DAFC.net
Home 21 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Supporters' Council Thursday 16 May
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Tue 7 May 09:33

On the Club official website

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Supporters_Council_16th_May&ID=11230

Purvis Suite at 7 pm

Ross McArthur, and sessions from Stevie Crawford and Greg Shields
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Supporters' Council Thursday 16 May
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 7 May 09:44

Do you know if it’s going to be like the last format TRBFC? ie separate tables or the original meeting layout? Just curious.

I couldn’t work out how I could have provided updates when the new format was done.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 7 May 09:44

Will it be all-ticket?!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Tue 7 May 09:48

Not separate tables Buffy. Your updates would be appreciated I'm sure.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 09:50

Cool. Cheers Kaiser x

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 7 May 10:11

Gutted it's not at the weekend.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Tue 7 May 10:40

Might be worth saying that Kaiser Chief and a group of volunteers, including Buffy, put on the Supporters' Council in their own time, and unpaid.

As far as I know, Dunfermline Athletic are the only team in Scotland who hold such regular meetings where the chief executive (unpaid) gives a frank update on our position to the fan base.

One of the reasons for this is to give the facts and counter some of the untrue rumours and innuendos that fly around the internet and social media including here. This is a perfect opportunity to come along listen, meet and question the Board and the football management team. Find out the facts for yourself. Obviously not every Pars fan can make it on any given night, but I hope that as many as possible do come along. The Club needs your support.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Lawyer  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:21

Looking forward to a really good turnout. An excellent opportunity to hear what is on the horizon and the plans for next season. Get it in your diaries.

Paraid
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Wed 8 May 12:03

I agree with The Lawyer. Get yourselves along to hear what SC and GS are planning for the future.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 8 May 14:05

I don't think any member of the Board or the management team will pretend the last season has been anything other than awful. The Board and the Manager have taken what they consider to be the first steps in putting things right, and it's surely up to fans now to turn up to the Supporters' Council and either challenge them or support them. This is an opportunity very few clubs afford their fans.

Obviously not everyone is able to manage along next Thursday (in fact, I'm not even certain I will - just depends on flight times!) but if you can be there then you really ought to be. If you have a view on how DAFC should go in future, please don't leave it to others to speak up.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 8 May 18:10

Unfortunately I will be en route to Manchester otherwise I would have been eager to hear what the Chairman and the Management team have to say in regards to the challenges ahead

This is the opportunity for all of those who pose questions and make assumptions reading the clubs finances and how they are handled to get the information straight from the horses mouth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 19:23

I’ll try to ask questions on behalf of supporters if ye want to post them on the thread I’ll start on the night.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davie moyes the first  
Date:   Wed 8 May 19:37

Hi Buffy,

I can’t be there but would be grateful if you would ask what the difference in players’ salaries were last season versus the previous season.

Many thanks,

DMTF
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 8 May 19:56

I can't be there, but much appreciate the updates Buffy!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 8 May 20:07

Quote:

davie moyes the first, Wed 08 May 19:37

Hi Buffy,

I can’t be there but would be grateful if you would ask what the difference in players’ salaries were last season versus the previous season.

Many thanks,

DMTF

Don’t be silly.....please Buddy don’t even consider asking personal salaries!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 22:10

Who said personal salaries ?

Total spend comparison year on year is what I want to know
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 8 May 22:12

Quote:

davie moyes the first, Wed 08 May 22:10

Who said personal salaries ?

Total spend comparison year on year is what I want to know

The difference in players salaries is what you want to know....quite frankly it’s nothing to do with you
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Tue 14 May 07:53

You will look stupid asking that question on 16 May regardless. We have 5 players signed up so there will be a huge reduction.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Tue 14 May 11:29

Quote:

Benny74, Tue 14 May 07:53

You will look stupid asking that question on 16 May regardless. We have 5 players signed up so there will be a huge reduction.

You look stupid right now mate. He was asking about LAST season, compared to the season before. Nothing to do with the 5 players we have.

Also, the people shooting him down.. he’s entitled to ask what he wants. He’s not asking to know how much Nicky Clark was paid, he’s simply asking if our wage budget was higher or lower. If you’re going to censor the questions then these nights become pointless.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Tue 14 May 11:55

Fair point well made. I read it wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 14 May 12:03

he wants to know Did we pay 1 goal Fais the same as we paid 14 goals vs part time teams Nicky Clark?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 14 May 13:56

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Tue 14 May 12:03

he wants to know Did we pay 1 goal Fais the same as we paid 14 goals vs part time teams Nicky Clark?

Hopefully we were paying Fais on a very low basic wage with generous bonuses for goals scored
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 14:15

I’ll ask your question DavyMoyes dinnae worry 😂

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 14 May 16:19

Buffy I'm in Wales on holiday, I'm looking forward to reading your comments. Thank you in advance. Perhaps you can find out if Callum Davidson will be with us next season.

matt forsyth

Post Edited (Tue 14 May 16:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 18:31

Only if ye mind the postcard and a stick o rock, Matt!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com

Post Edited (Tue 14 May 20:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 14 May 18:50

Question : Is the management going to give youth a chance? I'd like to see us gamble on youth more than we have.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 14 May 18:57

If we could play a team full of products from the youth system and guarantee finishing no worse than 8th, I think the majority would get behind it.

The problem is that it might well end worse than that and financially crippling the club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 18:58

This is the opportunity for all those who are currently disenfranchised with the club to go along and listen about the plan for the coming season

Instead of posting up things that you have heard form “a very good source” which are normally totally false or half truths at best get along and ask the questions directly and hear straight answers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 14 May 19:43

Buffy, first name is John. My middle name is Matthew. I often wondered why they didn't add Mark and Luke! PS dad was John and step Grandfather Matthew.

matt forsyth

Post Edited (Tue 14 May 20:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 20:05

Ah, I was confused by yer signature- it’s easily done 😂

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 21:31

Thank you in advance Buffy.
Hopefully no-one will shout you down because it’s none of your business 😄😄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 16 May 07:08

I will raise the short sighted issue of Walk Up prices for those aged 60-64 increasing from £12 to £20.

In the Pars catchment area 8% of the population live in areas of multiple deprivation.(Audit Scotland states that 13% of the local population live below the breadline.)

20% of the Catchment population are aged over 60.

There are Foodbanks in Dunfermline,Rosyth,Inverkeithing,Cowdenbeath and Lochgelly.

Source MISD.

My friends have said that,if this is not changed,they will only come to big games like Dundee.Fans who are not well off cannot afford a Season ticket.After a wretched season, and with an inexperienced Manager having to rake around the bargain basement,this has not been thought through.

Post Edited (Thu 16 May 07:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 16 May 07:49

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 16 May 07:08

I will raise the short sighted issue of Walk Up prices for those aged 60-64 increasing from £12 to £20.

In the Pars catchment area 8% of the population live in areas of multiple deprivation.(Audit Scotland states that 13% of the local population live below the breadline.)

20% of the Catchment population are aged over 60.

There are Foodbanks in Dunfermline,Rosyth,Inverkeithing,Cowdenbeath and Lochgelly.

Source MISD.

My friends have said that,if this is not changed,they will only come to big games like Dundee.Fans who are not well off cannot afford a Season ticket.After a wretched season, and with an inexperienced Manager having to rake around the bargain basement,this has not been thought through.

I wonder if it might be possible for less well off fans to set up a direct debit/standing order and pay their season ticket up in monthly instalments, spread out over the course of the season. I understand the club would prefer the money up front, but perhaps if any fans in this category could make a case for it, the club would oblige.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 07:57

I believe Fans aged 60-64 should pay £14.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 16 May 08:13

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 16 May 07:57

I believe Fans aged 60-64 should pay £14.

A concessionary ST is advertised on COWS at £165. That works out at about £9 a game for 18 league games. Even if the club took £200 for paying up in instalments, that would still work out at less than your aspirational walk up price.

Definitely worth pursuing, no?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Thu 16 May 08:18

GG Riva wrote:

>
Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 16 May 07:57
>
> I believe Fans aged 60-64 should pay £14.

>
> A concessionary ST is advertised on COWS at £165. That works
> out at about £9 a game for 18 league games. Even if the club
> took £200 for paying up in instalments, that would still work
> out at less than your aspirational walk up price.
>
> Definitely worth pursuing, no?
>
>

It's actually £195 for a 60-64 season ticket but that still only works out at £10.83 a game. How much cheaper than that can you get? You'd only have to go to 10/18 home games to make buying that season ticket worthwhile.

Why should a fan aged 60-64 pay £14 when 22-59 year olds pay £20? I think the fact that older concession tickets were such good value in the first place makes the price increase seem excessive but surely you cannot complain at paying a tenner a league game!?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 08:38

I would be interested to know what if anything the SPFL is doing to halt the decline in Scottish football. What lobbying the lower league clubs may be doing to bring about changes in the league structure to boost supporter numbers and club finances.All lower league clubs appear to be struggling.

What is the club doing to try and increase supporter nunbers. Dunfermline and the surrounding area has increased significantly in population numbers over the years, yet crowd numbers have not increased.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:01

"I wonder if it might be possible for less well off fans to set up a direct debit/standing order and pay their season ticket up in monthly instalments, spread out over the course of the season. I understand the club would prefer the money up front, but perhaps if any fans in this category could make a case for it, the club would oblige."

was this not ruled out before because classed as offering credit and thus FSA rules and regs come into play?

might be wrong
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:14

Indiapar: The Scottish Championship gets 11% of the Broadcasting income while the Premiership takes 83%.

This means that the highly popular Friday evening "Championship Sportscene" on BBC Scotland brings in the same 11%.Though the top tier is not involved.

50% of the income from Raith Rovers v QOS Championship Play Off yesterday evening was paid into the Football Authorities' coffers.

I think we all know why nothing ever changes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:28

parsmad123: Please Google social deprivation and multiple deprivation or Foodbanks in the West Fife area.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:45

Sliema Par, please remember what Ross said about how much the club receives on tickets once VAT and matchday costs are deducted. It works out at something like 7-9 quid. Now if they were to apply your proposed charge, the club would receive perhaps a fiver.

I see where you are coming from, but I can't see how 61-64-year-olds should have any more advantages than say 16-19-year-olds. I don't see any justification for it. Pensioners become pensioners at 65.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 11:42

Although I am only 57 I intend to be working until I reach 65 (at present)

Why should I be entitled to a reduced price season ticket when I reach 60 if I am still working? I don’t see the logic in the argument
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 12:22

It is because an increase from £12 to £20 is excessive and will hammer the Gate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 12:27

It will if people want to start a crusade about it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 16 May 12:29

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 16 May 12:22

It is because an increase from £12 to £20 is excessive and will hammer the Gate.

So there’s no actual financial reason for your complaint? Just the fact that you fall into that category and don’t like people that do not fall into the ‘pensioner’ age bracket in 2019 not getting ‘pensioner’ discount? Statistically, 60-64 year olds fall into the wealthiest age bracket in the country and the club have realised that it is outdated to treat them as pensioners.

However, they are still offering a reduced season ticket and the option to pay in instalments (albeit at a high interest rate), so that fans that are already in this age bracket still have an option to get reduced prices and aren’t hit by this change all at once. No?

Edit to add - people aged 60-64 that are unemployed are surely still entitled to concession walk up prices “Concessions are: Over 65s, Under 18s, Full Time Students, Disabled and Unemployed.” Therefore, you are genuinely arguing for people in employment to get discount as if they’re a pensioner.

Post Edited (Thu 16 May 12:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 12:29

1970par wrote:

> Although I am only 57 I intend to be working until I reach 65
> (at present)
>
> Why should I be entitled to a reduced price season ticket when
> I reach 60 if I am still working? I don’t see the logic in
> the argument

Exactly what I'm trying to say to Sliema Par!

Sliema Par wrote:

> parsmad123: Please Google social deprivation and multiple deprivation or > Foodbanks in the West Fife area.

What has this got to do with people aged only 60-64 exactly? I'll say it again...£10.83 every second Saturday afternoon is extremely good value or do you disagree? If you do, then what do you think a fair price would be?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Thu 16 May 12:30

It could increase the gate, you never know.

I'm in agreement that 60-64 year olds shouldn't be paying less than the rest of us.

Fair enough for 65 and over.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 13:57

par-91 :I have said before I am not in the 60-64 age bracket and I will renew my Season Ticket.

This is not about self interest.

My concern is we must arrest the haemorrhaging of our Support.

parsmad123: Our support does not come from Cramond,Corstorphine and Morningside.It comes from an area with pockets of social deprivation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 13:59

Sliema Par wrote:

> par-91 :I have said before I am not in the 60-64 age bracket
> and I will renew my Season Ticket.
>
> This is not about self interest.
>
> My concern is we must arrest the haemorrhaging of our Support.
>
> parsmad123: Our support does not come from
> Cramond,Corstorphine and Morningside.It comes from an area with
> pockets of social deprivation.

You talk some utter drivel and didn’t even answer the question so I think we’ll just leave it at that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 16 May 14:30

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 16 May 13:57

par-91 :I have said before I am not in the 60-64 age bracket and I will renew my Season Ticket.

This is not about self interest.

My concern is we must arrest the haemorrhaging of our Support.

Ok, let me ask my question in a more simple way - why should someone in the wealthiest age bracket in the UK (aged 60-64) that is in employment, receive any discount on an adult ticket?

If they’re unemployed, they still pay the concession walk up prices. If they’re in employment, they will most likely have a significantly better financial position than those around/under 30, just getting into the property ladder, potentially with young families and yet to reach the peak of their career path. These people are asked to pay full price, why do you believe that it is fair for those in a better position to receive a discount?

You’re not doing yourself any favours by constantly going on about this and refusing to answer simple questions like this. It certainly seems like you’re just finding something to moan about and can’t seem to justify it.

Post Edited (Thu 16 May 14:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 16 May 14:46

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Tue 14 May 11:29

Quote:

Benny74, Tue 14 May 07:53

You look stupid right now mate. He was asking about LAST season, compared to the season before. Nothing to do with the 5 players we have.

Also, the people shooting him down.. he’s entitled to ask what he wants. He’s not asking to know how much Nicky Clark was paid, he’s simply asking if our wage budget was higher or lower. If you’re going to censor the questions then these nights become pointless.

I think he made that quite clear too. Perfectly reasonable question. Why doubt his intent when he adequately explained what he meant.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 17:59

Silema par;- by constantly going on about the 60-64 thing you are now sounding like you have a big chip on your shoulder and are starting a campaign which in itself will cause the club to lose money

You’ve raised your point and it must have been noted

Once you have had your issue answered tonight give it a rest, it’s starting to grate a bit
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:12

"I wonder if it might be possible for less well off fans to set up a direct debit/standing order and pay their season ticket up in monthly instalments, spread out over the course of the season. I understand the club would prefer the money up front, but perhaps if any fans in this category could make a case for it, the club would oblige."

There is the facility to pay it up (it was mentioned on here previously), through a credit union. The interest rates are high, but for a supporter in the 60-64 bracket who would benefit from a concessionary season ticket rather than paying the full walk up price it would be a better bet surely?

"This means that the highly popular Friday evening "Championship Sportscene" on BBC Scotland brings in the same 11%.Though the top tier is not involved"

What do you mean by "highly popular"? Do you have viewing figures? The BBC Scotland deal won't be contributing anything like 11% of the total TV money either - SKY and BT pay £17.5 million per season in the current contract and SKY will be paying around £26 million when the new contract kicks in. The BBC pays £300,000 a year for the Championship live games. I make that less than 2% of the current TV deal and even less of the future deal. The fact Championship clubs get 11% is actually decent especially when the old deal gave even less and almost nothing to the teams in League One and Two.

"50% of the income from Raith Rovers v QOS Championship Play Off yesterday evening was paid into the Football Authorities' coffers."

No, it didn't. That's for the Premiership play-off only and is to pay for the parachute payments to relegated teams. The home team keeps all gate money in the Championship and League One play off matches.

Post Edited (Thu 16 May 18:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:18

"Silema par;- by constantly going on about the 60-64 thing you are now sounding like you have a big chip on your shoulder and are starting a campaign which in itself will cause the club to lose money

You’ve raised your point and it must have been noted

Once you have had your issue answered tonight give it a rest, it’s starting to grate a bit"

saves him moaning about his beloved Lee robinson being dropped and not having a minute by minute update on why and what he has done since his last first team appearance.... PEOPLE HUVTAE KNOW!!!!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:24

Well said mate
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:33

Will we have another team captain next season?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: