DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Finding consolation
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:11

I expected a better result today, until we missed the pen. Then I thought "Uh - oh."
What's happened to Anderson - has he just been unlucky the last few games - with the pen today and other chances he's failed to convert ? Ryan Blair doesn't seem such a great set-piece man any more. Are we back to where we were before the "famous five (wins)"? As somebody else posted, are we going to be able to improve the squad, because it doesn't look as if Craw can get much more out of the players we've got.
At last - a wee chink of consolation came to me. If Joe Thomson had been available and Beadling had completed the match, maybe we wouldn't have lost. We don't have strength in depth. With a full-strength team today, I don't think we'd have lost. That's the only consolation I can find today.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 21:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Finding consolation
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:22

Anderson cant do much if all he gets in 90 minutes is long high balls that he has to fight 3 defenders on his own for.
Fais and he should be running at defences with pace, splitting them and scoring much more than they are.
We have no pace and we are not physical enough up front to cope with decent defenders.

cope with

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:29

Anderson should have scored today. Weak and telegraphed penalty

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:31

The tactics are not allowing Anderson and Faissal to do what they are best at. running at defences. The football is dire and surely the management people can see what changes to the tactics are needed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:37

Nailed it Steaua..........

Cant understand it myself, give them the ball deep or play it over the defenders heads so they can run onto it. They can both strip a defence but neither could outjump those CH today.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:44

Anderson has been sussed out by our opponents - and we have no-one else. But, the first goal is crucial and we should have got it. Unfortunately losing the 2 goal lead against Patrick has highlighted out overall weakness against aggressive teams. If we had won and we should the reaction tonight would be different, but it hides out inability to come from behind whilst others can. We have problems but let's survive.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:12

whats happened to Anderson....El Bakhtaoui got fit?

"Cant understand it myself, give them the ball deep or play it over the defenders heads so they can run onto it. They can both strip a defence but neither could outjump those CH today"

which is what they try and do....and sometimes a defender will read it early enough, or it will be under hit etc so the defender will head clear.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:23

Holy f##k gjs93 you spout crap like this all the time.
There is no measure in our attempts to move forward.
It is simply a "lump" forward regardless of pace or height.It is 99% of the time a hoof and hope.
This team is the worst team i have seen and ive watched since 1978/9
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:33

We need someone that can come down the wing and pass the ball to a forward. We don't seem to have signed a decent winger since Joe. Hopefully we can survive in 5th place although it now looks likely we will be overtaken.
On the way home the so-called BBC commentators were pointing out that we were only 6 points of the relegation place. I hope that we can at least make ourselves safe.
Next season we will hopefully be in a position to sign better and more physical players. I would imagine that even Messi would struggle with players that only want to take him out.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:42

Ref: GJS93
Sat 13 Apr 22:12

Is that it GJS93?
You're saying the tactics aren't wrong - we're just not skilful enough to play those balls over the defenders heads (or to play threaded passes) for Bruce and Fais to run onto? Could improve with intensive coaching?
Plus we've got no wingers to turn the defence and get balls into the box? (Need new players for that?)

I imagine there's nothing we think of that would be new to Craw and Co who study the games in detail. The question is, are they going to be able to put such deficiencies right?

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 22:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:36

Regardless of the type of football we played we had more than enough chances to win that game. The best penalty-takers put their laces through the ball. Why give the keeper the chance of saving it by side-footing it? Shearer always struck the ball hard; so does Kane. Drives me mad!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:38

The phrase that keeps coming back to me about today was "error ridden".
Poor passing, infuriatingly few challenges for headers in the middle of the park, Anderson just about getting the better of Edjinguele a couple of times then making the wrong choice and not getting the shot away, Fais doing the odd good thing for every 4 bad things then letting his head go down completely. Then you start thinking about making subs and the heart sinks when you see who you will be relying on to change the game. Why the hell won't Muirhead turn in a performance for us? Did someone disrespect his granny or can he just not be ersed?
Yet for all that we made a lot more chances than recent games but conspired to miss them.
A very frustrating day.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Apr 23:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 01:13

Punt....punt....punt....punt...

I was pulling what hair I have out today. Am I buggery paying an entry fee to get back into EEP to watch that utter crap again this season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 01:18

Sorry but Faissal was poor today. Nothing to do with tactics. He made the wrong decision nearly every time he got the ball. Gutted it's worked how it has for him.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 01:22

That Fais/Anderson bottle job in the 2nd was honestly the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 06:05

Yesterday was grim ,though we made a lot of chances and hit more woodwork than a Canadian lumberjack.

The biggest consolation is that we SEEM to be safe and we all know there is going to be a mass exodus on 31st May.

We have not had a strike force worthy of the name all season and our forward line is Bruce.End of.

It would be great to hear his loan deal can be extended.

SC ,despite his mistakes, can only play the hand he was dealt.He is currently rearranging the chairs on the Titanic,as was AJ before him.

I hope and pray the Board can keep Callum Davidson.

Finally the injury list all season would make Casualty or Holby City seem exaggerated
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jdafc  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 10:30

There was only one consolation for me yesterday and that was nothing to do with the game.
The new Aberdeen bypass makes it much easier to do the 150 plus miles each way from the Broch to watch the Pars.
And to visit family. Thought I'd better add that.
As for the game ... Enough has been said by others on this and many other threads.
For the record, I will be travelling the new bypass again in a fortnight as I really am a glutton for punishment!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 11:41

We don’t play football. It’s an absolute embarrassment that professional footballers hate the game so much that they shell it every single time. That was Sunday league yesterday . Every single ‘player’ should be fined a weeks wages. No excuses whatsoever . We really have went back in to the dark ages in Scotland. If you have young kids and are trying to encourage them to get in to going to games and that standard of ‘football’ is served up then what chance have they got ? An absolute disgrace.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cjp1981  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:03

The only consolation I can find is that I only have to witness that once more before we can put the debacle of a season behind us. I think that’s the angriest I’ve left a Pars game in living memory.

Like most have said a clear out is needed but after whitnessing that game it’s also a question of who oversees that clear out. Crawford was a cheap and an un inspiring choice IMO but like any new manager I will give him a chance. I understand he’s inherited a squad that lacks cohesion, confidence and (based on most of this season) ability but it’s the tactics that Crawford has deployed which has concerned me and means I would rather we looked elsewhere for the re-building job.

Anderson and El Backtoui are never a front partnership in a 4-4-2, if all we are going to do is punt long high balls up to them then at least have a target man to play off (Hippo or Muirhead - albeit both have been poor but would be more suited to our recent ‘style’) if your playing small quick forwards get the ball down and play it in the channels.

Too defensive in the middle of the park, playing 2 defensive midfielders in there constantly??? Again your not going to be able to feed balls in the channels for forwards if you’ve got players who lack the vision and ability (e.g. Vincent)

I felt sorry for young Todd yesterday, he’s one who does like to put his foot on the ball and find a pass but he was stuck out on the right then the left and looked lost. Again a poor call from the management team.

The quality of football has been dire, again the poor squad is mostly to blame but I wouldn’t mind if there was even the intention to play football but we’re lumping it from the first minute, not when chasing a result in the last 5 minutes.

As a season ticket holder I will be awaiting an announcement on the management situation before renewing. I can’t suffer those tactics for a whole season!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:49

Anderson's looking like he could be decent on the future but he needs a bit more composure on his finishing .great movement and positional awareness but at the minute needs 3 or 4 chances to get a goal.
The think he is not be player that would have improved under AJs style of play
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

f=[], target=[], forgotpass=[] ,
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: