DAFC.net
Home 17 June 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Penalty
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 23:24

Noticed there was a bit of a tug of war over the ball yesterday between Anderson and Blair to decide who was taking the penalty. At the time, I thought Blair should take it as he has proved he is the best dead ball taker in the team. We saw this scenario repeatedly under AJ. Surely the manager should decide who the nominated penalty takers are, not just leave it to who shouts loudest on the pitch? Our penalty taking was atrocious under AJ, we even missed 3 in the same game. Surely Crawford is not going to make the same mistake?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Penalty
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 00:31

No tug of war from where I saw it , or on the highlights
Craigen looked like he wanted it .
Certainly Blair wasn't involved.His was one of the most gutless uninterested performances I've seen in a pars jersey .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 01:04

Ryan Blair got the result he wanted.

2014/15 Squealadeal Prediction League Champion

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 09:34

A pity Higgy wasn't on at the time .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 12:08

Quote:

FRED1981, Mon 15 Apr 09:34

A pity Higgy wasn't on at the time .

Aye cos Higgy never misses.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 16:09

Don't get this slagging off Blair. I'm not saying he had a good game but he was far from the worst. At least he has a bit of creative football about him, far more than our other midfielders. For me he should have taken the penalty for the reasons stated above by Cross Par.
If it's because he once played for Falkirk, then so did Higgy, Craigen and Hippo. I thought Hippo did well when he came on by the way and was far more effective than an out of sorts Faiss.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 17:54

The service given to both strikers on Sat was shocking. Punt ball at its very worst, neither of the striker are physical and were always going to lose out with that type of delivery.

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 18:03

Kilsyth...Blair is getting pelters as he shat out of every challenge on Saturday.

He showed a real lack of commitment to the cause and a lack of fight or passion. The game meant zip to him and he couldn’t be eirsed.

If your playing for us, at least try to compete. He also gave the ball away pretty much everytime.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s at Falkirk next season and has already been tapped up given that showing.

Just sitting here drenched in my own positivity! AJ is gone!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 23:00

I saw him pull out of 1 challenge on Sat but every challenge? Total exaggeration. We have a team sadly lacking in quality and skill, yet one of the few players we have that has that is getting pelters from some. He is the first player we have had for years that can take proper set pieces or fire in a decent cross, so he maybe isn't the strongest in the tackle, if he was all things, he wouldn't be playing for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 03:08

I’d honestly say Blair was the worst player on the park on Saturday. Looked very lethargic & constantly gave the ball away. At ayr away he jumped out of two tackles which were both in his favour, & ended up getting hurt by the second one because he hesitated so much. For a lad his size he has the heart of a mouse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 09:12

Vincent and Faz were abysmal . Not even close. Blair was poor but did create our best chances .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 09:15

Faz tried but nothing seemed to work for him. He needs to play beside Moffat to get the breaks.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 09:24

Vincent and Faz both tried but had very poor games - Faz is completely devoid of confidence and everything he tries is going wrong at the moment - Vincent just doesn’t have it.

I agree with a number of other posters regarding Blair - there have been far too many occasions where he pulls out of 50:50 challenges (another Louis Longridge - lots of ability but no bottle).

I was really down after Saturday but there is no doubt that missed chances cloud our thoughts and opinions - if Anderson’s penalty, his chance just after and then the Jackson Longridge chance when he was clean through had all gone in, we’d have hammered them and we’d all have been on the forum raving about the performance - fine margins.

Let’s get a win on Saturday and move on to next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 09:44

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Tue 16 Apr 09:15

Faz tried but nothing seemed to work for him. He needs to play beside Moffat to get the breaks.

Let's get him on the bus to Ayr then ;-)

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 09:59

If you look at the keeper's feet in preparing for the save, he stands on the line with his left foot slightly withdrawn -- signalling that he is going to his left whatever happens.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 10:45

Quote:

CrossPar, Mon 15 Apr 23:00

I saw him pull out of 1 challenge on Sat but every challenge? Total exaggeration. We have a team sadly lacking in quality and skill, yet one of the few players we have that has that is getting pelters from some. He is the first player we have had for years that can take proper set pieces or fire in a decent cross, so he maybe isn't the strongest in the tackle, if he was all things, he wouldn't be playing for us.

Did you notice the amount of times he stood waiting for the ball to come to him, only for a Falkirk player to actually want the ball and get there ahead of him? As mentioned by other posters, he also backed out of a number of tackles & 50/50s. He was a passenger out there and seemed disinterested.

He didn’t show enough desire and made the same mistakes repeatedly, over the 90 minutes. His distribution (including the set pieces you mention) was also shocking on Saturday.

First time I’d say he’s been particularly poor since joining. However, this discussion was about Saturday’s game and criticism of that performance is certainly justified.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 11:55

Never read so much garbage. Some of our fans don't recognise a half decent player. They would rather have a team of headless chickens running about daft with absolutely no quality, of which we have several but unlike other posters I am not prepared to publicly slag them off and prefer to let the management team deal with it. Singling out individual players for criticism/abuse is counter productive but that doesn't seem to matter to many posters who just open their mouths and let their bellies rumble.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PAR57  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 14:15

The Pars are SO easy to play against.....most teams just pressure and stifle our midfield so we cannot generate any chances.....hence all we have left is a big punt up the park to two small players........NOW if we had the likes of Jordan White (Caley)...it could be different or if we had a midfielder with a wee bit of cheekand guile etc etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 15:00

Blair is seen as out set piece expert but plenty of his dead valley deliveries were terrible. If that's his main asset, and he isn't doing an awful lot else then the criticism is deserved IMO.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 15:02

Penalty!!! You could see from the main stand where he was puting it he opened his body up it was so readable he’s a striker put you boot through it bit of power does wonders

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 15:31

The penalty was telegraphed in advance. By the time it was struck the keeper knew where it was going and due to it not being kicked particularly hard he was able to dive and save it. It was like watching Gozie or the Moff.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 18:13

Certainly looked like Blair was going easy on his former employers from where I was sitting.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end