DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Clear as mud?
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:23

The Chairman refers to substantial losses in his statement,what are they?Is it a case of masking the seriousness of the financial viability of the club at present?
Questions need to be asked for clear transparency, disclosing all the issues to give the shareholders, current/ potential sponsors and fans full visibility of what they are buying into going forward before it’s too late.

The club should have the accounts audited straight away giving a clear picture of where we are at present.
If we wait and the accounts are published as normal that could be too late.
Potentially if another disaster unfolds next season....then the club will be in serious debt again!

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Clear as mud?
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:28

Ffs tak a pill.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:35

Jings min if you're that concerned I suggest you fire along to the meeting that's coming up to ask these questions in person.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:40

Our financial year doesn't finish until the end of the month. Impressive if we can get audited accounts right away!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:42

When the club know they have lost money and have put out a statement explaining that; why on earth would they waste money on an audit to confirm what they already know and have announced?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:42

The statement is perfectly clear ffs.
I'm not the guy to write it or divulge but I hope one day the full story comes out from the frontline of what happened through the dark days that led to the current board....I can't help but feel it would put to bed any question of the protagonists integrity or intention.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:46

You could in 2/3 months or wait till early 2020 at present.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 11 May 15:07

The accounts will no doubt have already been audited and no doubt should stand up to hard questioning but this is not the place or forum to continually barrage when an open transparent meeting is scheduled relatively soon.

Can I suggest you pop along and voice your questions face to face.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 11 May 15:31

Or you could look at it as perhaps private and confidential information that cannot be put into the public domain until after shareholders etc have been informed first?

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 11 May 15:46

We took a gamble this season on players to gain promotion, that was an inceased wage bill. We had poor cup runs. We never made play offs or promotion. We sacked a magement team. Then finished eighth.

If you can't work out why we have lost money this season then you need to go back to maths class!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but on the back of last season I would say it was a calculated risk which has backfired in the most unfortunate way on the club and board.

We will go back to square 1 and move cautiously forward as we have done previously no dramas! A good cup run and a place in the playoffs will be a massive boost to coffers next season with maybe a bit more capital to build and strengthen!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 11 May 16:01

Does anyone remember Jackie Mac talking at the hospitality / entertainment night after the Ayr game. He mentioned about serious losses in the past. I took it he was talking about administration, however he perhaps knew about the financial problems of this season. Perhaps that is why Stevie could not sign more players in January.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 11 May 16:31

"Clear" being the operative word, but not as mud "clear oot" mair like.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sat 11 May 18:49

Quote:

dover par, Sat 11 May 14:23

The Chairman refers to substantial losses in his statement,what are they?Is it a case of masking the seriousness of the financial viability of the club at present?
Questions need to be asked for clear transparency, disclosing all the issues to give the shareholders, current/ potential sponsors and fans full visibility of what they are buying into going forward before it’s too late.

The club should have the accounts audited straight away giving a clear picture of where we are at present.
Potentially if another disaster unfolds next season....then the club will be in serious debt again!

The club can't go into debt as per the set up after admin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 11 May 19:02

Does that mean we fold.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Sat 11 May 20:10

OT Hysterical nonsense

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 11 May 22:17

Quote:

dover par, Sat 11 May 14:23

Serious question here but where you drunk when you posted this if not then you need help

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cmonpar  
Date:   Sat 11 May 22:28

My goodness what an absolute OTT reaction on here. Yes we have had a bad season on and off the pitch and some extenuating circumstances occurred but let’s settle down and try to look forward to the season ahead.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 11 May 22:49

Tis the season for drama 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 11 May 23:00

Quote:

widtink, Sat 11 May 22:49

Tis the season for drama 🤣

Could be worse we might be Falkirk fans 😂😂😂😂

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 12 May 01:52

Not sure the OP understands how audits work but they are certainly not instantaneous or at the forefront of the priorities of the club right now. The only real qualms I have is that it seems we had no solid plan B in place if plan A failed last year which it did, in a large way. Think a wee bit more forecasting would help.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 12 May 09:35

Wasn't plan B to change the management team?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 12 May 10:46

Plan A and plan B haha. I’ve heard plenty of fans saying “we had no plan B” but I’ve never once heard a fan saying “plan B worked today”. It’s a footballing cliche that’s a load of bollocks.

Post Edited (Sun 12 May 10:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 12 May 10:47

[

Post Edited (Sun 12 May 10:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 12 May 12:38

I'm sure Tottenham fans would disagree with that Allparone - their okan A wasn't working v Ajax, they brought on Llorente to noise up the Ajax back 4 and hey presto, they turned it around and won the tie.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end