DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Season Tickets
Topic Originator: I-Know-The-Script  
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:01

Any idea when season tickets will be on sale?

Most of the other clubs have had them on sale for weeks.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Season Tickets
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:02

What even the ones that didn’t know what league they were in ?

Post Edited (Tue 07 May 19:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jas  
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:23

Quote:

I-Know-The-Script, Tue 7 May 19:01

Any idea when season tickets will be on sale?

Most of the other clubs have had them on sale for weeks.

I'm sure I read it is this Friday
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:26

Friday 10th May.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:51

Another meltdown incoming. Joy

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 12:24

Yes including teams who didn't know what league they were going to be in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 8 May 12:48

Most Aberdeen fans were raging at getting season renewal in before they knew if they were in Europe or if Shinnie was staying

Post Edited (Wed 08 May 12:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 8 May 12:53

And Dundee fans were fuming that they were paying the same price as this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 8 May 12:55

Atleast Dundee fans know how much their season tickets are
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Thu 9 May 08:42

Are we automatically emailed a link to re new our current seats? Or do we need to call into the shop.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Thu 9 May 10:39

Prices are up.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Season_Tickets_2019/20&ID=11231

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Thu 9 May 11:54

Jeez. Do folk just like to moan for the sake of moaning.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC2015  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:00

Quote:

M-PAR, Thu 9 May 10:39

Prices are up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:08

Quote:

JnrB, Thu 09 May 11:54

Jeez. Do folk just like to moan for the sake of moaning.

I wasn’t moaning about the prices going up, I meant that they are up on cows available to look at.

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:13

What were they last year? Seems a big jump in price
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:14

That looks like a big jump. Doubt we will get anywhere near the 3k mark this time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:16

£275 early bird for standard adult?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:18

That's only as part of a family package, £295 for adult.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:19

Sorry that wasn't very clear, I think that was last season's price for a standard adult.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:23

£260 was the early bird price last season (Norrie/north West).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:35

Wasn’t aimed at you m par
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:02

Adult with 2 under 12s last year was £240, this year £311 which is pretty much a 30% increase, I can see that resulting in a lot of tickets not getting renewed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars_andy  
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:22

That’s a huge increase in pricing which, as the board pointed out, is a tough sell based on the season we’ve just had alongside a statement which does it’s best to significantly temper fan expectations.

All I’ll say is that I sincerely hope that the board are budgeting for a relatively significant drop in sales.

==================================
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:30

Jeez, that adult and 2 kids cost. Cant justify that. 3 tickets down on last year (unless someone can explain the family package. Nae details on what that means)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:41

Last year the early bird adult was £240 now £275, U12 was free now £18 so a adult plus 2 U12 kids deal has a 30% increase on last years price.
Not the best idea when the club is crying out for new young kids to come along, these aren’t just future fans but also current consumers of food/drinks and merchandise.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:50

Not only that, but I've been here before during the Yorkston era. I only make half the games so will now pay at the gate. But, handing over £32 to watch us play Alloa and probably lose? It wont happen no matter how well intentioned I am.

I understand they want to sort the abuse of U12 tickets out, but you dont do it by punishing the genuine users. I dont mind paying something, but the overall increase for my family is not something I can take at this time of year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:50

The club made a loss last year. If increased ticket prices address that then so be it. Don't feel as though the board are trying to scam anyone, they've been honest and upfront about the finances. My gripe is with the fixture uncertainty created by the friday night TV games and the rescheduling of games due to the loss-making Diddy Cup. Can't get to midweek games so questioning the viability of renewing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:53

Quote:

1985Par, Thu 9 May 13:50

The club made a loss last year. If increased ticket prices address that then so be it. Don't feel as though the board are trying to scam anyone, they've been honest and upfront about the finances. My gripe is with the fixture uncertainty created by the friday night TV games and the rescheduling of games due to the loss-making Diddy Cup. Can't get to midweek games so questioning the viability of renewing.

The price increase won't resolve the financial issues, it will cost them more as less people will go
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:53

u12s now have to pay £1 per game? That's not unreasonable by any standards.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 14:00

It's not unreasonable in isolation, but that's not the reality. U12s dont go by themselves. Just thought my son turns 12 in September so it will be £40 pay at the gate for me and my 2 kids, when I was expecting to pay about £260 for all 18 games.

I get they are skint but to punish folk that pay for more than 1 season ticket is just utter stupidity.

After watching a season of the board papping money up the wall left, right and centre I'm now expected to pay an amount I cant justify or afford. But hey, they are fans too.

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 14:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Thu 9 May 14:00

Is the £18 per U12 not a one-off? If so can't really add it into the % increase, alternatively next season should look like a price drop.

For me it's the equivalent of £9 for one kid and £3.60 for the other. Everyone's situation will be different, of course, and that doesn't help much if you don't have the money now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 9 May 16:24

Here’s a novel idea. Put human beings in the turnstiles and they can challenge anyone who looks over 12 trying to get in with an under 12 season ticket. Students would have to show a matric card and pensioners prove their entitlement. This would eliminate the glitches in the electronic system which is rubbish and save us having to pay a steward standing at each turnstile to show folk how to scan their tickets.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 16:32

Quote:

dd23, Thu 9 May 16:24

Here’s a novel idea. Put human beings in the turnstiles and they can challenge anyone who looks over 12 trying to get in with an under 12 season ticket. Students would have to show a matric card and pensioners prove their entitlement. This would eliminate the glitches in the electronic system which is rubbish and save us having to pay a steward standing at each turnstile to show folk how to scan their tickets.

They could also tear off the stub when they go in. That would save them having to open the gate to let the second person using the ticket claiming there's a glitch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 9 May 17:15

"Students would have to show a matric card and pensioners prove their entitlement."

Would you expect a senior citizen to prove their entitlement each and every time they approach a turnstyle ?

Produce a birth certificate, which has no photographic ID ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Thu 9 May 17:40

This discussion about 'age cheats' is quite concerning. Do we have clear evidence that this is happening and if so, what is the scale of the problem in pounds and pence?

Surely, if the problem exists, it is not unique to our club.

I still feel it would be better to have kept it in house, rather than be 'exposed' in a public statement from our Chairman.
Transparency is one thing, but naive honesty is unnecessary and shows us up in a bad light imo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 17:46

"This discussion about 'age cheats' is quite concerning. Do we have clear evidence that this is happening and if so, what is the scale of the problem in pounds and pence?"

Just thing aloud - free U-12 STs being given to an over age individual and used to gain entry ?

Concession STs (over 60s) being used by somebody's mate who might appear to be a senior citizen ?

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 17:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par excellence  
Date:   Thu 9 May 18:20

Last year when I was 66 I paid £165 for an early bird senior concession for the South Stand. This year when I’m 67 I’m being asked to pay £215 early bird for the very same seat. That’s more than a 30% increase yoy! Wow!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Thu 9 May 18:47

Quote:

Par excellence, Thu 9 May 18:20

Last year when I was 66 I paid £165 for an early bird senior concession for the South Stand. This year when I’m 67 I’m being asked to pay £215 early bird for the very same seat. That’s more than a 30% increase yoy! Wow!

Would you have paid £180 2 years ago and then £200 last year ??

Not having a go, just wondering if prices had increased every year, would it have felt as bad as it is now?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 9 May 18:57

Prices will certainly put a lot of people off.

You can get a West Ham season ticket for £320.

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 19:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:03

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Thu 9 May 18:47

Quote:

Not having a go, just wondering if prices had increased every year, would it have felt as bad as it is now?

Is it not £195 for early bird ?
That's true about the perception if there had been increases each year. This is the first increase since we came up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:04

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Thu 9 May 19:03

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Thu 9 May 18:47

Quote:

Is it not £195 for early bird ?
That's true about the perception if there had been increases each year. This is the first increase since we came up.

Yes...but at a time where the product on offer could be at its poorest.

Board were always going to struggle to get the pricing right.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:06

I understand what you're saying vee, but if it is happening, how big an issue is it?

I'll be perfectly honest, my granddaughter had a free season for last year. She is 8 and never used it once.

I would rather her 12 year old neighbour's lad was given it to have at least made use of it and put another bum on the seat. He would not have been able to afford an under 18 ticket.

Mind you I wouldn't have inflicted last season on anybody lol.

Hopefully, honesty will prevail next season and we'll save a few hundred quid and not have the embarrassment of broadcasting in a club statement that we are a wee bit minky.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:13

Quote:

Par excellence, Thu 09 May 18:20

Early bird for senior citizens in the main stand has been £180 for the last 2 years, there’s been a £35 increase across the board. Was £160 early bird for all other areas, including SW wing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:52

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 09 May 17:15

"Students would have to show a matric card and pensioners prove their entitlement."

Would you expect a senior citizen to prove their entitlement each and every time they approach a turnstyle ?

Not if they looked to be of age. Similarly with someone who clearly looks under twelve. It needn’t be too difficult.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:10

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 21:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:19

I’m sure mine was £290 last year and now it’s £325. It’s definitely a big hike.

Hard pill to swallow after so many mistakes made by the board. I feel there is another mistake on going but I’m sure that’ll come out half way through next season.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:25

Quote:

mach1, Thu 9 May 17:40

This discussion about 'age cheats' is quite concerning. Do we have clear evidence that this is happening and if so, what is the scale of the problem in pounds and pence?

Surely, if the problem exists, it is not unique to our club.

I still feel it would be better to have kept it in house, rather than be 'exposed' in a public statement from our Chairman.
Transparency is one thing, but naive honesty is unnecessary and shows us up in a bad light imo.

The Chairman is not speculating about the "age cheats " mach1. I do not know the scale of it, but I believe it is significant enough to cause the club concern, especially in a season in which we have gone into the red for the first time since we came out of Administration.

Genuine question. Do you think the Chairman should be embarrassed for speaking out about the fraud, or should it be those who are defrauding the Pars?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:36

Could have done more by monitoring the ticket as it was used. It comes up with under 12 when it's used. Security standing there anyway. It is not like it's a new thing.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 20:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:47

A quick glance at ticket prices last year would seem to indicate that we were cheaper than Dundee United, Falkirk, Partick and Inverness, broadly in line with Morton, Ross County and Queen of the South, and more expensive than Alloa and Ayr.

The increases for next season bring us largely in line with what Falkirk, Inverness and Partick were charging this year (they may or may not announce price increases), and will still remain behind Dundee United (and indeed Dundee).

Some ticket sites for reference (and an interesting Dundee newspaper article).

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/paying-the-price-for-supporting-team/

https://ictfc.com/prices

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2018/07/29/tickets-on-sale-for-season-opener/

https://gmfc.net/gate-prices/

https://ptfc.co.uk/tickets-matchday/first-time-home-fan/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:52

I'm not suggesting the Chairman should be embarassed.

What I am saying is that it would be more tactful to have kept it in house and dealt with it more subtly, but I don't think Ross does subtle.

I would love for this fan based club to allow me or others to let a homeless or otherwise financially disadvantaged person to use my concession season ticket anytime I could not utilise it, regardless of their age.

The club obviously thinks otherwise.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:04

I know it’s not permitted but I see nothing wrong with someone benefitting from a season ticket if the holder can’t make the game for some reason. A seat has been paid for after all. The club could even be forward thinking and allow there to be multiple holders of one ticket. It might promote sales amongst those that can’t get along to every game. Otherwise people will choose to pay the walk up prices and probably just won’t bother if we’re doing badly.

I genuinely think the board have got this wrong. The board are largely made up of extremely passionate pars fans who are also fairly wealthy. They’re trying to sell to a fan base many of whom are less wealthy and some of who. Are less passionate. And they’re hoping people will not only pay hugely inflated season ticket prices, but will also chuck what’s left of their income at the lifeline fund.

It’s maybe better that they look at more cuts to the playing squad. Their current model appears unsustainable.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:30

Quote:

mach1, Thu 9 May 20:52

I'm not suggesting the Chairman should be embarassed.

What I am saying is that it would be more tactful to have kept it in house and dealt with it more subtly, but I don't think Ross does subtle.

I would love for this fan based club to allow me or others to let a homeless or otherwise financially disadvantaged person to use my concession season ticket anytime I could not utilise it, regardless of their age.

The club obviously thinks otherwise.

Apologies mach1, I obviously misunderstood your intentions in your previous post.

Not sure how the club could deal with the problem more tactfully or subtly. The wrong way to go about it would be to have any fan abusing the system arrested and charged, imo, as that would alienate them for good. Better to educate than punish, which I think is what Ross is trying to do, by putting it in the public domain.

He's pointed out that the Pars have operated at a loss this season, because mistakes have been made and results and performances haven't been good enough. Our cause hasn't been helped by fans who have defrauded the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:34

Quote:

dd23, Thu 9 May 19:52

Not if they looked to be of age. Similarly with someone who clearly looks under twelve. It needn’t be too difficult.

How would you expect someone aged 12 to prove their age when challenging them at the turnstile?

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 21:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:36

Quote:

pars_andy, Thu 9 May 21:04

I know it’s not permitted but I see nothing wrong with someone benefitting from a season ticket if the holder can’t make the game for some reason. A seat has been paid for after all. The club could even be forward thinking and allow there to be multiple holders of one ticket. It might promote sales amongst those that can’t get along to every game. Otherwise people will choose to pay the walk up prices and probably just won’t bother if we’re doing badly.

Are you sure it's not permitted, Andy? I know that members of the Rennie who can't make a game, often give tneir passes to friends. Maybe it's different for ordinary STs but I don't see how the club could possibly police any lending of STs and I don't see anything wrong with letting someone else have your ST for a game you can't make, provided he/she cones into the same categoryas you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:48

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 21:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:59

After what I heard from Ross And Stevie Crawford tonight I will be eager to snap up my season tickets for the coming season and to see if their vision for the club can become a reality

Already looking forward to the new season
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 22:00

I've read the price list now and there's something else which is a bit ambiguous. It says Current Season Ticket Holders remember – you have until 30th June 2019 to reserve your seat and secure the Early Bird price.

In Key Dates and elsewhere it says early birds end on 1st June. I think that is what they mean and that the 30th June is only for reserving your seat, ie
- up to 1/6 early bird and keep seat (if wanted)
- 2/6 to 30/6 normal price and keep seat (if wanted)
- 1/7 onwards normal price and only keep seat if available

Current season ticket holders will turn up in June expecting to get the early bird price. They'll either be disappointed or the club will lose out. Best to sort it out as soon as possible.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 22:05

Previously a point was being made about allowing a non ST holder to use someone's ST if the holder could not attend, saying that such an action deprived the club of one walk up ticket purchase.

So what I am reading in your post GG is that would be acceptable so long as the borrower falls into the same age category as the owner.

So e.g. I could give my ticket to another concession aged person who could well afford to buy their own match ticket, but I could not give it to my hard up neighbour, or a homeless person, or a young unemployed person if they were over 18, but under 60.

It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 9 May 22:55

Well those prices mean I won't be renewing. Disappointed but after the season we've had, I'll wait and see how we start the season before committing to going every week!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 06:26

Quote:

mach1, Thu 9 May 22:05

Previously a point was being made about allowing a non ST holder to use someone's ST if the holder could not attend, saying that such an action deprived the club of one walk up ticket purchase.

So what I am reading in your post GG is that would be acceptable so long as the borrower falls into the same age category as the owner.

So e.g. I could give my ticket to another concession aged person who could well afford to buy their own match ticket, but I could not give it to my hard up neighbour, or a homeless person, or a young unemployed person if they were over 18, but under 60.

It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I should stress that my previous post is my own personal take on the ST situation, based on when I used to steward the Rennie under the previous Board. Members regularly gave their passes to friends when they couldn't attend and I was told that this was OK, as long as each person had a valid pass for the Rennie. This practice may have been discontinued now, I'm not aware.

The example you quote is an extreme one - even if you were a wealthy concession, why would you want to pay full price for your ST to watch some of the poor performances we have endured this past season? If you wanted to help the club, you'd perhaps join the CD Lifeline - at least you'd have the chance of picking up a cash prize. Similarly, if you were a homeless person, going to watch the Pars might not be a high priority. Your needs might be better served if someone gave you some food, or shelter for the night.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 06:40

“Well those prices mean I won't be renewing. Disappointed but after the season we've had, I'll wait and see how we start the season before committing to going every week!”

This is the biggest worry for me. Even after the home game with Morton I heard a fan saying he wouldn’t be back with Crawford still in charge.

It’s hard to see where we go from here. Asking people to pay a lot more is fine but it usually ends in a title challenge or a bit of success on the park. You don’t hike ticket prices up after you’ve made countless mistakes and the standard of football has been horrific.

I’m sure I read someone saying on here “we’re in a vicious circle”. That’s pretty much correct. I think something will have to change at the club for it to progress. If not we could certainly go the other way.

You like black and white
Run run away

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 06:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 10 May 06:49

I think too many people miss the point here....the clubs not offering inflated ticket prices, only bringing things in line (and less still) than other clubs operating at our level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 10 May 06:59

1970par: your post is tantalising though ,presumably ,confidential so you cannot share the vision with us.

Since the grim statement emerged there are two comments I am hearing over and over again.

1) I will delay buying my Season till I see how early results pan out.

2) I am not going to pay £20 Walk Up when last season was £12 ,except for a box office game eg Dundee.

I wonder if admission prices should be tiered eg Grade A for Dundee Grade C for Arbroath?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 10 May 07:12

I have heard the managers and chairman’s view for the future, I am now fully convinced that the future is bright and we have the right people at the helm of the club and in the Managers chair

We. Will be playing with young hungry players who will be eager to wear the shirt and to play for their teammates

To those who are not looking to renew their season tickets, please go along to the supporters council meeting next week to hear the plan for yourselves, I’m sure you will believe that we can move forward with an exciting vision for our club
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 07:59

“We. Will be playing with young hungry players who will be eager to wear the shirt and to play for their teammates“

Well that’s the dream. Maybe Crawford will unearth a ton of yet unproven quality but that’s a massive ask. The reality behind that statement is that the board are admitting they’re skint and will need to have a vastly reduced playing budget for the year ahead.

If I was Stevie, I’d maybe be giving Robbie Neilson’s door a wee chap because, when you combine a hugely reduced budget, the need to bring in so many players and the ridiculous sense of entitlement our fans have, it’s not rocket science to see how this ends.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:02

“Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74 like | nolike Like: 1
Date: Fri 10 May 06:49

I think too many people miss the point here....the clubs not offering inflated ticket prices, only bringing things in line (and less still) than other clubs operating at our level.”

I think people are suggesting that they’ve increased by so much more than the rate of inflation when compared to last year. And you’ll not find many pars fans who felt that they got ‘value for money’ at last year’s prices. I’m not sure people make comparisons with the fans of other clubs when deciding whether or not to go to the games. They make comparisons against other things they can spend their money on. And they also have a tipping point with regards to value.

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 08:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:12

Whilst I appreciate everyone has different levels of income and the poor quality of football and results in the season just past, it’s counter productive to state that you’re not going to buy your season ticket.

The two main reasons would appear to be
A) Crawford is still in charge
B) The price increases on last year

SC hasn’t exactly blown us all away with his stint in charge but we all want Dunfermline Athletic to be as successful as possible and the only way that can happen is by continuing to back the club with buying your season tickets. The more finances we have, the stronger a squad we can build. This is by no means a guarantee of a successful season under SC but if, as a fan base, we can take a positive approach then it gives us the best chance possible to gain a competitive edge over clubs of a similar standing.

I’m also quite sure if the price increases had been staggered over the past couple of seasons then there would be less of a deal being made about them. As for those complaining about under 12’s now having to pay an extra £1 per game then I find it hard to believe you can complain about what is still a ridiculously good deal.

At the end of the day you can’t force people to buy season tickets but the difference about spending your disposable income on a season ticket for the pars instead of going to the cinema with the family, or the zoo or whatever you may do instead of going along to EEP is that you have a deep emotional attachment to the club and if the majority take the approach of “I’m not buying a season ticket because...” then quite frankly we’re not going to have a club to support.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:21

Worth noting that there have been no ticket increases since the Club entered the championship in 2016. My season ticket standard price has gone from £290 to £325 - 12%. However that is over four seasons -- so the percentage increase over this period does not far outstrip RPI.

I do take Pars Andy point though -- perhaps the lesson is to increase a small amount each year?

Overall -- I agree completely with Parsmad123 conclusion "At the end of the day you can’t force people to buy season tickets but the difference about spending your disposable income on a season ticket for the pars instead of going to the cinema with the family, or the zoo or whatever you may do instead of going along to EEP is that you have a deep emotional attachment to the club and if the majority take the approach of “I’m not buying a season ticket because...” then quite frankly we’re not going to have a club to support."

I would merely add "a full time one".

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 08:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:28

You’re suggesting that everyone has a ‘deep emotional attachment to the club’. Most on here do but many of the fan base will not fall into that category. All I’m saying is that these prices will absolutely result in lower sales. I just pray that the board haven’t just looked at last year’s sales, added in the increase and using this as the projected income.

As for the statement about not having a club to support, I think a lot of fans are getting a bit fed up of that. I’m sure this wasn’t your intention but it sometimes feels like being blackmailed into parting with out cash. “Don’t buy a season ticket? You’ll have no club..... you don’t donate to the lifeline?.....you’ll have no club”. To be honest its sounding like the club in its current form isn’t sustainable anyway. If you need me to donate money for your business to survive then you’re doing it wrong.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:29

Watch the boost to Season Tickets if Joe Cardle returned.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:42

Quote:

pars_andy, Fri 10 May 08:28

You’re suggesting that everyone has a ‘deep emotional attachment to the club’. Most on here do but many of the fan base will not fall into that category. All I’m saying is that these prices will absolutely result in lower sales. I just pray that the board haven’t just looked at last year’s sales, added in the increase and using this as the projected income.

As for the statement about not having a club to support, I think a lot of fans are getting a bit fed up of that. I’m sure this wasn’t your intention but it sometimes feels like being blackmailed into parting with out cash. “Don’t buy a season ticket? You’ll have no club..... you don’t donate to the lifeline?.....you’ll have no club”. To be honest its sounding like the club in its current form isn’t sustainable anyway. If you need me to donate money for your business to survive then you’re doing it wrong.

Couldn't put it better myself.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:51

Get over it, bit tedious fishing and I’m sure the pages of that programme are well glued together by now😂

edit: re cardle post

Same rules apply

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 08:52)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:54

Sliema,

That confirms, as I thought, that 60-64 year olds will pay the full £20 walk up price, a 66% price rise - if my arithmetic is correct.

I suspect that will persuade a significant number “caught” in that increase scenario to reduce the frequency of their attendance over the season and cherry pick games.

I think the club have goofed with the level of the rise.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:24

It will certainly be interesting to see how much of an increase in revenue it results in.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:26

I think there is enough negative posts on here to suggest that the Board may have scored an own goal before the season has started.

The point about football and emotional connections by comparison to spending income on family visits to the zoo or cinema is ludicrous.
What bigger emotional attachment can people have than to their family?!

Football to some followers is just another form of entertainment as opposed to the lifeblood it may be for others.

I think sammer earlier commented that things such as music concerts, maybe tennis or golf tournaments, whilst much more expensive than the average game of football are generally highly entertaining and enjoyable experiences.

The management need to strike a careful balance and not just rely on emotional goodwill, because we are miles away from the flat cap worker brigade of fans who had little else to spend their earnings on, prior to the 60s and 70s paradigm shift in how many of us live.

Stating the obvious I know, but the team and indeed the club have to earn that devotion to the Pars just as has happened in other times.
What is glaringly obvious is that good performances and results attract bigger crowds and vice versa. Which shows that there are a greater number of as some like to call them, fair weather fans, than, again other's words, real fans.

Just look at how many turn up for cup finals and bigger games in general.

It's consumer demand vs company push, but in football the push, i.e. performance usually has to come first.

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 09:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:34

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 10 May 08:54

Sliema,

That confirms, as I thought, that 60-64 year olds will pay the full £20 walk up price, a 66% price rise - if my arithmetic is correct.

I suspect that will persuade a significant number “caught” in that increase scenario to reduce the frequency of their attendance over the season and cherry pick games.

VEE, your Arithmetic is fine - your starting point may be flawed, I think? I believe the walk up price of £20 is for a full paying adult. My understanding is that adult concessions, who currently pay £12 will face a similar £2 increase. If you can't make next Thursday's Supporters meeting, I'll specifically ask that question, if someone else doesn't

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:39

<<As for the statement about not having a club to support, I think a lot of fans are getting a bit fed up of that. I’m sure this wasn’t your intention but it sometimes feels like being blackmailed into parting with out cash. “Don’t buy a season ticket? You’ll have no club..... you don’t donate to the lifeline?.....you’ll have no club”. To be honest its sounding like the club in its current form isn’t sustainable anyway. If you need me to donate money for your business to survive then you’re doing it wrong.>>

pars_andy raised some very important points here and they shouldn't be dismissed or ignored.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:42

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 10 May 09:34

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 10 May 08:54

Sliema,

VEE, your Arithmetic is fine - your starting point may be flawed, I think? I believe the walk up price of £20 is for a full paying adult. My understanding is that adult concessions, who currently pay £12 will face a similar £2 increase. If you can't make next Thursday's Supporters meeting, I'll specifically ask that question, if someone else doesn't

The way I read it, that's true for over 65s. But for the 60-64 bracket, the walk up price is now £20 - not the concession rate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:54

"VEE, your Arithmetic is fine - your starting point may be flawed, I think? I believe the walk up price of £20 is for a full paying adult. My understanding is that adult concessions, who currently pay £12 will face a similar £2 increase. If you can't make next Thursday's Supporters meeting, I'll specifically ask that question, if someone else doesn't"

Hi GG - when I read the club statement the other day I interpreted the bit about age criteria for concessions to mean that punters aged 60-64 who had previously enjoyed the reduced £12 walk up price would no longer qualify and would be charged £20 as of this coming season.

Following the link, posted above, that appears to me to be confirmed

Middle section (Norrie Stand etc.) - fourth column from the left, third row down - senior citizen (60-64) - match day price £20.

Or have I missed or confused something due to premature senility ?

The club also now refers to two age bands for senior citizens, the aforementioned 60-64 and 65-74, the latter with disabled and students.

The reference to age 75 does confuse me, how is that necessary - surely 65 + is the relevant age bracket ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:12

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 09 May 17:15

No disrespect - but I doubt you've thought that one through too clearly.

Establishing a person's age by their appearance is notoriously imprecise.

I know 65 + individuals who look much younger than their real age, conversely some fairly "well worn" (for want of a better term) punters below 65.

Likewise, as JHT123 says, how do you except an under 12 ST holder to prove their age when entering the ground ?

Youngsters in the 11/12/13 age bracket very considerably in height, build and appearance etc., ask any senior Primary or Secondary teacher.

Arbitary decisions by stewards, based on "looked to be of age" at the turnstyles is a recipe for causing problems.

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 10:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:14

Predictably, that will be my question for the Supporters' Council.

One Family member and three friends(do you have friends?ED) have now said that they will cherry pick games.

Fact: With the greatest respect to Alloa and Arbroath ;who is going to pay £20 to watch them?

I must add , this does NOT affect me.I renew my Season Ticket next week nor am I 60-64.

In the local Cop op Funeralcare window, you see my photo and underneath it reads "Coming Soon"!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:22

"Fact: With the greatest respect to Alloa and Arbroath ;who is going to pay £20 to watch them?"

Gayfield (who thought up that name ?) is a fair toddle up the road - but DAFC fans can watch the Pars at the Indodrill twice a season for less than walk up at EEP.

I paid £9 concession for these "home" games in the season just ended !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:28

“As for the statement about not having a club to support, I think a lot of fans are getting a bit fed up of that. I’m sure this wasn’t your intention but it sometimes feels like being blackmailed into parting with out cash. “Don’t buy a season ticket? You’ll have no club..... you don’t donate to the lifeline?.....you’ll have no club”. To be honest its sounding like the club in its current form isn’t sustainable anyway. If you need me to donate money for your business to survive then you’re doing it wrong.”

Spot on mate! Exactly how I’ve been feeling.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:03

If DAFC can make it exciting on the park this coming season then I cant help thinking that all this discussion about the increased prices will be irrelevant

To watch a winning team @ EEP, for me is worth well more than I paid last year to watch something akin to “paint drying”

The real challenge for DAFC is to supply a better entertainment package than was served up last year (& TBH the last 3 years)
That is a task that needs to be tackled by Board & Management in the first instance which should reflect on the performances of the selected players on the park
The difficulty with the above will be for the board to persuade fans to part with increased money upfront (Season & Lounge Tickets) before they see any signs of improvement on the park, a double edged sword if there ever was one & something a couple of very quick key signings would go a long way to allay

Fans eagerly anticipating the next game rather than looking at the game as a chore........... that’s where DAFC needs to be & as soon as possible

2015/16 League one Winners

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 11:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:05

Read the statement carefully though. There’s nothing within that which makes me believe we’ll have a better product next year. They’re clearly setting out a need to cut costs. I’m in full agreement with that but, as fans, we clearly need to reign in our expectations

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 11:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:23

How good we are going to be is irrelevant. Yorkston tried this 1 year (putting 3 years rises in 1, Club Pars or whatever it was called) and it was a disaster.

I gave up my season ticket then intending on paying at the gate but barely went. Its history repeating. Just cause folk want to pay doesn't mean they will.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:37

Topic Originator: pars_andy like | nolike
Date: Fri 10 May 11:05

“Read the statement carefully though. There’s nothing within that which makes me believe we’ll have a better product next year. They’re clearly setting out a need to cut costs. I’m in full agreement with that but, as fans, we clearly need to reign in our expectations”

==========================================.

Agree with that pars_andy however “Expectations” need to be managed & not squashed

Cutting costs is a must unless of course DAFC can retain the (previous to) last years income, but trotting out poor fare at more cost to the fans won’t I imagine, have the desired effect the board are looking to achieve

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:45

There is much deserved gnashing of teeth regarding the well documented disparity of income coming seventh ,rather than fourth under AJ and Sandy last season.

Those who saw the insipid,turgid,unmotivated performance at Dumfries are struggling to comprehend Ross' generous remarks about Stevie in his statement

With 1 point from the last 24,where is there any evidence whatever for his confidence?

No wonder many Supporters are waiting to see how the new season begins.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:58

I really despair at some of the comments on here supporters are there to back the club through the good and the bad times and now people are saying they will only go if the performances are good enough i have to say this is pathetic and you call yourselves supporters 🙄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 10 May 12:01

AJ and Sandy weren't going to have us in 4th this season so the comparison is irrelevant. Crawford and co might even have done better with the likes of Morris, McManus, Aird, Cardle and Clark at their disposal. They'd also likely have started the season with a better midfield than Wedderburn and Shiels.

It was 1 from 24 - which is unacceptable - but it was 15 from 15 just before that. SC, GS & CD had acquired us enough points in their first 8 games (by 9th March) to keep us in the Championship - and that was with the squad they inherited. The only addition they made were to upgrade the keeper, bring in the best deliverer from a dead ball specialist since God knows when and bring in a better striker than anything we had at the club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 12:08

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Fri 10 May 11:58

I really despair at some of the comments on here supporters are there to back the club through the good and the bad times and now people are saying they will only go if the performances are good enough i have to say this is pathetic and you call yourselves supporters 🙄

People are loyal to the team, but that shouldn't mean blind loyalty. There needs to be a product on the park to give something back to those parting with their cash.

Based on last season, hiking prices is going to drive away fans short term. If we manage to get a winning team on the park, folk will start to return.

Given the massive amounts fans are contributing (season tickets, lifeline, programmes, bars etc.) the club have still lost money this year. There needs to be a cost cutting exercise - there will come a tipping point in what most supporter want to, or can afford to, contribute to the club.

As I say, we need loyalty - but not blind loyalty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 10 May 12:18

I've just bought the first Gold ticket for old gits. It was my 65th birthday present from my wife. It gives me free hospitality (probably used in December or January when it is cold). Hopefully it will give the club a few extra £s.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 12:21

I am renewing my Season Ticket.

I have added another Centenary Club membership,

I am not saying I am a martyr.

However, I am entitled to ask where is there any evidence so far that Stevie is the answer?

Peter Houston,Kenny Shiels ,Jim Goodwin,Jim Duffy,Alan Archibald,Dick Campbell,Billy Reid etc all had the experience of the new Manager I had anticipated on 11th January with Stevie continuing as Coach.

I look forward, genuinely, to hearing Stevie's vision next Thursday evening.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 10 May 12:38

[Quote]"Fact: With the greatest respect to Alloa and Arbroath ;who is going to pay £20 to watch them?"

Gayfield (who thought up that name ?) is a fair toddle up the road - but DAFC fans can watch the Pars at the Indodrill twice a season for less than walk up at EEP.

I paid £9 concession for these "home" games in the season just ended !!![/Quote]

Well Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Morton and Partick Thistle fans paid £20 to watch Alloa at least last season, so there are clearly enough people who are prepared to pay that.

Its true that Pars fans paid less at Alloa than at East End last season (a whole, whopping ONE POUND) but then again we paid more that we normally would at Tannadice, Cappilow, The Falkirk Stadium and Firhill. Alloa may well charge £20 (or more) next season and Dundee charged £20 in this league a good three or four years ago so may well be £22-24 next season. I get that concession prices have become full adult prices for some folk but there has to he a cut of somewhere and given many people who are aged between 60 and 65 are still working, it seems fair enough to revert to the old system rather than increasing it to say 67 or whatever the state pension is now?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 12:48

Would be interesting to see what over clubs do for concessions. I think our 60 is very very generous.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 14:42

"Well Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Morton and Partick Thistle fans paid £20 to watch Alloa at least last season, so there are clearly enough people who are prepared to pay that."

Not at Alloa - unless I missed something - I thought they had the same admission price for all visiting fans ?

It wasn't just a £1 difference - concessions were £9.......25% cheaper than EEP.

I was surprised that Mulraney kept the concession so low.

Incidentally, I'm of the auld farts school of thought - the price should be the same across every club/ground in the division, as it was in the days of real football !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Fri 10 May 17:18

Once the kids drift away with the adults they are lost, quickly other things are found to do on a Saturday and BBC Scotland becomes the viewpoint!

Very strange the club have taken this route to increase revenue as it will certainly backfire now and long term!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: simo  
Date:   Fri 10 May 18:19

I’ve renewed online and changed my seat. Any idea if I have to get replacement card? Zero information on the website or in the email confirmation.

Hamish French.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 10 May 18:22

'I’m not sure people make comparisons with the fans of other clubs when deciding whether or not to go to the games. They make comparisons against other things they can spend their money on. And they also have a tipping point with regards to value.'

That’s one way in which football differs from most other businesses. Although we are competing against other football clubs, no Pars fan is ever going to start supporting say Raith Rovers on the basis that they charge less for admission. It’s not about deciding whether to shop at Morrisons or Lidl. The real competition in a business sense is from other leisure activities, many of which offer more guarantee of satisfaction. These other activities won’t have the raucous sense of shared identity or that marvellous uncertainty that a football match can offer, but the problem last year was that EEP was less than raucous and the football depressingly predictable.

What a number of people here have picked' up on is the suggestion that fans have a duty to support DAFC. That might strike a chord with older fans who have a long affinity with the club, who recognise the significance a football club has within a town. But at the same time it’s almost an admission not to expect too much on the football front. As a youngster supporting the Pars I rather saw it the other way round: that the club had a duty to provide a lively afternoon’s football so that I could temporarily escape into a more exciting environment. I suspect youngsters today feel much the same. If they can’t find that at EEP they’ll go looking elsewhere.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 18:29

Oops, posted on wrong thread.

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 18:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 20:03

"Not at Alloa - unless I missed something - I thought they had the same admission price for all visiting fans ?"

Sliema Par was talking about the walk up price at East End being £20 and asked "With the greatest respect to Alloa and Arbroath ;who is going to pay £20 to watch them?". I was pointing out that fans of those clubs who paid on the day to see their home team's games v Alloa were happy to pay £20.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 20:30

Planning on buying mine tomorrow, is it still the case that the club would prefer us to pay in cash? I seem to remember last year that someone posted that using a debit card still cost the club a percentage.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Fri 10 May 21:35

Cash is still preferred as far as I’m aware.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 22:06

Sliema Par was talking about the walk up price at East End being £20 and asked "With the greatest respect to Alloa and Arbroath ;who is going to pay £20 to watch them?". I was pointing out that fans of those clubs who paid on the day to see their home team's games v Alloa were happy to pay £20.

Understood SP from the off - my point is that Pars fans can see their team play Alloa for less away from home.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 06:34

And this season past fans of Dundee Utd, Falkirk et al could see their team for less at East End. Are you proposing a flat rate on all ticket prices? And the point still stands as to my reply to SP, as we were both talking about home games not away games.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 07:06

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 10 May 09:54

"VEE, your Arithmetic is fine - your starting point may be flawed, I think? I believe the walk up price of £20 is for a full paying adult. My understanding is that adult concessions, who currently pay £12 will face a similar £2 increase. If you can't make next Thursday's Supporters meeting, I'll specifically ask that question, if someone else doesn't"

Hi GG - when I read the club statement the other day I interpreted the bit about age criteria for concessions to mean that punters aged 60-64 who had previously enjoyed the reduced £12 walk up price would no longer qualify and would be charged £20 as of this coming season.

Following the link, posted above, that appears to me to be confirmed

Middle section (Norrie Stand etc.) - fourth column from the left, third row down - senior citizen (60-64) - match day price £20.

Or have I missed or confused something due to premature senility ?

The club also now refers to two age bands for senior citizens, the aforementioned 60-64 and 65-74, the latter with disabled and students.

The reference to age 75 does confuse me, how is that necessary - surely 65 + is the relevant age bracket ?

I've read that bit of the Chairman's statement again, VEE and I think you and DBA are correct. It's unfortunate for those in that age range - wish it was still the case for me. ☹ Looking at it another way, it's a huge incentive for those people to buy a season ticket - they'll save themselves a very tidy sum on the walk up prices, even if they miss several games during the season.

In Italy, many Serie A and B clubs offer STs which offer an average saving of 40% on walk up prices. In games involving the major clubs, the savings when they meet are worth the ST money alone, as the walk up prices are incredibly expensive.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sat 11 May 07:49

Quote:

DulochConvert, Fri 10 May 20:30

Planning on buying mine tomorrow, is it still the case that the club would prefer us to pay in cash? I seem to remember last year that someone posted that using a debit card still cost the club a percentage.

No need for cash. The club announced a couple of seasons ago that card payments were now OK.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 11:03

So here's the effect on the new prices for me. This is not meant to add to the moanfest about the club's new pricing (although the rises are more severe for me than I expected). More to point out that the pain is being applied across the board.
I take my 2 teenage sons and 7 yo girl. I go for the family section option. These are the cheapest tickets possible for us.
Last years total figure was £340. This years is £433. A rise of 27.35%.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 11:45

Ouch!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 12:50

27.35% even spread over three years would still be way above inflation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 12:58

I wonder if this will be the first big decline in our crowd? Since 2013 we haven’t actually done too badly. Especially playing quite poorly at times and in the third tier.

I can see our crowds really falling this season with the season ticket news. I just hope the club is prepared.

You can only take advantage of people for so long.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:19

I don't think it's fair to say the club are taking advantage of people.

It's a freedom of choice after all, but like many football clubs they do rely on the unquestioning loyalty of the fans and eventually the poor performances and results raise legitimate questions from those same fans, or a fair old proportion of them at least.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:25

It was remarkable that the club averaged a League Gate of 5010.

I just trust the Board aren't basing their calculations on the Gates holding up.

I would like to think we pull a plum in the League Cup or Scottish FA Cup ,but we come into the Scottish Cup at an earlier stage ,and some say we have fallen down the League Cup seeding.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:39

I've had a season ticket for 34 years. I've seen a handful of promotions and relegations a few cup finals and 2 European adventures in that time. It might be crap sometimes but I've never felt like I've been taken advantage of.

The price has went up but I'll still get one. It's part of being a supporter (No dig at those who can't afford to or can't be arsed).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:41

"Topic Originator: Sliema Par |
Date: Sat 11 May 13:25

It was remarkable that the club averaged a League Gate of 5010."

From the statement:
" In fact, extremely worryingly, our total “walk-up” gate receipts were a six-figure sum down from last season, and were even marginally less than in League One"

Shows what a farce the reported attendance numbers are
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:43

£93 divided by 4 = £23.25
£23.25 divided by 18 home games = £1.30

So £1.30 a head extra per home game...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:37

Very good. You've passed!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:55

👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Neebur  
Date:   Sat 11 May 20:39

was remarkable that the club averaged a League Gate of 5010."

From the statement:
" In fact, extremely worryingly, our total “walk-up” gate receipts were a six-figure sum down from last season, and were even marginally less than in League One"

Exactly this

Quite comical some are duped by crowds given by the club when its plainly obvious to those of us there that generally the crowds are a lot lower than announced
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:00

No one has been 'duped'. The club has been clear about the way the reported crowd figures are arrived at.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:20

Quote:

Neebur, Sat 11 May 20:39

was remarkable that the club averaged a League Gate of 5010."

From the statement:

Exactly this

Quite comical some are duped by crowds given by the club when its plainly obvious to those of us there that generally the crowds are a lot lower than announced

To be fair it's only Sliema who can't seem to grasp the concept that the figure announced isn't actually the same as the number of people who are at the game, no matter how many times it's explained in language that a toddler would understand.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Neebur  
Date:   Sat 11 May 22:24

Theres a few others and many on P&B who cant grasp the concept that the figure announced isn,t actually the same as the number of people who are the game
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 05:25

The European Football Statistics have only just been announced for Season 2018/19.

They give the figure of an average Gate at East End as 5009 whereas I reckoned 5010.Significantly ,Dundee Utd were on 5079 and Falkirk(whom the media keep repeating have the second highest Gates ,erroneously) finished on 4743.

We had a bigger Gate than St Johnstone,Livingston and Hamilton.

I am well able to differentiate ,thank you; between an "Official Gate" and the actual attendance.Folk keep telling me this for the sake of our fun wee "Guess The Gate" competition but I must abide by the club figures.How else could we run the competition?

The bottom line is if someone buys a Season Ticket, to help the club,but chooses not to attend every match; their income still helps the club.Though they don't buy a Bridie!Many other clubs do the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 12 May 06:32

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 06:58

That attendance baloney.

If an actual attendance was clearly only about 1500, would this reporting method still state over 3000, assuming approx. 3000 season ticket holders?

It convinces nobody, least of all potential sponsors.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 10:58

"They give the figure of an average Gate at East End as 5009 whereas I reckoned 5010"

OK fellow Pars fans - that single supporter who was sneaks out of EEP should confess to SP and apologise.

"The bottom line is if someone buys a Season Ticket, to help the club,but chooses not to attend every match; their income still helps the club.Though they don't buy a Bridie!Many other clubs do the same."

Does DAFC count free STs in the "attendance" figures regardless if they turn up or not ?

If so that makes a mockery of these stats returns, as well as not providing any income.

Do any other clubs offer free STs and and include them in their gate figures ?

Post Edited (Sun 12 May 11:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 11:10

Indubitably!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 11:53

That's me I'm done with this absolute shambles of a forum until pre-season starts. Too many rockets with nothing better to do than stir the sh1t and moan.

Enjoy your summer

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 13:11

Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio.

See you in a post or two.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 12:01

Part time forum member !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Mon 13 May 18:03

Quote:

simo, Fri 10 May 18:19

I’ve renewed online and changed my seat. Any idea if I have to get replacement card? Zero information on the website or in the email confirmation.

I bought my ticket online on Friday and received a brand new card today. However, I did make a new account this season so I would say if it's not with you in a couple of days this season's games will just be loaded onto your current card. Worth phoning the shop just to double check.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Mon 13 May 20:26

They can stick their season tickets up their bottom . Refuse to spend my money on that dross.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 20:39

COYP!

Post Edited (Mon 13 May 20:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Summerston Par  
Date:   Mon 13 May 21:12

Quote:

LesliePar, Mon 13 May 18:03

Quote:

I bought my ticket online on Friday and received a brand new card today. However, I did make a new account this season so I would say if it's not with you in a couple of days this season's games will just be loaded onto your current card. Worth phoning the shop just to double check.

Trying to renew my ticket online but dafctickets.co.uk won’t allow me to reach the checkout, for some reason it keeps logging me out then doesn’t accept my login details. Sent an email to the administrators. Living in Glasgow it’s easier than going to the shop.

Is there an issue with certain browsers, I’m using safari on my iPad.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 21:18

Quote:

Summerston Par, Mon 13 May 21:12

Quote:

LesliePar, Mon 13 May 18:03

Quote:

Trying to renew my ticket online but dafctickets.co.uk won’t allow me to reach the checkout, for some reason it keeps logging me out then doesn’t accept my login details. Sent an email to the administrators. Living in Glasgow it’s easier than going to the shop.

Is there an issue with certain browsers, I’m using safari on my iPad.

The website is absolutely brutal to be honest. I used Chrome on my laptop so maybe give that a bash, if not you could always purchase over the phone on Friday.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Mon 13 May 21:21

Quote:

Dalgety_Par, Mon 13 May 20:26

They can stick their season tickets up their bottom . Refuse to spend my money on that dross.

What dross is that then DP ?
I was under the impression that most of last season's dross was being shipped out . Or are you just assuming ?
Without a clue abt what our squad will be for the next season .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end