DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Imagine we had gone up.
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sat 11 May 09:54

Having watched the differing reaction to the Chairman's statement and the season ticket prices. I wonder what reaction would be to premier league prices.
We have had a poor season and even during this one we were up till a month ago, in with a chance of getting to the promotion play offs. We were of course not ready for promotion, however the reaction I mention above indicates that neither were some fans.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Imagine we had gone up.
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 11 May 10:11

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Sat 11 May 09:54

Having watched the differing reaction to the Chairman's statement and the season ticket prices. I wonder what reaction would be to premier league prices.
We have had a poor season and even during this one we were up till a month ago, in with a chance of getting to the promotion play offs. We were of course not ready for promotion, however the reaction I mention above indicates that neither were some fans.

That's different, if we'd gone up you'd expect higher prices when you have Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs.

Next season we have Arbroath, Alloa, potentially Montrose!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 12 May 15:03

The prices for second tier Scottish football is outrageous. The product on the park last season was a joke. I can understand why fans have an issue with the price increase.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 12 May 16:54

Bumping prices up for a higher quality product is totally reasonable. £20 a game for championship football is stinking.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 12 May 18:03

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 12 May 16:54

Bumping prices up for a higher quality product is totally reasonable. £20 a game for championship football is stinking.

Well that depends on whether you want to see progress or not.
If they could get decent players to play for less money maybe they could lower prices. I dont think our lot earn much. They would probably be better off part time with a reasonably paid job if we gave them less

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 13 May 07:09

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 12 May 16:54

I agree that £20 is a lot to pay for second tier Scottish football, but isn't that an incentive for fans to save up for a ST? How will our full walk up price compare with other Championship clubs? A poster mentioned paying £20 to stand at Cappielow this season.

Why should the Pars charge less than their rivals?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Mon 13 May 08:32

Imagine all the people.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:04

Went to livingston to see them against Dundee on Saturday - £24 adult, £16 pensioner.

1300 at the game. I do wonder why....!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:51

I trust that the board have the best interests of the club at heart when assessing our budget for next season, even if the news is bad it is their duty to inform us in order for us as fans to assess our level of commitment for next season..

I personally would like to compare our prices to that of other teams in our league next season.

Rightly or wrongly that would give us a benchmark for where we really are in relation.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:54

Livi have always had a modest support and Dundee are dead man walking - that had a significant effect on the attendance as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:59

Agree veteran to an extent. Would have thought more support and more sense by the club involved....

The pricing just surprised me compared to what we’ve been used to at East end. We’re luckier than we think sometimes!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Mon 13 May 11:27

Quote:

DunfyDave, Mon 13 May 09:51

I trust that the board have the best interests of the club at heart when assessing our budget for next season, even if the news is bad it is their duty to inform us in order for us as fans to assess our level of commitment for next season..

I personally would like to compare our prices to that of other teams in our league next season.

Rightly or wrongly that would give us a benchmark for where we really are in relation.

I've looked at some. Dundee UTC and Inverness higher. Based o adult price. United £24 - 28 + if promoted + £3 for cat A games.
Inverness £23 -25
,Partick £23-26
Morton £22
Alloa £19 ground £21stand
QoS TBA
Ayr Tba

Post Edited (Mon 13 May 13:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 12:48

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Mon 13 May 11:27

Quote:

DunfyDave, Mon 13 May 09:51

I've looked at some. Dundee UTC and Inverness higher. Based o adult price. United £24 - 28 + if promoted + £3 for cat A games.
Inverness £23 -25
,Patrick £23-26
Morton £22
Allow £19 ground £21stand
QoS TBA
Ayr Tba

Thanks for that BWB.

Kinda puts into perspective. If we are wanting to compete then we need to be raising the same revenue.

Perhaps this is why we.lost some influential players last season because of that extra £2 or £3 - This may have made Al the difference??

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 13 May 15:09

Its probably easier to go up rather than stay up. You need to have a good foundation. Some teams are not ready to go up from the championship. I suppose as others have said its not only about the players and team its probably more about funding.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 13 May 16:24

I had a wee look at what prices were elsewhere, as any time I have been abroad the prices have always seemed more reasonable. For 2018/19, £159 was the average season ticket price in the Bundesliga. "In LaLiga, it costs fans an average of £205 for a season ticket, while it is slightly higher in Italy at £225 for Serie A fans.

Despite the riches of Paris Saint-Germain, the average cost of a season ticket to support a Ligue 1 team is just £172"

Seems to me that the problem with the chairman of Scottish football clubs, is that they know they have x amount of die hard fans who will be there no matter what, and they would rather fleece those 3,000 folk for twenty quid a game, than see if they could get 6,000 if they dropped it to a tenner a game. For the product on show in the Scottish second tier, £20 is too much
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 16:35

Or they have BIGGER economies of scale where they are. Less tax, fewer overheads and a BIGGER brand to sell to the media.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 13 May 16:53

I think also some clubs overseas are registered charities. Attracting larger crowds will bring the price down too I suppose. The probably have a number of other good sources of income such as advertising and sponsorship.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end