DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Not One Player...
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 19:59

In this team is irreplaceable.
In the close season normally you await slightly nervously as some of the teams better assets are cherry picked by those with bigger budgets. Last season we lost Clark,Aird,McManus and Morris all as its transpires have been difficult to replace.

This current bunch has no standouts ( perhaps apart from the loanee Anderson) and are all readily replaced by similar types in this league.This summer there will be no anxious waits it’ll merely be who we replace this mediocrity with.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Not One Player...
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:11

That's one consolation, Wsk! I just hope we can find enough players of better quality to replace them rather than more of the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 14:29

Absolutely, the other consolation is, it really shouldn’t be too difficult
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 18:06

Thomson is the best player we have. He’d be a big loss. Genuinely believe the team should be built around him. One of the best players in the league on his day.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cjp1981  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 20:54

Aye it will be a far cry from last season, clicking the refresh button on social media anxiously awaiting a contract renewal anouncement for our better payers, scouring gossip collumns for any news on the 'bigger' clubs snapping them up, praying it would never happen (sadly it did with Clark, Aird, Morris and McManus)

Honestly wouldn't be too upset at losing any of the players whose contracts are up at the end of the season. Never felt so 'meh' about a Pars season. So un inspiring. I take my 9 year old every week, he was so full of enthusiasm and hope when we went to Tannadice for the first game of the season fast forward several months of utter dross and he begged me not to take him to the Falkirk game yesterday as he was so down about it all, I forced him to go "what if we thrash them 3-0 and we weren't there?" i asked him, he changed his mind. Don't think I'll be so forceful for the Morton game, my 9 year old seems to have more sense than his old man.

Sad times :-(
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 21:13

That’s depressing cjp.

Once they scored you knew we didn’t have the quality to get back into it and it would be long aimless punts in the hope the defender would make a mistake.

That’s our tactics this season, punt punt punt until the other side make a mistake. They haven’t in 9 out of 17 home games so far as we haven’t scored.

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: