DAFC.net
Home 21 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chris Hughton
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 13 May 11:33

Has been sacked by Brighton. Seems really harsh after keeping them up for two seasons. Comes across as a top man so hopefully he's not out of work for too long.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chris Hughton
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Mon 13 May 11:52

Believe I seen a stat earlier though...won 3 from the last 23 games!

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cjp1981  
Date:   Mon 13 May 11:55

Did a great job and seems a really nice guy but like a lot of clubs that get promoted and then stabilize for a few seasons their is a desire created by the fans then to 'push on' whether realistic or not.

I think the general consensus from Brighton fans (listening to Talksport) was that they didn't think Hughton was the man to push them on, I think his brand of football was deemed a bit defensive and negative too.

Be careful what you wish for is what I say, look at the likes or Charlton, Ipswich, Blackburn, Stoke even. All got rid of their Manager's as they had dillusions that they could be more successful AND play more attractive football, a difficult thing to do, most of them have paid the price and if anything have gone backwards
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 13 May 12:59

They did finish poorly, however there aim has to be to stay up, a FA cup semi final as well. He has 2 vg centre halfs and goalie so has a decent base to build next season. Shocking decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 13 May 13:17

He does seem to be one of the good guys. Will be interesting to see how they perform and league placing next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 13 May 13:21

I can’t say I’m surprised. He is a good guy but rumours abound that the players were none too happy with the style of play? Can’t have been much fun for the fans either. Hardly a goal scored in ten games.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 13 May 13:38

His signings have been pretty awful and it's not as if they've been cheap either. They have been set up really defensively and don't score enough goals. That's fine when the defence is working but when they aren't at the top of their game they struggle to get even get one goal at the other end.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 13 May 13:50

It was the correct decision, he'd been there for over 4 years and this season in particular they scraped survival, imagine Cardiff won that game against Palace they would've gone down.

The objective was to stay up but surely more comfortable than that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 13 May 15:53

He'll get another gig no problem. Seems to do well wherever he is. Possibly just came to a natural end at Brighton - a change could be good for both.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 13 May 15:58

This whole thread reminds me of something , somewhere, ..........................
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Mon 13 May 16:55

It is the old question of whether it is better to play boring football and stay up or play more attractive football and potentially go down.

If a team like Brighton can be guaranteed that they will be a yoyo club and bounce between the top two divisions then it could be worth the risk. Unfortunately there are no guarantees in football and they could easily find themselves in the third tier in 2 years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 13 May 17:58

Yeah looking at the form guide, unless he pulled some great signings or changed something they were going to be a shoe in for relegation next year.

They may well still be but at least they gave it a shot with a new man.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Mon 13 May 22:24

This smacks of another club thinking they are better than they are.
Brighton are not a long term Premiership team.
The fact Hughton has kept them up again should be seen as success.
Poor decision.

I still shake my head at Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton being in the top league while teams like Villa, WBA, Leeds to name a few are lower down.

Tin hat on!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Tue 14 May 08:17

Odds already reduced to 3/1 for him to become the next Celtic boss.

I wouldn't fancy a poke with that....your blade ma'am
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Tue 14 May 11:11

He won’t do well there. He isn’t one of them fortunately.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 14 May 12:22

Ha...
Reminds me of my first day working in Greenock back in 1995.
I was asked "are ye wan o them.... Or wan o us? By a Celtic supporter.
Only answer I could think of quickly enough was..." neither neebur... I'm fae Fife"
Which went down reasonably well luckily🤣

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: