DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rovers v QOS
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 15 May 07:25

I don't often say this, but c' mon the Rovers!

:)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers v QOS
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Wed 15 May 07:30

Yip, need something a wee bit tasty now the mutants have gone. We do however need to be mindful that they are a wee team.

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1957Par  
Date:   Wed 15 May 07:37

They're just a wee team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 15 May 08:03

Would be better for us to have Raith up and Queens to go down. Dobbie is a reason in himself.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Wed 15 May 08:18

C'Mon the Rovers!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 15 May 08:40

Game live on Alba tonight

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mach1  
Date:   Wed 15 May 09:10

No, no, no, Geordie Munro!

Better for our sparse coffers to have derbies with Rovers I'd say.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Wed 15 May 09:50

Hope the wee team get pumped and swim in the sea for another year with the 6 fingered falkirk weirdos
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 15 May 10:06

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Wed 15 May 09:50

Hope the wee team get pumped and swim in the sea for another year with the 6 fingered falkirk weirdos

Whilst that is an amusing proposition... think I'd prefer to see us count their money whilst pumpin their team next season!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 15 May 10:16

Rovers would be the preferred option, not only to make up for our loss of 4 derby matches v Grangemouth, but also because you can bet your house AJ will have QOS well fired up for their games against us next season, should they stay up.

Not so much a case of revenge, as feeling he and SC have a point to prove. Incidentally, we did have QOS as "derby" opposition at New Year in 1964, I think? They were in the relegation zone, so I was gutted we could only draw 0-0.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Wed 15 May 12:17

Mon the Queens!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Wed 15 May 15:35

Mon the Rovers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Inchkeithpar  
Date:   Wed 15 May 17:08

I want QOS to win for a few reasons , obviously it’s against rovers and because my mate Scott mercer plays for them, having said that I want rovers to win to get it right up AJ and so we have a few exciting games next season and also so that Stephen Dobbie is nowhere near us !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1957Par  
Date:   Wed 15 May 20:11

Unless a miracle happens, can't see Rovers coming up. Wee team 0 QOS 2
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 15 May 20:31

Another year in League one looks odds on for Rovers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Wed 15 May 20:32

How the hell did we get beat off that mob? Shows you how bad we were.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 15 May 20:58

From a financial point of view - worst case scenario - this could see us lose Falkirk and Dundee Utd and get QOS and Hamilton. Pretty grim!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Wed 15 May 21:00

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Wed 15 May 20:58

From a financial point of view - worst case scenario - this could see us lose Falkirk and Dundee Utd and get QOS and Hamilton. Pretty grim!

Not if QOS and Hamilton are weaker than those teams and we gain league placings and prize money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 15 May 21:07

Quote:

Surely Dundee will more or less balance out the loss of United and will Hamilton really bring less than Ross County?

At the other end, any financial loss of Arbroath replacing Falkirk is more than made up in comedy value.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 15 May 21:38

I dont think Raith looked too shabby. They created several good chances and that late goal gives them some hope. If they can score early ye nivver ken.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 15 May 23:11

Quote:

DBA, Wed 15 May 21:00

Quote:

Not if QOS and Hamilton are weaker than those teams and we gain league placings and prize money.

Nail on the head the weaker the league the better our chances are

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 15 May 23:29

Quote:

back oh the net, Wed 15 May 23:11

Quote:

Quote:

Too often it’s about finances and in fairness considering where we’ve come from that’s sensible. However when it comes to crowds I reckon we could get an extra 1500 if we were playing well and winning .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 15 May 23:29

GG,

I was at that 0-0 draw in January 1964 and saw one of the greatest performances of goalkeeping ever from Alan Ball, the QOS keeper. George Farm was QOS manager at the time but had dropped himself in favour of Ball who was obviously better. My memory is of him making 'impossible' saves from Kerray, Dickson and Peebles. Ball was later given a standing ovation at Easter Road when he defied Hibernian for over an hour in a cup tie. He was an exceptional goalie, passed over by Sunderland since they signed Jim Montgomery of the famous 'Lorimer save' instead of him.

Nowadays it seems the supporters have been corporatized and are talking about money and revenue. When you think like directors you might stop being supporters. At the end of the day we have to beat who is in front of us next season. If we do that then money does not come into it.

sammer

Post Edited (Wed 15 May 23:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 May 23:37

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Wed 15 May 23:29

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Too often it’s about finances and in fairness considering where we’ve come from that’s sensible. However when it comes to crowds I reckon we could get an extra 1500 if we were playing well and winning .

Again nail on the head we start winning and playing entertaining football and that will draw a bigger crowd not really one for wishing rivals good luck as I’m pretty sure if it was us they would be hoping we got cuffed

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Wed 15 May 23:40

Quote:

back oh the net, Wed 15 May 23:37

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Again nail on the head we start winning and playing entertaining football and that will draw a bigger crowd not really one for wishing rivals good luck as I’m pretty sure if it was us they would be hoping we got cuffed

That shows you where Scottish football is . We as fans are beginning to think about finances rather than blootering the lino sniffers or Grangemouth Chernobyl.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 May 23:50

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Wed 15 May 23:40

Quote:

back oh the net, Wed 15 May 23:37

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That shows you where Scottish football is . We as fans are beginning to think about finances rather than blootering the lino sniffers or Grangemouth Chernobyl.

Exactly the day we start having to count on big gates 4 times a season is the day we should shut up shop if going without 4 home derby matches next season makes our route to the playoffs/promotion easier then so be it

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:10

Alan Ball was a great wee keeper, Sammer. I can still see him lying flat out, face down in the mud, distraught after we'd scored a later winner against QOS in the Scottish Cup 4th round tie at EEP in 1974.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bobopar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 11:59

Was at the game last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. But what was apparent was the lack of Kirkcaldy public who decided to turn up to shout on their team. I was expecting it to be tough to get a parking space on the prom car park but no such problems as I was running late. Less than 2500 at the game with more than 300 from Dumfries.

We were in main stand and almost had a complete row to ourselves.

Queens were much slicker, good movement up front even allowing for Donnie obviously not even at 80%.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 16 May 12:18

Quote:

Surely Arbroath are replacing Falkirk? QoS have been in this league for longer than we have! As pointed out though, Dundee will bring bigger crowds than Ross County did and is a much shorter away trip for us (even if it looks like it’ll be ridiculously expensive).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kevhodge1990  
Date:   Fri 17 May 16:25

Found it amusing that AJ uses all 3 subs!! 😱 Maybe learning from his mistakes with us??
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end