DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 3 cup finals left
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:04

As the title says. Lose them 3 and we are going down.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 3 cup finals left
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:09

I'd say with a point we are just about safe, but a win in any of those 3 should be just enough to keep us up. Hopefully sooner rather than later, we need to have a clear out and start again...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:24

We won’t be going down this season. All them teams below us won’t pick up all them points
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:24

We have QOS and Morton. They are directly below us. I would say a point does it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:30

morton play ict on Tuesday - how will ict react to their defeat today? if there was a good time to play ICT it is on Tuesday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:34

If ICT have anything about them they'll be even more determined to make the play-offs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:34

We lost to the worse team in the league. That is by everyone at Radio Scotland.

If we can lose to the worst team in the league in a pumped up derby we can lose to anyone.

We are not out the mire yet, and we are playing teams fighting for survival!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:42

Another 3 points lost at home !! and as others have pointed out it was to one of the worst teams in the league that's us collected a mighty 1 point from the last 5 games , so maybe it's us that's the worst team in the league at the moment
why do we resort to a long high ball ? when we are aiming at midgets
I haven't seen the team spirit that Crawford talks about either
I am absolutely gutted tonight and yes we have 3 cup finals left and right now i haven't seen anything that tells me we will win any of these games
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:43

There are five teams below us. They are not all going to pick up 6 points.
No need to panic.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:49

raymie the legend - do the arithmetic it is possible that they do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:50

Not done the numbers but you’ll get long odds on that happening

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:51

There's far more long balls with Crawford in charge than under AJ ,
We were far easier on the eye then just didn't have anyone prepared to shoot
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:52

Possible but highly unlikely combined with us losing all 3.
I wonder what the return would be on a tenner.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:53

We have a history of bottling finals sadly :( Just get this season over please
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 18:53

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 13 Apr 18:43

There are five teams below us. They are not all going to pick up 6 points.
No need to panic.

It was pointed out on another thread that it would take an incredible sequence of results, including us losing every game, for us to go down. It doesn't stop the most anxious and pessimistic of our fans to start a "We're doomed" thread.

Perhaps some folk have not grasped the concept that when the teams in the relegation scrap face each other, one or both will drop points, so we can't just work out the maximum potential points total for all of then.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:06

The media keep saying we are safe in fifth and players are now just showing up but we have the worst record over the last 5 games now with one point picked up. We are in danger of dropping many places and losing valuable income from league position at the end of the season. QOS away? Morton home? ICT away?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:11

Mathematically we can still go down. Anyone who thinks different are being arrogant
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:17

"so we can't just work out the maximum potential points total for all of then"

yes you can, right now we need 4 points to guarantee a minimum of 8th place.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:22

Quote:

1981par, Sat 13 Apr 20:11

Mathematically we can still go down. Anyone who thinks different are being arrogant

Never mind the maths, 1981. Do you think we will go down with 41 points, assuming we lose our last 3 games, which is distinctly possible?

Have you seen some of the fixtures coming up among the bottom 5? Every team below us can't get maximum points from their remaining games. That's not arrogance, it's a mathematical fact.

What Kozma said above your post, is far more pertinent. We need to win one more game to cement 5th place, as that means significantly more prize money. More money hopefully means we can bring in a better player(s) for next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammy_shuffle  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:34

If you take the time to look at all the other teams fixtures you will see it is still perfectly possible for us to end up second bottom if we don't pick up any more points.Highly unlikely I know but still possible. You just need to look back to the season we stayed up in the top tier. Dundee were well clear and blew it.
Anything can happen in this league. Let's not get complacent. I hope the management and players haven't.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:35

they can all finish on or more than 41 points, right now we need 4 points.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:55

Quote:

GJS93, Sat 13 Apr 20:35

they can all finish on or more than 41 points, right now we need 4 points.

For this to happen, the teams at the bottom would have to lose to their relegation rivals but beat the teams in the top half.

e.g. Falkirk lose to Morton, but beat Dundee United and Ross County. Not impossible, but highly improbable, don't you think?

If you think it's a good shout, maybe you should follow the advice of other posters and stick a few bob on it. I reckon you'd be in for a big pay day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:13

I reckon it’s about a 12/1 chance we lose the final 3 fixtures. QOTS will be about 5/4/11-8 ish, Morton about 5/2,11/4 and ICT approx 4/6. The Caley price might have the biggest variance given last game scenarios
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:25

Yes GG Riva. Partick have a game in hand as do Morton. We can still go down quite easily.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:56

Quote:

1981par, Sat 13 Apr 21:25

Yes GG Riva. Partick have a game in hand as do Morton. We can still go down quite easily.

We could....but not easily. Falkirk beating Utd and County will not be easy and Partick taking 6 off Ayr is doubtfull too. QOS will be a 6 pointer playoff settlement. Likely a nervy draw.
Possible but most definitely not easy for them to catch us even if we dont win another game

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 23:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 00:17

The issue is we have now taken the pressure off the top 4. The playoffs are sorted. No pressure there.
These teams will now rest players try new things prior to the play offs with no fear. Ensuring they have their strongest squads fit for the play offs. Our loss today compounded that big time!

So now yes the lower placed clubs fighting for their lives playing clubs resting players, players protecting themselves and managers looking 3 games ahead are there for the taking and they won't care they are safe regardless of these next 3 results!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 00:34

Exactly Renegade. I said on a post yesterday that you would almost rather play the top four than the bottom four in the remaining games as it's likely the promotion play offs and champions are now decided.
Folk looked at Falkirk's run in and thought it was difficult but they have Morton at home who are in freefall and then Ross County and Dundee United who are pretty much guaranteed to finish 1st and 2nd and I wouldn't be surprised if they rest players and the will to win isn't the same as a normal league game. I know it doesn't always work like that but put it this way I wouldn't be surprised if Falkirk finish above us now.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Sun 14 Apr 00:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 00:41

Honestly, we deserve to go down if we bugger up these next 3 games. The AJ/Crawford era is the first time since Kenny that I honestly couldn't give 2 fecks about the Pars.

We had to play 3 centre mids as wingers and a full back today because of AJ's complete meltdown of a summer transfer window. Paying £18 to watch 90mins of punt ball? Get in the sea
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:15

^^^^^ this.

The football yesterday , particularly the first half was as bad as it can get. Both sets of players demonstrated utter contempt towards a game that they earn a comfortable wage from. Shocking.
I’ll not be wasting any more money on that utter utter dross.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Apr 12:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:19

Aye, the football is awful. It's basically our defenders lumping it forward, hoping an opposing defender slips or messes up so that Anderson can get through on goal.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:45

Quote:

renegade master, Sun 14 Apr 00:17

The issue is we have now taken the pressure off the top 4. The playoffs are sorted. No pressure there.
These teams will now rest players try new things prior to the play offs with no fear. Ensuring they have their strongest squads fit for the play offs. Our loss today compounded that big time!

So now yes the lower placed clubs fighting for their lives playing clubs resting players, players protecting themselves and managers looking 3 games ahead are there for the taking and they won't care they are safe regardless of these next 3 results!

Im not so sure about them relaxing yet. Ayr can still get 2nd and Utd can still get 1st or 3rd.
2nd and 3rd is important so no relaxing until thats settled.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 15:32

Quote:

1981par, Sat 13 Apr 21:25

Mathematically, it is possible for us to go down, just like it's possible that you could win the lottery or the 50/50 half-time draw, if you buy a ticket. I wouldn't be making any plans on how to spend the winnings until it actually happened all the same.

Holding your breath, are you? ☺

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 16:08

Just for you, 1981, I've drawn up a worst case scenario. No draws in games involving the bottom 6 clubs and the Pars finish with 3 straight defeats.
( 1 denotes a home win; 2 an away win.)

Morton v ICT - 1
Falkirk v Morton - 1
Partick v Alloa - 1
QOS V Pars - 1
Ayr v Partick - 2
Ross Co. v QOS - 2
Alloa v ICT - 1
United v Falkirk - 2
Pars v Morton - 2
Partick v Ayr - 1
Ayr v Alloa - 2
Falkirk v Ross C - 1
ICT v Pars - 1
Morton v United - 1
QOS v Partick - 1

This hypothetical scenario would see the final table look like this:-

Morton 45
Alloa 44
Falkirk 44
QOS 44
Partick 43
Pars 41

It COULD happen, so pile on.............

ETA. If any teams are daft enough to settle for a draw in any of these games, they're going to struggle to overtake the Pars total as it stands.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Apr 16:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 16:08

Someone get the odds on us losing all 3 games and being directly relegated. Worth a tenner.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: