DAFC.net
Home 17 June 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Our keepers.
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 21:51

Can't believe some fans still want Robinson over Scully!!!

Wait till next season and see who wants Robinson!
League 1 at best.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Our keepers.
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:04

I like Scully but would love to see Gill finally get a chance. For years we have heard how amazing a future he will have but he never gets a chance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:10

Nothing to play for now stick Cammy in next week

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:12

Quote:

RossF, Sat 13 Apr 22:04

I like Scully but would love to see Gill finally get a chance. For years we have heard how amazing a future he will have but he never gets a chance.

Totally agree, we should have played him in some of the cup games against lower league teams at the start of the season.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:15

based purely on the once or twice i saw him at start of season , i saw nothing at all from gill to suggest he is the answer.Didnt he play the home league cup games?
others on here watch him in reserves so hopefully more balanced views.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:25

Quote:

stevemac, Sat 13 Apr 22:15

based purely on the once or twice i saw him at start of season , i saw nothing at all from gill to suggest he is the answer.Didnt he play the home league cup games?
others on here watch him in reserves so hopefully more balanced views.

Played against Stirling, forgot about that but one game not enough.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:37

Get Scully signed up asap ,before someone snatches him from our grips
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:45

"others on here watch him in reserves so hopefully more balanced views"

hes a decent keeper but he needs to play regular 1st team football, been saying that for a couple of years maybe next year if he is offered/signs a new deal that will happen then.

if/when we are actually safe and have nothing to play for maybe give him a game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1981par  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:46

We are not safe yet!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 22:48

I don’t think Scully has been any better than Robinson, scully’s distribution leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. Slow and predictable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-4-life  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:04

Scully is not the answer, doesn’t command his area, slow off his line, poor distribution.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:13

Pretty sure Gill played last season at somepoint too and looked less than convincing. Definitely not the answer. I would look to replace Scully and have Gill 2nd choice purely on a cost cutting basis
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:25

Quote:

par-4-life, Sat 13 Apr 23:04

Scully is not the answer, doesn’t command his area, slow off his line, poor distribution.

Robinson was quick to come out but usually nowhere near the ball.
Morton? Also lost us the playoff game at tanadice . Utd were lost till Robinson let an easy catch slip right through him and gave them an easy equalizer and confidence to win

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:33

We'll see where Robinson is next season!

Unless Aj is managing a championship club next season he'll be league one at best.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Apr 23:50

Quote:

gordi-b, Sat 13 Apr 22:10

Nothing to play for now stick Cammy in next week

Are you serious? We need 3 points before we try experiments.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 00:09

Robinson was a better keeper in my books than Scully, AJ was also a better manager than Crawford in my books , I honestly couldn't face another season of crawfords negative football , at least AJ gave us some attractive football ..... Crawford offers nothing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 01:03

Scullys distribution gives me the fear.

I'd play Gill the last 3 games to see how he does.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 01:10

There’s no denying Scully couldn’t distribute papers on a paper round but far prefer him to Robinson. I think a lot think Robinson was better solely because Robinson made sure every save he made even if the easiest on the planet was a “camera save” wherein he’s always dramatically dive and do about 6 rolls after it

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 01:10

Gill needs to tell the club to gtf. He's been basically 2nd choice since Paterson broke his leg, hyped as a great up and coming keeper by nearly every manager and yet every one has shafted him. He's hardly even playing in the reserves, utter joke.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 05:47

I have already nailed my colours to the mast and said Lee is a far better and ,certainly ,more entertaining Goalie than Ryan.

Furthermore,I fear Lee has been treated shamefully.At a time when the club was crying out for a striker (and Bruce was yet to appear),SC went out and signed a goalie.Not only was that bewildering ,but now we have a situation where,refreshingly,SC chooses a team based on form and the upcoming opposition.

However,those criteria ,blatantly ,do not apply to the goalkeeping position ,where Ryan has been complicit in so many recent lost goals.

Ryan is a superb shot stopper at close range ,as his breathtaking 47th minute save yesterday confirmed again.

There is more to that position than that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 07:56

Robinson had the chance to be Crawfords keeper.

Are we a full time or part time club?

If our goalkeeper doesn’t want a full time contract then Crawford is right to replace him. How AJ let that happen is bewildering
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:50

“Gill needs to tell the club to gtf. He's been basically 2nd choice since Paterson broke his leg, hyped as a great up and coming keeper by nearly every manager and yet every one has shafted him. He's hardly even playing in the reserves, utter joke.”

Sincerely hope not as Cammy Gill was 11 when Paterson broke his leg

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-4-life  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 14:12

Topic Originator: gegganpar like | nolike
Date: Sat 13 Apr 23:25

Quote:

par-4-life, Sat 13 Apr 23:04

Robinson was quick to come out but usually nowhere near the ball.
Morton? Also lost us the playoff game at tanadice . Utd were lost till Robinson let an easy catch slip right through him and gave them an easy equalizer and confidence to win

I didn’t say Robinson was the answer either. A gk that commands his area and is quick off his line allows the team to play higher up the park allowing less space for the opposition to play in. With the lack of pace in our centre halves this should be a given.

The fact we have 4 gk’s on the books is madness with our limited resources. Wages should be getting spent in other areas to improve the squad
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 01:27

I have no doubt Gills a decent goalie but i’ve watched him a few times and he is still quite a bit away from number 1. Plus I don’t think many fans will have much patience with him when it all falls to bits
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end