DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Spread your season ticket cost!
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 10 May 13:50

Statement from the website, delete if posted elsewhere:

Kingdom Community Bank (KCB), Fife’s largest credit union, is delighted to announce that it is able to offer Pars fans the option to purchase their season tickets in instalments. KCB appreciates that this is an option that helps the club plan its finances in advance of the new season and also gives locally based fans the opportunity to stagger the cost of their season ticket over the duration of the season, to suit their personal circumstances.

KCB is a local not-for-profit financial co-operative owned and controlled by its members and it prides itself in being an ethical bank that helps its members save, budget and access affordable credit.

In order to take advantage of this offer, fans would need to become a member of KCB and either live or work in Fife. There is no joining fee but participating members must be over 18.

KCB would offer new members loans that cover the cost of their season tickets. As a representative example, the APR on the purchase of one season ticket would be 42.6%, so for example on an adult season ticket costing £300 to be paid over 12 months, the monthly interest payment would be £30.16, the total payable would be £361.89, £61.89 of which would be interest. Interest rates would drop where multiple tickets are purchased by one borrower. Terms can be flexible according to individual fans’ needs but all loans must be repaid within 12 months.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Spread your season ticket cost!
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 10 May 14:03

Whilst its admirable that theres a tie in to spread the cost of a season ticket over 12 months that APR is a rip off especially for a credit union.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 10 May 14:03

Agree, Spoke to my Hibby supporting pal at work and they have the same option but with 0% APR.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammy_shuffle  
Date:   Fri 10 May 14:04

I,m surprised the club even put this up. The Apr is ridiculous. A not for profit organisation. Not with those terms it isn't. Would totally negate any savings by purchasing a season ticket this way. Better to pay at the gate or get a cheap loan from the bank.

Just my opinion of course.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 10 May 14:09

There is already a Thread on this called " Credit Union Interest"

Compare the APR with Capital Credit Union in Edinburgh.

Other Credit Unions are available.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 10 May 14:13

Using the figures on the price list, a £295 season ticket saves a fan £65 - and that’s only if they attend every game. To think it’s reasonable to then add on £60 in interest seems ludicrous. Reduces the saving to £5. Meaning, if you’re possibly going to miss even 1 game, it’s just not worth it and you’d be losing money, by having a season ticket.

Great idea in principle, but not at that interest rate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 14:13

Yeah my one is 0% as well when I pay mine up monthly.

You'd be better of firing it on to a 0% credit card and cutting up the card.

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 14:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Fri 10 May 15:18

Cost would be more than the walk up price. Be better just giving £360 to the club over the course of the season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 10 May 16:42

That's an outrageous APR figure - and the offer is not open to fans that don't live in Fife.

".......and it prides itself in being an ethical bank."

No comment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Fri 10 May 18:12

The interest rate falls if you borrow to buy more than one ticket.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 10 May 18:30

Hike the prices then promote a Credit Union with a shocking APR that will cost fans more money....should have just let it be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Fri 10 May 19:17

Quote:

Berry, Fri 10 May 18:30

Hike the prices then promote a Credit Union with a shocking APR that will cost fans more money....should have just let it be.

Is that a credit union.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 10 May 19:40

I just wish clubs had concessions for the unemployed 😞

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 19:44

I thought we used to? Just assumed we did actually.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Fri 10 May 19:53

incredibly worrying that the club would even consider putting their name to this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 10 May 20:03

Buy a season ticket, save money.

Give that money to some shyster preying on the poor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 22:21

"I just wish clubs had concessions for the unemployed"

They don't ?

I always thought unemplyed qualified as a concession ?

Surely they're not expecting fans in that unfortunate position to find £20 to see a game ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StuPar82  
Date:   Fri 10 May 23:28

It certainly is a eye-opening APR and many I am sure will have access to cheaper ways than via this!

Clearly the cost is driven by the fact that the KCU are a small, local credit union and therefore simply do not have economies of scale to offer rates competitive with the ‘high street’.

I suspect their core members are the more vulnerable people in society, who are unable to get credit elsewhere and I suspect the loan will be ‘unsecured’ the high APR reflects the company’s credit risk.

In addition, it looks like KCU underwrite each case manually rather than using some homogeneous credit scoring algorithm. This is good for the people I mention above who may have a poor or no credit history for a variety of reasons and just can’t get over the threshold of mainstream lenders. This of course is more expensive to administer, which again is reflected in the price, I am sure.

Naturally, some people may have better means to spread the cost I.e. a credit card, but for those who don’t this may be their only way of affording a season ticket.

Finally, I am disappointed to read terms like ‘shyster’ and other disparaging remarks as if this APR is ending up lining some fat-cat’s pockets. From their site it is states the KBU are a non-profit organisation. Meaning that any money they make is used to run the business; invest in the business or paid back via dividend to it’s members, I.e. savings and loan customers. It is unlikely that any employee is paid an exorbitant salary, certainly relative to what they could earn for a high street bank for a similar job.

It may not be for everyone, it may not even be for many but that doesn’t mean it won’t be if value to someone.

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 23:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 10 May 23:50

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 10 May 22:21

"I just wish clubs had concessions for the unemployed"

They don't ?

I always thought unemplyed qualified as a concession ?

Surely they're not expecting fans in that unfortunate position to find £20 to see a game ?

My understanding is that the club hasn't had an unemployed concession since before Mr Masterton took over the club, and it hasn't been corrected since.

For a "community club" within this community, with the history that we have, it disappoints me that we have nobody in a leadership position who is able to see the need for this.

Souper Saturday

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 23:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars_andy  
Date:   Sat 11 May 00:18

“it may not be for everyone, it may not even be for many but that doesn’t mean it won’t be if value to someone”

You don’t think it’s poor form for the club to promote credit at such an eye watering interest rate especially given the history of the club? And as has been pointed out, for most people paying standard prices, it costs about the same to pay at the gate.

==================================
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 11 May 01:24

The problems of administering a discounted unemployment ticket scheme fairly would be immense and would reuire extra staff. Does the fan have to hand back his/her "UB40" season ticket if he/she gets a job (and then loses it again in a couple of months)? What about self-employed people who in some months can't find any customers to pay for their services? Who in DAFC has to check all this every week or is it on an "honour" basis?

Maybe it would work for walk-up tickets on production of a UB40 (is that still the right form?) But presumably a concession rate for the unemployed would mean those in employment or retired or self-employed would have to pay more to maintain the same income stream - unless of course there was to be a significant uptake of tickets by new unemployed fans. It would IMO be a very high risk strategy when the club is apparently short of ready money. And I guess legally we would have to offer the same concessions to unemployed fans of other clubs coming to EEP (opportunity for jokes here ....)

Support Pars United (costs you nothing) when you shop online with 3100 retailers and insurance firms etc, including Argos, Amazon, John Lewis, Tesco, LV=, O2 etc.
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/parsalive

Post Edited (Sat 11 May 01:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sat 11 May 07:04

I think as a fan owned, community based club, the effort required would be worth doing.

Time and effort which would actually benefit some less fortunate folks who enjoy football.

I realise that not all unemployed people are doing all they can to find work, but the majority are and yes it's a moving situation with people employed temporarily, being paid off suddenly, then being reemployed in part time work and so on.

If it was started on the basis of validity being for one season at a time, even if the person's situation changed during the season, it would be worth the effort imo.

It could attract more fans and be seen as a genuine act to support the less fortunate in the community.

And yes I do realise that like the age concessions, a small minority could easily abuse such a scheme. That may be a price to accept for the majority who wouldn't abuse it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 08:02

Unfortunately there are no UB40s anymore - a dated letter is the only evidence of unemployment/UC as everything else is produced online.

I’d not expect the clubs to offer season tickets to the unemployed; only walk up tickets when the above evidence on show.

I’ve been unemployed since last September- I primarily do temp work - so it’s hard to find £40 a month for entry to the away games. I’m most grateful to several Pars fans who have very kindly offered to pay my entry (and bought me food and refreshments!) but not everyone is in this position. I’ve asked about unemployed concessions at each turnstile at games but it’s not included (and have only once been advised that it “shouldn’t really be a priority for someone without a job to go to the football anyway” !) 😳

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StuPar82  
Date:   Sat 11 May 08:46

Expensive, yes. Poor form? No.

All the club have done have facilitated an option not otherwise available.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 11 May 09:04

Think its down ro the fan to be honest .If gainfully employed why would you cheat the club and not pay full price .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 09:22

"Maybe it would work for walk-up tickets on production of a UB40 (is that still the right form?) But presumably a concession rate for the unemployed would mean those in employment or retired or self-employed would have to pay more to maintain the same income stream - unless of course there was to be a significant uptake of tickets by new unemployed fans. It would IMO be a very high risk strategy when the club is apparently short of ready money. And I guess legally we would have to offer the same concessions to unemployed fans of other clubs coming to EEP (opportunity for jokes here ....)"

When I reached 60 the club accepted my bus pass as proof of eligibility for concessionary tickets - presumably Buffy's suggestion about producing the letter quoted would meet the same criteria for an unemployed fan.

The lack of a concession for those out of work is a double whammy fo such a supporter - I believe other clubs offer this discount - if Falkirk, for example, can do it, why can't DAFC ?

Post Edited (Sat 11 May 09:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sat 11 May 09:40

Yes it is poor form. They headline it and promote it like it is something positive.

Also, The end result is that the club gets less than if the supporter pays at the gate, even if they miss a couple of games. This is in nobody's interest.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 11 May 09:40

Why should someone who is unemployed get in cheaper?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 11 May 09:46

Because if you are unemployed you might not have a lot of money so of course what cash you do have you should spend to see a game of football.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 09:54

"Why should someone who is unemployed get in cheaper?"

Is that a serious question, surely not ?

Maybe the club could charge primary age kids the full whack as well ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 10:16

As VEE says above - imagine everyone paying the same price. No concessions whatsoever. After all why should over-65s, children and carers have reduced prices in that case.

Seriously, SHP? Going to the football might be someone’s only outlet from looking for work. Surely clubs should reach out to every possible supporter they can but at a reduced price : the fan gets to take in a game and the club gets a profit for it. Win win.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 11 May 10:43

I don't think we should stop "all concessions" but with the limited resources available to us we have to be very selective about what concessions should be on offer.

It is a tricky area.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 11:32

Our club do offer concessions for unemployed fans I’m happy to note. (Not that I said they didn’t - I was referring to away grounds).

“DAFC HOME MATCH TICKET PRICES 2019/20

SRJ Windows South Stand: Adults £22, Concessions £16, U12 £8
All other stands: Adults £20, Concessions £14, U12 £6
Away Stands: Adults £20, Concessions £14, U12s £6

Concessions are: Over 65s, Under 18s, Full Time Students, Disabled and Unemployed

Please note that ID may be required for all concession tickets. (valid matriculation cards, birth certificates, passport or official documentation)

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 11:43

For anybody interested, this link indicates the precise timetable for women being phased into the rise in state pension age from 60-65....... and beyond.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-1679780/New-state-pension-age-retire.html
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end