DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ashcroft
Topic Originator: parsboy10  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:43

Did anyone else notice him screaming at Muirhead and Vincent at full time as they headed straight down the tunnel without acknowledging the fans? Absolute arrogance by the both of them, so fair play to Ashy for making them aware of that.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ashcroft
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 20:50

Shame he had absolutely no fight on the pitch and cost us the game. Easily the most overrated player we have.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:18

Faz the first to head straight to the dressing room, just shows he’s no desire of fight to play for the jersey. They should be paying everyone of the supporters who attended today out of there wages

James Jackson
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:39

If the attacking players had done their job today then Ashy would of had a good game. Apart from their goal, what else did they do?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:19

I don't like Vincent, but he definitely came over to applaud the fans

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:36

Did anyone else notice Ashcroft getting jossled as he was lining himself up for the header that hit the post. Or did just imagine it.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:47

Should have scored
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:37

Quote:

1981par, Sat 13 Apr 22:47

Should have scored

Thought he was unlucky as most other games that would've gone in off the post.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:53

Felt sorry for him after the game. He played pihs but still tried to bring the whole team over and 3/4 of the team blanked him and it was all abandoned. If he’s to stay past this season, take the captains armband off him. It’s proved a hugeness burden on him

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 00:45

Ashcroft was decent at best today, but that lifted him up for me. It can't be easy losing to your nearest rivals and relegation fodder at home, with your fans booing you for almost 70mins and be man enough to go over and applaud them. Fais, Vincent and Muirhead can get themselves to utter feck though
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 00:52

He has had a honking season and wouldn't be fussed if he was on the move to be honest. I think he is got another year though and hopefully he can rediscover his form from the two seasons previous.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:07

“If the attacking players had done their job today then Ashy would of had a good game. Apart from their goal, what else did they do?”

What a ridiculous thing to say. That’s like saying if a keeper lets in 5 it’s the attackers fault for not scoring 6.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 14:38

Hopefully we win next week and make our self's safe, that then would give Crawford a chance to bring in the young lads who will be with us next season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 14:42

Weird that my post was removed, no freedom of speech on this forum?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 14:58

Quote:

Kyle DAFC, Sun 14 Apr 12:07

“If the attacking players had done their job today then Ashy would of had a good game. Apart from their goal, what else did they do?”

What a ridiculous thing to say. That’s like saying if a keeper lets in 5 it’s the attackers fault for not scoring 6.

Anderson had a poor penalty and 10 minutes later he had an easy chance that he put past the post. Put these two away and it would of been a comfortable day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 21:10

I’d like to see the goal again but initial reaction was Ashcroft was wrong side and then Devine was too weak and allowed the scorer to get through him ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 21:50

Several errors raymie. J Longridge wins the header but it goes straight to a Falkirk player, Ashcroft gets caught out on the wrong side of the guy he's marking and doesn't do enough to stop him from getting a flick to his teammate. Then devine makes a pathetic attempt at a tackle and the ball is put past him where the guy has a 1vs1 from a difficult angle, but strikes a strong but low shot which goes past scully (possibly could've saved but it was a well hit shot). 3 bits of defending which get progressively worse. I think the devine one is the worst tbh as he's the last line of defence and his technique was so poor

Post Edited (Sun 14 Apr 21:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 22:20

Well remembered. I did think that Devine was mainly to blame. He’s as poor a centre back as we have had since Alex Keddie

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 22:23

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 14 Apr 22:20

Well remembered. I did think that Devine was mainly to blame. He’s as poor a centre back as we have had since Alex Keddie

Agreed. I really don't know how Durnan isn't getting a look in at the moment ahead of him. What's happened to Lewis Martin as well? Seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 09:12

At least Willianson got no blame for poor defending on Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 11:33

Lol Mach1.

Is Williamson injured? Read on here he had turned down a deal from us, and wondered if he’d been removed from the squad due to this?

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 11:57

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Sun 14 Apr 22:23

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 14 Apr 22:20

Agreed. I really don't know how Durnan isn't getting a look in at the moment ahead of him. What's happened to Lewis Martin as well? Seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Martin not yet back in full training and certainly not fully match fit.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 18:49

I know that Durnan was poor against Raith, but I thought that he was decent until then. Hopefully he will get a chance again.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 18:54

I don't know Berkey, but if he's staying with us he needs to get his mojo working again.

He's not a great defensive fullback, so without his attacking game down the right wing, we are not getting the best from him and sadly, the team has nobody else wide right either.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 23:32

What was Martins injury? Don't think he's played a game all season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: