DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 DAFC Gold Card
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:54

Gold card

See the club just announced this initiative for over 60 supporters - looks like they've had a lot of people willing to be the full adult price and are offering some extra benefits as a result.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: DAFC Gold Card
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:05

Good news

I didn't know that this was coming but had already decided to do this.

Good to get something back --- and I'll be plumping for hospitality in some baltic February evening game if I can.

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 21:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 9 May 22:43

Could ye wangle me into that seat next to ye TRBFC? We could swap buns!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 10 May 07:59

Great imitative.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:13

What a superb gesture from folk of my generation and a brilliant response from the club.

We may have endured a very disappointing season, but this wonderful spirit of determination makes me confident we can get back on track next season. We have a fan base which must be the envy of a good number of Premiership clubs.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:23

I’ll take this superb offer up. I’m due to have my first concession ticket this season and, to be honest, I do feel that 60 is too low an age to receive a full concession. I realise the club may not want to jump it up to 65 in one leap but maybe 62 or 63 would be a good compromise?
I’m happy to help the club if I’m able to so I’ll be going for the Gold Card this season. I look forward to using the hospitality offer during the miserable winter weather! Looking forward to the meeting on Thursday too, I’ve never been able to attend before but I’m making sure I get there in person this time. COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:37

ha ha Buffy -- "Could ye wangle me into that seat next to ye TRBFC? We could swap buns!"

Let them eat cake!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:03

A great gesture so credit to all those that buy these Gold Cards.

It's just a shame that the club are now putting a product out there banking on our older generation being willing to pay the standard adult price, considering the level of hike its had already this season.

We going to have a similar one for kids next season?

There will be a point, if not reached already where the push for extra money will take its toll, fans already give enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:20

What is the Goldcard offer?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: seagull1  
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:51

If you’re over 60 & paying full price for your season ticket then the club in return is giving you 2 seats hospitality for a home league game & 2 spaces at Meet the Manager. Good response from the club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 10 May 12:20

Bought this morning from my caravan in Wales.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Fri 10 May 23:34

Whilst this is a great gesture to thank fans for putting a little bit extra into the club, what a slap in the face to disabled supporters who decide to forego the concessionary price and pay full whack.

Is it possible that this scheme could be illegal as it discriminates as against disabled supporters?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 11 May 01:05

I may be missing something and if so I apologise. In what way does the Gold Card arrangement the club has put in place discriminate against fans with disabilities? If you can explain to me, either on here or in an email to secretary@dadsc.fife.net, then I'll be happy to raise it via DADSC with DAFC and its Disability Access Officer / Supporter Liaison Officer.

My initial thought was that DAFC is probably appreciative of ANY fan who supports the club financially by voluntarily paying more than the published price for the ticket and is "rewarding" a specific age-related category for doing so - THAT may be discriminatory (others can comment on that) but the whole thing seems voluntary and no-one is obliged to pay more than the published prices.

Whether the ticket price increases are falling more heavily on fans with disabilities is a different matter and I know some believe this to be the case.

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive

Post Edited (Sat 11 May 01:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sat 11 May 09:44

I think the term discriminatory is a bit harsh. It should be looked upon as an offer or a bonus. That said, not a bad idea to roll it out to all of those eligible for concessions. Covers all bases and might see a decent return.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:00

Stanza, the Gold Card scheme is only open to concession holders over 60 who pay the full price. Nowhere in the statement on COWS is mention made of any other concession groups.

By rewarding only one section of fans for their generosity then I believe any other concessionary groups who choose to pay full price are being discriminated against.

I don't think using the term discriminatory when it accurately describes the situation is harsh Chewie. I do agree it should be rolled out to all concessionary groups and should have said that in my post.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:15

Perhaps the club should add all concessions providing them the gold car privileges. This could include disabled, unemployed and youngsters. Whether or not they wish to take part in this initiative is up to them.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end