spent a great deal during Calderwood's tenure but i wouldn't change those experiences during those years for anything
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:58

Them going down is one of the few hopes I have for the rest of the season.

Pump Falkirk today. A proper pumping of Super Tuesday proportions.
Falkirk to go down
Rovers to come up
Ayr to get promotion
Aberdeen to win the cup
A new Scotland manager
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 10:58

I’d love to see them go down. It would be hilarious. I know the board will probably be bricking it money wise but they give us stick when we got relegated so we should do the same to them! I cannot believe they are in this position but I will savour it, especially when I work with a good few Falkirk fans!

We really should win today but I fear Rudden will give our defence a hard time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 11:00

Would be funny if they went down but I want them to stay up really.

And having the Rovers win playoff.

Don't think we'd be anywhere near ready for Premiership next year, don't think Stevies the man to take us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 11:02

Me. Anyone who doesn't want them relegated, for whatever reason they conjure up, are taking themselves way too seriously.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 11:06

Doesn't matter too much who are in the league, if we are hitting the top of the league the fans will turn up in big numbers. The games against Falkirk and Raith add a bit of excitement for the fans but if we were challenging for the title that would probably just be a bit of a side show.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 11:07

Everyone's budget would take a hit, maybe ours a little bit more but I don't think we'd be the only ones with reduced income
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 11:37

Budgets my erse. Down to play with the little fishies Falkirk.....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:08

We need Falkirk and Raith Rovers in our league.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:22

Quote:

Indiapar, Sat 13 Apr 12:08

We need Falkirk and Raith Rovers in our league.

No we don't
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:34

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:46

Absolutely want to see them sink. Horrible club.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:49

Falkirk and Rovers in League 1 next year would be glorious. I'm sick of football fans worrying about finances - the board will deal with that, all I'm caring about is the product on the park.

From a footballing perspective, I'd take Arbroath and East Fife over Falkirk and Patrick any day of the week. If we have those two, plus Alloa, Morton, QotS and Ayr in the league we would have a fantastic chance of getting at least the playoffs.

Need to win today, and I'm sure Stevie knows that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 12:52

Me 100%. Falkirk will be a lot stronger next season if they stay up, but besides that it'd be funny as.....

A good pumping from us to help them on their way down, will do nicely today.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:05

Without trawling carefully through the entire thread, a quick glance suggests that the ''ayes'' have it, Mr Speaker, the ''ayes'' have it......

So, I'm in the minority, but I won't lose any sleep over it, because I was looking at the bigger picture. That Falkirk FC are an unlovable club and some of their fans are even worse than that, is not in dispute.

The way I see it, a bigger budget means we can bring in better players next season, giving us a better chance of promotion, but what the hell. eh? Who wants to go up to the Premiership? We'd just get pumped every week, wouldn't we?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:20

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sat 13 Apr 10:47

Come on, let’s get right into them and give them a massive shove down the trap door. They are our rivals, they absolutely hate us and we’re Not that fond of them.

Can’t believe some posters are citing money and derby day fixtures next year as reasons for not wanting them down.

I want them crushed, humiliated, I want videos of grown men losing their head, I want internet memes of Falkirk fans imploding, snaps of Falkirk players heads in hands, children crying in the stand, and generally for all associated with that club to have an absolute nightmare against us today. I don’t forget the hissing when Norrie died, the eyeballs at Dean Shiels, their clubs pathetic reaction to the ban handed to their players.

I don’t just want them to be relegated I want them to be completely smashed. And it shall be glorious. Absolutely glorious.

This could be a great day, GREAT DAY for us.

Ends 0-0 🙄

Edited for typos. 👍

Just read this. Brilliant -agree 100%.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:22

GG, that’s a poor response. I’m wrong because unlike you I’m not “looking at the bigger picture?”.

You’re not the better person as your tone suggests.

I’d much rather we focus on the “bigger picture” on improving our own team and players/playing style to drive up attendances rather than hoping our rivals get better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1957Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:28

Pump them today, take the three points, move on and hope they sink. Amen
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:31

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 13 Apr 08:24

Would be easier for us to win the league next season if County/United/Falkirk/Partick leave the league.

If the team is challenging at the top of the leage surely that will bring more fans to the games as well as added money for league position.

We are a team where we are. We don't have funds to be competing in premiership. Accept we are where we are as this is our current level.
Dunfermline are a strong supported team but we need to accept we will struggle for a good decade more financially to compete with the bigger boys. ENJOY OUR WEEKLY TRIES IN THE DIVISION. NO MORE EXPECTED.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:36

The only club that I truly hate, years ago when I was working two of my bosses supported them and when we lost they thought it great to neadle me and the other Par's fans. They are the only club that I want the bigot brothers to beat.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:39

GG is right. Bigger gates = more cash = bigger budget to recruit for the next campaign. If you want to let go some and bring better in you cant be silly about rivalrys.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:48

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 13 Apr 13:39

GG is right. Bigger gates = more cash = bigger budget to recruit for the next campaign. If you want to let go some and bring better in you cant be silly about rivalrys.

No GG has a different opinion, he like you would like us to spend more money to be successful.
The majority seem to like the football side of it where rivalries and the banter of said rivalries is a big part of our football experience.
I couldn't care who we play each week, I just like to watch Dunfermline and I love it when Falkirk have their turn at being poor.
Our turn will come again when they can float and I'll accept that because that is how it should be
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:52

It could also be argued that with Falkirk relegated and a weaker league next season we could assemble a team capable of getting promotion.

Personally I hope they go down. Horrible club, horrible fans and a horrible ground.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:54

Maybe we should look st the bigger picture. The financial rewards from promotion would far exceed income from a couple of derby games. So, I want the weakest Championship.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 13:56

Quote:

Thaipar, Sat 13 Apr 13:31

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 13 Apr 08:24

We are a team where we are. We don't have funds to be competing in premiership. Accept we are where we are as this is our current level.
Dunfermline are a strong supported team but we need to accept we will struggle for a good decade more financially to compete with the bigger boys. ENJOY OUR WEEKLY TRIES IN THE DIVISION. NO MORE EXPECTED.

Away you go..Livingston never had the budget that we had and went up last season. Plus they have established themselves in the premier this season too
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:24

I dont think that playing in a division of weaker teams will help. It just means weaker teams get promoted. We want to go up but we want to stay up. That means a strong financial plan together with development of staff and players at the club. My goal or purpose would be to be one of the top six clubs in the country rather than promotion. Promotion would follow naturally once you have tge systems in ppace to avhieve your purpose. It starts with small steps and is a continous learning and development cycle.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:29

We should aspire to more than decent crowds against Falkirk.

Playing well, challenging for the title, will attract bigger attendances overall and once we get back to the premier.

Let’s gub them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:32

Relegating the scum always supersedes the financial loss as far as I'm concerned.
Bout time Pars fans became football fans again instead of just thinking pound signs.
Hope they go down with glorious failure.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:35

Well said, AAPS.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:39

Ask yourself... If the tables were turned (so to speak), do you think the F*****k faithful would want us to stay up?
It's natural to want your rivals to lose isn't it?
They are where they are because they've not done the business on the pitch... It could quite easily have been us.
It's a dog eat dog league.
If we beat that lot today (please please please) then they only have themselves to blame. They get no sympathy from me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:40

Get the 6 finger minks tae F*****k. Would please me like nothing else to see them wallow in the seaside league, especially if they're replaced with the Rovers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 14:47

Get rid. Replacing Falkirk with Arbroath next season should be beneficial for us in terms of finishing higher up the league.
By that, what I mean is Falkirk will improve and are a much bigger club than Arbroath so will be more of a threat in my opinion with a summer transfer window etc behind them.
Yes it may hamper us twice playing at home financially but it should weaken the league overall.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 17:47

.....Not the 11 imposters on the pitch today.

Spineless, no fight, no aggression beaten by the worst Falkirk team I've seen in a while. Game was there for the taking & we gave it away.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:18

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sat 13 Apr 13:22

GG, that’s a poor response. I’m wrong because unlike you I’m not “looking at the bigger picture?”.

You’re not the better person as your tone suggests.

I’d much rather we focus on the “bigger picture” on improving our own team and players/playing style to drive up attendances rather than hoping our rivals get better.

Ross, I'm sorry about the patronising tone of my post. I didn't mean to imply that I'm a better fan than you or anyone else who just wants to see Falkirk relegated. I understand that emotions run high when we meet them and that some of their fans have indulged in really moronic behaviour, especially at the time of Norrie's death and the Dean Shiels episode.

I just find it frustrating when folk make beating our local rivals a higher priority than the club's overall progress. It's an attitude that is prevalent among rival fans of our big city clubs, but if these fans were completely honest, they would admit that seasons without derby games have been less exciting.

I also want to make it clear that I'm as gutted as any other Pars fan that we lost to THEM today. I would far rather they were scrambling to avoid relegation on the last day. I'd still take a Rovers - Falkirk play off final.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:36

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 13 Apr 13:05

Without trawling carefully through the entire thread, a quick glance suggests that the ''ayes'' have it, Mr Speaker, the ''ayes'' have it......

So, I'm in the minority, but I won't lose any sleep over it, because I was looking at the bigger picture. That Falkirk FC are an unlovable club and some of their fans are even worse than that, is not in dispute.

The way I see it, a bigger budget means we can bring in better players next season, giving us a better chance of promotion, but what the hell. eh? Who wants to go up to the Premiership? We'd just get pumped every week, wouldn't we?

Condescending garbage.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:40

From what I saw today Falkirk are no better than they were when they beat us in November before McKinnon overhauled his squad.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:43

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 13 Apr 18:36

Quote:

Condescending garbage.

Condescending perhaps, but wasn't intended that way. Garbage, it is not.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:46

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Apr 18:40

From what I saw today Falkirk are no better than they were when they beat us in November before McKinnon overhauled his squad.

We weren't great, but we were better than them. A missed penalty and hitting the post three times didn't help the cause.

Falkirk could still go down.......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skerla  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 12:31

Quote:

Condescending garbage.”

That’s his speciality.

Hope Falkirk get relegated, then go on a downward spiral and get relegated again. Doubt that will happen but one can hope.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 13:12

"The way I see it, a bigger budget means we can bring in better players next season, giving us a better chance of promotion,"

Not the best way to look at it IMO.

The most surefire way of getting promotion is to spend more than your competitors, it doesn't always work out like that but it tends to hold ground.

While Falkirk being in the division would give us a bigger budget GG it would also give them a bigger budget, in turn that would mean we'd have another team competing for the same players from a similar geographical location. Take Falkirk out the equation, they're now in a lower league with a lower budget, who's more likely to get those players now? Replace them with any of league 1 side and its a plus to us.

Ideally we want Falkirk and Partick to go down, Dundee United and Ross County with Hamilton and St Mirren.

Purely my opinion but having a bigger budget doesn't give us a better chance of promotion if we have more teams with similar/bigger budgets. Did we have more of a chance of promotion with Sevco in league 1 or Cowdenbeath? We would've had a bigger budget with Sevco but it certainly didn't improve our chances.

If Falkirk and Partick get there act together that's two more clubs competing for the promotion playoffs, Partick will have a bigger budget and Falkirk will have a similar budget, we'd have a smaller budget if you replace them with Montrose and Arbroath but who would you feel more confident about finishing ahead? Now at the top of the table we'll be replacing County, a team with a massive budget compared to us with someone. Ideally it would be Hamilton, they'd have a parachute payment which would be offset by there low attendances, ideally we'd then have St Mirren down aswell. I'll put two scenarios for you GG

Arbroath
Dundee Utd
Dundee
Dunfermline
Falkirk
Partick
Raith
Ayr
Inverness
Morton

That would be up there with the worst scenario, you'd have the two Dundee teams with massive budgets, swelled by there derby's, a resurgent Falkirk and Partick, an Arbroath side who would have an inflated average, a Raith side would raise there game against us more than other, a difficult to best Inverness side... You get the drift. We'd have a good sized budget with Raith and Falkirk but we'd be lucky to make the playoffs. Or how about...

Arbroath
Montrose
Alloa
QoTS
Morton
Inverness
Ayr
St Mirren
Hamilton
Dunfermline

We would have a smaller budget yes, but so would everyone else, looking at that table I'd feel confident about finishing in the playoffs, hell if we get our recruitment right there's absolutely no reason to believe we wouldn't be one of the favourites for the title!

Tl;Dr, having a bigger budget doesn't give us the best chance of success all the time.

Post Edited (Mon 15 Apr 13:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 13:30

F*lkirk brought c1300 on Saturday.

Even if they all paid the full adult price (which they definitely won't have) that would be a gross intake of £23,400. So, £40-50k over the two games, before any additional stewarding and policing costs associated with the larger crowd are deducted.

Are you really saying that you'd rather have an extra £40-50k in our annual budget next year than see those horrible b@stards relegated??

What would that get us in real terms? One first team player? two under 21s?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 14:04

Such a simplistic argument that Falkirk in the league means a bigger budget.

If Falkirk stay-up, they will no doubt strengthen, and that could mean that as a result of them staying up we finish in a lower league position. As prize money is based on position this could lose us money.

Similarly, if we had the weakest league possible, we'd hopefully win more games and if we're winning the chances are that crowds will be higher.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 14:13

Also we need a larger police presence at these games so that additional cost should be taken into account when saying we will have a bigger budget available for players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 14:15

Let the board worry about budget and finances that's what they are there for.

We continue to do our part in contributing towards fundraising.

All fans should be wanting is our rivals to suffer and us to win some trophies.

Post Edited (Mon 15 Apr 14:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 15:16

I remember folk saying last season that Falkirk were bound to improve this season - but they didn't. For some reason quite a few Pars' fans see more potential in rival clubs than their own.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 15:40

Totally agree with Grant, weaker teams means easier path(you would think) to at least the Play Offs next season and the Gloating rights to see your Rivals struggle in the Seaside league

Ps, Know a few from other there and they loved us being in Admin, deducted points and Struggling in League 1 for a few seasons so why shouldn't we enjoy a wee bit of gloating back at there expense. Hope they go down, right down
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 16:20

That's quite a compelling and reasoned argument by Grant at 13.12 on this thread. I wasn't trying to suggest that a bigger budget is the only prerequisite to success - obviously, how it is spent is absolutely crucial, but if you don't have it, you can't spend it. Falkirk and Partick have spent a fair bit of money this season but are both in a relegation dogfight.

Grant then goes on to illustrate how having a league with weaker teams on smaller budgets will increase our chances of promotion. Isn't that just another way of saying much the same thing as having a bigger budget than your rivals?

Anyway, only a fool would stick to his guns when the majority of others disagree with his viewpoint, so I'm willing to swap Falkirk for the Rovers, but would be disappointed if they are replaced by East Fife, Forfar or Airdrie, since we'd be looking at two more home games with very little atmosphere.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 16:51

Dose the club pay for the amount of police and vans that seem to appear when we play falkirk. The police in their escort from the station and the amount of police vans separating them from the Pars lads must have cost a pretty penny, who pays for that the club or the tax payers. It didn't even stop a few of them getting a punch off the Pars lads so would expect more police the next time we play them to try and stop that. Get them relegated and it will save the club or the tax payer a bit of money.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 17:38

Was there any problem after the game, I left early and noticed a large amount of police officers walking toward the ground. I assumed that they were only being used as a deterrent.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 18:02

Quote:

Par, Mon 15 Apr 16:51

Dose the club pay for the amount of police and vans that seem to appear when we play falkirk. The police in their escort from the station and the amount of police vans separating them from the Pars lads must have cost a pretty penny, who pays for that the club or the tax payers. It didn't even stop a few of them getting a punch off the Pars lads so would expect more police the next time we play them to try and stop that. Get them relegated and it will save the club or the tax payer a bit of money.

I believe the club foots the police bill, Par. Games are categorised according to the risk of trouble. I think Falkirk is bracketed with games v Celtic and Therangers. In low risk games, the club is allowed to employ more stewards and less police, leading to an overall saving.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 18:26

There was a rowdy mob on the platforms at Dunfermline station, with police boarding the Edinburgh train.

Also loads of police at Haymarket where there was potential for clashes with Hearts fans.

Not sure how police costs after the game and well away from the ground are paid for.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 18:27

Very well put Grant. One of the best posts I've read for a while.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 19:39

Quote:

JTH123, Mon 15 Apr 18:27

Very well put Grant. One of the best posts I've read for a while.

It was certainly one of the longest I've seen in a while, that wasn't a copy and paste job. My poor wee brain was struggling with the effort long before it got to the end. ☹

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end