DAFC.net
Home 21 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Man City
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 12 May 16:55

It has been an absolute privilege to watch them. Easily the greatest ever Premier League champion. Fantastic effort from Liverpool as well.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Man City
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sun 12 May 16:59

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 12 May 17:01

Liverpool friend messaged me when Brighton scored rubbing it in, was oddly quiet a minute later :D
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 12 May 17:11

The History Channel is delighted. They had already made a program regarding Liverpool's last title success. High tech graphics and the like showing you what it would have looked like.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 12 May 17:16

hope liverpool win CL - would be unfair if they ended up runners up in both
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 17:36

Wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool’s erse completely collapsed against Spurs. Klopp has an absolutely horrendous record in cup finals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 12 May 18:05

Tomorrows hang over is going to hurt.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 12 May 18:09

Hey at least Man Utd got slapped again.
Ole must stay 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 12 May 18:18

^^^hater’s gonna hate

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 18:21

Liverpool and Utd are both losers in the league this year. Its just a case of different levels of failure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 18:28

You are correct sir... But Man Utd are a shadow of the side they were... Especially since Ole took over.
Let me put it this way, Would you be happier right now if you were a Man Utd fan or a Liverpool fan?
Now be honest... 🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 18:34

Lets put it this way, since I was born I've never seen Liverpool win the title. I'm 27...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 12 May 18:56

Listening to the phone-in on Radio 5, I can't believe City fans coming on to complain about BBC (and media in general) being biased in favour of Liverpool rather than celebrating their title win. Then you get fans of both sides arguing about how much they have each spent in the transfer market.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Sun 12 May 19:07

Quite funny how many Man Utd fans are in here gloating about Liverpool not winning the league...

How many points out the last 10 games??
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 19:26

Man Utd are finished as a top club imo. It could be another 20 or 30 years before they win a league title again.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 19:28

I had to laugh at one City fan on five live talking about how he still can't quite believe it that City are winning trophies and how magnificent it is. He was getting quite emotional as if it was some fairy tale rise to prominence. I'm pretty sure in Snow White that Prince Charming didn't use the seven drawfs to plunder the diamond mine and while doing so mistreated and abused the dwarfs but hoped that nobody would care because he bought Snow White nice shiny things.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 19:30

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 12 May 19:28

I had to laugh at one City fan on five live talking about how he still can't quite believe it that City are winning trophies and how magnificent it is. He was getting quite emotional as if it was some fairy tale rise to prominence. I'm pretty sure in Snow White that Prince Charming didn't use the seven drawfs to plunder the diamond mine and while doing so mistreated and abused the dwarfs but hoped that nobody would care because he bought Snow White nice shiny things.

Bitterness

Post Edited (Sun 12 May 19:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 19:37

Not at all. I'll tell you right now if the rumours of the past of the Saudi Royal family buying Utd were to ever come true I'd no longer be supporting them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 19:44

I mean, even as a fan of United, I'll admit the Glazers are more of a cancer to United than Mansour has ever been to City. Rich people as a general rule are all fecking c0cks. For every modern Bill Gates there's 1000 millionaire 1990's bill gates hiding in the corner
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Sun 12 May 20:22

Well done Man City and Pep G.

Twice in a row is no mean feat.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 20:25

Oh there is no doubt that the Middle Eastern dictatorship that runs Man City have done a better job at the Etihad than the American businessmen have done at Old Trafford. For the Glazers it's all about making money. For the Shiek it's about distracting.
https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/united-arab-emirates

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 12 May 20:27

Man Utd fans getting a hard on because Liverpool have more points than they had in their best ever season winning the league but finish second.
How the standards have dropped. ;)

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 20:57

Top trolling TOWK.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 21:37

Something aren't to be trolled about. The 'disappeared' of the UAE is one of them. But don't think about that. Look over there! We've got a team winning things!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 22:13

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 12 May 21:37

Something aren't to be trolled about. The 'disappeared' of the UAE is one of them. But don't think about that. Look over there! We've got a team winning things!

Wow. Just wow. Some folk will try anything to discredit their rivals accomplishments. It’s quite sad in all honesty.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 22:32

Oh well looks like the Shieks plan has worked.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 13 May 07:01

Leaving all prejudices aside, no one can say City aren't worthy champions - they've played exciting and entertaining football, won more games and scored more goals than anyone else, but any right minded football fan will feel sorry for Liverpool. One defeat all season, but not good enough to win the title. Too many drawn games, relative to City, has cost them in the end.

In the old, arguably fairer, 2pts for a win system, Liverpool would have edged it.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 13 May 09:06

"In the old, arguably fairer, 2pts for a win system, Liverpool would have edged it."

Surely the fairer system is rewarding the teams that have won the most games?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 10:07

So GG was it fair that the pars missed out on promotion in the 1993/94 season? If it had been 3 points for a win, which came in the following year , we’d have pipped Falkirk to the title.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 13 May 10:22

The word 'arguably' is key here! 😃
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 13 May 10:28

Why not reward the teams who lose the least?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Mon 13 May 11:00

Why not have no points at all, simply use goal difference to decide league placings, that would mean come the last day of the season, every team could still win the league or be relegated, imagine the excitement!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Mon 13 May 11:15

Facts are that the system for devising the ultimate winner of the league is set out clearly and unambiguously at the start of the season. Leaving any club allegiances aside (I had absolutely none in this instance) Man City were at the top when the games ran out and are worthy winners. Comparisons with different methods of points allocation are futile. Let’s hope next season produces the same close finish.

Post Edited (Tue 14 May 11:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 13 May 11:29

Quote:

ipswichpar, Mon 13 May 10:22

The word 'arguably' is key here! 😃

Looks like folk are arguing 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Brucey Bonus  
Date:   Mon 13 May 12:41

So you say you’d walk away from favouring United if they were taken over by a member of the Saudi Royal Family?

But you’re good with taking sponsorship money from the Russian state owned airline and taking money from Saudi Arabia in a “technical agreement” with the government in Riyadh?

It’s ok to take a some money from dubious regimes, but not too much?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 13 May 13:55

Just watched Jurgen Klopp being interviewed post game. He's such an inspirational figure; you can see why the Liverpool fans have taken him to their heart. The guy exudes confidence even after the disappointment of missing out on the title.

I doubt there are many Liverpool fans disappointed with their team today. They know they can expect better to come next season with barely any changes to the current lineup.

Liverpool's made tremendous progress under Klopp. He has brought the Kop to life again and I really wish them well in the final in Madrid.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 May 22:28

Yep Brucie I'd no longer support Utd if they were owned by the Saudi Royal family.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 14 May 07:16

This thread is the most cringe on .net, some of you profess to be grown men.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Tue 14 May 07:24

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 13 May 10:07

So GG was it fair that the pars missed out on promotion in the 1993/94 season? If it had been 3 points for a win, which came in the following year , we’d have pipped Falkirk to the title.

I'm sure that in 94/95 we would have gone up if it had still been 2 points.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 09:46

Could be a load of nonsense but found this a minute ago....
BBC News - Manchester City could face a Uefa ban from Champions League for a season
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48265079

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 14 May 10:28

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Tue 14 May 07:24

Quote:

D'you think I'd be so shallow as to change my stance depending on the teams involved? If you read my posts on this thread again, you'll see that I've said City are worthy champions but you have to feel for Liverpool. Had their final league positions been reversed, the same logic would apply.

The reason I think 2 pts for a win is fairer and more logical is because no points are "lost" when a game is drawn, as happens with 3 pts for a win. It's long been a bone of contention for me. I'll maybe start a thread on it sometime.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 14 May 10:52

Wasn't 3 points for a win introduced throughout football to encourage teams to play for a win rather than a draw? I don't know if there are any statistics to prove whether that has been the case but I was never convinced it would change attitudes. If a manager thinks he has more chance of a draw than a win he'll still set his side up to draw because he'll think one point is better than none. Having said that I think there should be a bonus for winning so I prefer 3 points for a win.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Tue 14 May 14:59

2pts, around the same time when only the Champions qualified for the major tournament !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 14 May 19:21

Looks like they may have cheated their way to the title through breaching FFP if recent reports are to go by.

No smoke without fire.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 19:30

Wasn’t the FFP story in the now discredited Der Spiegel?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 14 May 19:33

Foreign league, who cares!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 19:34

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 14 May 10:28

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Tue 14 May 07:24

Quote:

D'you think I'd be so shallow as to change my stance depending on the teams involved? If you read my posts on this thread again, you'll see that I've said City are worthy champions but you have to feel for Liverpool. Had their final league positions been reversed, the same logic would apply.

The reason I think 2 pts for a win is fairer and more logical is because no points are "lost" when a game is drawn, as happens with 3 pts for a win. It's long been a bone of contention for me. I'll maybe start a thread on it sometime.

It’s been 3 points for a win for a long time. The rules are set out at the start of the season. Only a Liverpool fan would drag up an ancient rule to try and claim they had somehow been hard done by.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 20:54

Alas Sergio Der Spiegel is anything but discredited. Looks like the uefa special investigator is a man of principle and is recommending a stinging punishment for Man City. However he doesn't have the final word and as we all know when it comes to footballs governing bodies Big Money seems to have an undue influence on the decision making process.
I fully expect this to be swept under the carpet.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 21:38

Why would it be swept under the carpet ? If City have breached the rules then they should be punished. A season out the champions league ? A fine ? A transfer ban.? It’s not going to suddenly send City in to utter oblivion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 14 May 21:44

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 14 May 21:38

Why would it be swept under the carpet ? If City have breached the rules then they should be punished. A season out the champions league ? A fine ? A transfer ban.? It’s not going to suddenly send City in to utter oblivion.

Believe the recommendation will be a season out of the Champions League, if proven guilty ofcourse.

It could be as soon as next season (might be season after) which would give Arsenal the spot, unless they win the Europa League as they qualify through that, in that case Man Utd would cash in...that would miff them off a bit I imagine!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 14 May 22:24

In that scenario, Arsenal would get the Champions League spot. Winning the Europa League wouldn't see the next team get a spot - Spain didn't get 5 places this season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 23:30

Liverpool vs Spurs is the champions league final ffs. Both teams have done well to get to the final but they shouldn’t even be there imo . 3rd and 4th teams not only qualifying but going on to win the trophy. It should be for winners. And if they are so set on keeping top 4 English at least bring in knockout earlier. Group stages are dung.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 23:42

I agree with that.
It's called the champions league.
Not the champions, runners up, and third league.
Should be one team from each country's top league.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 May 23:57

It’s a closed shop now widders! when a major deal is made about a club like Ajax getting to the semi finals you know the game is up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 May 08:12

Some so called football expert was saying this morning on 5live that IF, (and it's a very big IF) City were to be barred from the CL... It wouldn't happen overnight and most likely wouldn't effect next seasons CL as City would appeal against any decision which would slow the whole process up significantly.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: