DAFC.net
Home 17 July 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Creativity
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 09:11

As much as we can blame the strikers for not scoring, the service to them is awful, we don't have one creative player that doesn't make stuff happen e.g Moffat & Paton with Faiss in our title winning season, Aird, Cardle, Mcmanus helping Clark and each other last season.

We have a lot of decent central midfielders, old fashioned if you want to say, Thomson, Blair, Beadling. Not even including Vincent cos he brings nothing to the team. No spark in the team, no width, no pace.

Major overhaul needed
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Creativity
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 10:23

Width been a massive issue this season. Paton, Cardle, Aird, McMullan in recent years all made a difference

Not to mention the Higgy/Williamson combo on the right.

I recall the Dundee cup game at the start of the season, where Williamson crossed for J Longridge and really expected that style of play to be carried on. The fact it was abandoned after some bad results (which can be expected of a new system with lots of new players) was key to the struggle this season

Going back to 4-4-2 after all the pre-season 3-5-2 prep was something we didn't recover from

We seems to end up with no natural width, and little overlap from the fullbacks (not often anyway) and its stifled us going forward

Our defensive record aint the worst this season, and I think it is down to the lack of creativity, though at the same time, Hippo, Fais, Muirhead and Ryan were all poor even when the service was there.

Our central midfielders (Beadling, Craigen, Blair and Thomson) are good players (Vincent just dire I agree) but I think all too similar with I agree little pace or ability to unlock a defence

Jobby!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 11:14

When has the service been there for the forwards? Now let me think? Yes, 15/16 season was the last time I witnessed any real service when one of our forwards scored 30 goals. The service this season has been non existent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 11:47

Our strikers are having to come deep to get the ball.
There's a sure sign the midfield are creating next to nothing for them.
The left wing seems to be our only source of any creativity.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 11:58

Quote:

steaua, Sun 14 Apr 11:14

When has the service been there for the forwards? Now let me think? Yes, 15/16 season was the last time I witnessed any real service when one of our forwards scored 30 goals. The service this season has been non existent.

He saw plenty of the ball yesterday and made an aarse of it every time. I want him to do well, i really do, but he was poor yesterday.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cjp1981  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:11

No creativity, no width and wasteful in front of goal (when we can actually get anywhere near it)

We need a midfielder who can pick a pass and unlock defences (he’s getting on a bit but Harkins would’ve been a great signing for me) plus some pace and width out wide. We blew teams away at the start of last season counter attacking teams with pace out wide: Cardle, Aird, Higgy etc

The 3-5-2 experiment didn’t work u fortunately as we exposed our real lack of pace at the back but there’s no doubt the recruitment was based around a 3-5-2 but let’s get back to a good old 4-4-2, it seems to be the most successful at this level. Bring some creativity alongside Thompson (or Beadling) in the middle of the park, get pace and trickery our wide and someone (please someone) who can put the ball in the back of the net. Sounds easy doesn’t it??? Lol.

And then there’s the centre half situation.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:18

That team is crying out for someone like Rhys McCabe

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 18:16

This team is crying out for Dean Shiels. Hopkirk would walk in that team anaw. Michael Paton . That’s genuinely how bad it’s got .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 19:12

Any wide players that can cross a ball would be great. We need a fresh slate with an actual PHILOSOPHY. Let's go back to basics; sort out the defensive partnership, get a new natural Right back, get midfielders that are mobile, wide players that can take on players and a striking partnership that compliment each other (not two players the same height and build who have similar attributes). We have a lack of balance throughout the squad and that is causing us problems all over the field. It's a big task we have in the summer but it has to be done
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 19:34

Creativity.
They couldn't spell it, never mind show it on the park.

Most disappointing season for years for entertainment value, teamwork and commitment.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end