DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sooner or later... It's gonna happen.
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:15

VAR: Referee Willie Collum says technology would limit 'scandal' in Scottish football - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48207419

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sooner or later... It's gonna happen.
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:37

'It would be up to the clubs to foot the bill'.

The only figure I've seen banded about was in Brazil where the estimated cost was over 5 million euros per season.If it went ahead and the costs were evenly distributed amongst clubs it would affect the smaller clubs more and potentially further increase the gap at the top end.The smaller clubs aren't going to vote for it when money is tight-it would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.I'm not against VAR but not to the detriment of the game as a whole. I've no idea if that estimate is still correct but if so it would work out at over £350k per team per season-money that Scottish clubs simply don't have.

How would it work if it was only applied in the Premier League? Would every team in the league need to pay an annual subscription to sign up for it? If you are a team battling relegation would you be keen to pay in the knowledge that the following season you might not have it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:59

They use Euros in Brazil ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:06

Who said they use Euros in Brazil?

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/brazilian-clubs-reject-var-amid-cost-concerns/

20 million Brazilian Real if that helps :)

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 13:10)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end