DAFC.net
Home 21 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Clyde v Edinburgh City
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 11 May 18:47

Went along to see my 'local' senior team today given the occassion, nice weather and free tickets for U12's that were on offer.

Standard was actually pretty good, Edinburgh weren't really at the races at all and didn't even get a look at Blair Henderson as he's still injured.

Clyde on the other hand were really impressive. The obvious one being Goodwillie who was miles ahead of everyone else without ever really getting out of 2nd gear. I know the quality of opposition isn't great but he could easily still be playing at Championship level or possibly higher. Appreciate that any talk of him going to us would be a massive can of worms (especially on here !) but from a football perspective he definetly still has something to offer IMO.

Aside from that one or two looked the part. Their #6 absolutely strolled through the game in the middle of the park and got hooked after they went 3-0 up so obviously one of their main men they wanted to keep fresh for the playoff final(s). Having had a quick look online it was Ray Grant - only 22 - who joined them from Norwich's academy system last year. Truth be told he wasn't up against a great deal ability wise, albeit Edinburgh do have quite a few big units in there in terms of physicality but he pretty much strolled it.

Given last weeks statement and the profile of player we will undoubtedly be looking at for next season it was quite refreshing to see a decent standard as i was expecting it to be a bit of a long ball blood & thunder affair given what was at stake and the level it was at so it made for a pleasent surprise.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Clyde v Edinburgh City
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 11 May 19:18

I’d be fine if Goodwille signed for us. He’s a good player. Plastic outrage isn’t for me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jojo  
Date:   Sat 11 May 19:36

Almost sure that is Ray Grant (son of Peter ex Scotland assistant) and AJ played him as a trialist last pre-season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 11 May 20:00

Get Adam Johnson signed up while we are at it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 11 May 20:21

Quote:

jojo, Sat 11 May 19:36

Almost sure that is Ray Grant (son of Peter ex Scotland assistant) and AJ played him as a trialist last pre-season

That's the one jojo, had no idea until you mentioned it. Didn't realise about him turning out for us as a trialist either.

His big brother was a cracking centre half for Falkirk but terrible injury problems the past eighteen months.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:06

Quote:

hudza, Sat 11 May 20:00

Get Adam Johnson signed up while we are at it.

I was at the game.

Goodwillie is a hero and has songs sung about him. Thomson is a terrible sex offender and had songs sung about him.

Football fans are very strange.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:13

If I'm right neither are in the jail and are just people doing the job they are best at.Courts decide if they are jailed not us.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: