DAFC.net
Home 26 May 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Qs for Supporters Council Mtg tonight
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 16 May 08:06

To save me from going through various threads, could I ask you all (not attending tonight) to post your (sensible!) questions below - and I’ll ask as many as I can, on your behalf, in the time given.

I’ll have a separate thread on the go for the actual updates.

Cheers.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Qs for Supporters Council Mtg tonight
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 09:11

Is there any update on Callum Davidson's Future? Has been offered a Contract?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:00

What happened with Lee Robinson?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:09

Are players like Devine and Hippolyte apart of plans for next season or have they been told to find new clubs?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:11

Lee Robinson question is a good one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:16

The Walk Up Price aged 60-64 which I hope to speak on.

Though I am missing Malta in the Eurovision Song Contest Grand Concours de la Chanson Eurovision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:20

Has the fans forum ‘dafc.net’ had a notable, negative affect on any of the members of the squad over the last year.

If so, what can we as fans do to help with this.

I already know the answer, but it would be good to hear from the club themselves. Of course the disgusting, very personal insults on this easily accessible website are going to affect human beings who are trying their best to do their jobs.

But aye, I’d like this to be brought up if at all possible buffy. Thanks in advance.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:24

[Post Deleted] - Personal attack on club or player
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 10:27

The current financial structure of the SPFL, which provides for the money to Championship Clubs to be split according to their final league position, leaves very slim pickings to more than half the clubs in the league. Added to this, parachute payments give an unfair advantage to clubs relegated from the Premier Division.

It is accepted that Scottish football does not compete financially with the English game, but it seems that in recent years the divide has got larger with clubs in the English lower divisions earning significantly more than us because they operate a financially even split system in each division.

Are there any moves to challenge the current remuneration system in Scottish football to perhaps mirror the English model?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Thu 16 May 11:40

I accept that we incurred a loss in the Challenge Cup because we were unlucky enough to have away ties in Inverness and London, but what was the situation with the new BBC contract for Friday Night Football? Am I right in thinking that home clubs lose significant revenue? Surely the idea of sponsorship coming into the game is meant to be of financial benefit.
Would be grateful if this could be raised.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 16 May 11:45

I'd like some assurances that Sammy is going to "up his game" in regards to shenanigans & general tomfoolery this coming season as I feel he has taken his eye off the baw somewhat.
We need the old Sammy back!!!
Important question I'm sure you will agree 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 16 May 12:46

For a variety of reasons we really struggled to score goalsast season, and often our style of play could be considered rather pragmatic with the striker often isolated, however the youth sides from what I've seen seem a bit more willing to get the ball down and play. With the management team often speaking about aligning the youth and the senior squads is Crawford planning on playing more expansively with his own squad after a full pre season of working on his ideas?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Thu 16 May 13:01

West Fife has always produced footballers.

Are we going to start integrating our youth players into the first team?

I'd like to see 4 or 5 in the team - Give youth a chance.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 16 May 13:02

Regarding the 'new' transfer policy of signing mostly young hungry players and a couple of experienced players, will there be more of an emphasis on signing players that will fit into a cohesive system rather than signing individuals purely for the sake of their individual ability, as this seemed to be part of our issue last season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cjp1981  
Date:   Thu 16 May 13:08

Controversial question and would've like to have asked this myself but I'm coaching tonight so can't make it. Appreciate if you don't want to ask this one but....

What have the board seen by way of team performance over the last 6 months that indicates that the current management team are capable of a) overhauling the squad and b) achieving realistic goals that you will be setting them for this season? and is there an argument that the team actually went backwards (in terms of performance and playing style) over that period?

P.S I agree the subject of Robinson's complete removal of the squad needs an explanation.

As of course does the point pertaining to Sammy's mild mannered approach these days! :-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Thu 16 May 13:26

Give it a rest over Lee Robinson!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: lewis17  
Date:   Thu 16 May 13:38

With regards to playing style which I appreciate can differ depending on opposition and is often misunderstood my the general fan. I seem to remember at a previous supporters council there was a question asked of AJ along the lines of whether or not we would be looking to sign a more physical(taller) attacking presence in order to help up change up systems. AJ answered this by suggesting he preferred to sign quick strikers that would make runs in behind. Hence we haven't signed a striker over 6ft since...Andy Barrowman? (Muirhead would perhaps fall into this category but he was largely played out wide or not at all). This strategy hasn't exactly paid dividends this season.

Will we be looking to sign a player capable of being a more productive aerial threat, even if not to be a first team regular but to provide us with another option to turn a game. I appreciate that it is easier said than done to sign the right player to do this and fit in with our transfer policy but it would be good to know if this is something being recognised and considered.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 13:54

Jings - that’s me going to be kept busy! Thanks folks. Keep em coming.

Sliema- you’re no getting any cakes if you bring up that list from your question. I’ll happily report that in fact I’ve slapped you across the back o yer heid next to the wa’!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 14:02

buffy: I only intend asking about the Walk Up price for those aged 60-64 ,a cohort which does NOT include me.

PS I am missing Malta in the Eurovision Song Contest for this!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 16 May 14:04

The Lee Robinson one was dealt with at the time. Crawford wanted a keeper that could work with the first team all week in training.

Perfectly sensible. That is why he went and signed a better keeper than the part-timer who had the job when he took over.

Gill then occupied the space on the subs bench as he has a future at the club whereas Robinson was on his way out.

Simple as that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: QPR_Par  
Date:   Thu 16 May 14:15

My question is on the same topic as OzPar and ParPlod about distribution of money. The Premier League clubs get the lion's share of the Friday night live coverage. It would be interesting to know if any of the TV money and sponsorship for the Challenge Cup goes to the Premier clubs as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 16 May 14:40

The BBC deal for Friday night games goes to the general pool of money for the SPFL. If the Championship clubs demanded all the money from that went to them, the Premiership clubs would no doubt say that they should keep even more of the Sky/BT money since they are involved in well over 90% of those games... the teams outwith the Premiership would be a lot worse off. The Challenge Cup TV deal is hardest to unpack since Premier Sport haven't taken up their options on the competition for the last 2 seasons and BT showed this years semi final and final when there was no announcement of them taking over anyone's rights. I suspect any TV money for this competition goes to the clubs involved in live games and/or towards the travel expense pool of money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 15:17

Is Jackson longridge leaving the club ?

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cjp1981  
Date:   Thu 16 May 15:30

Have you heard something nazpar?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 15:38

There's another thread on the forum saying he is leaving

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GAndy  
Date:   Thu 16 May 16:04

Why was there a significant bump up in season ticket prices for the forthcoming season? It seems a little harder to justify paying it after the season we've just had. That not only didn't produce results but also wasn't entertaining in the slightest. Is it simply a case of trying make sure we don't incur another loss in the books?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 16 May 16:13

Yes will be the short answer to that one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 16 May 16:38

What brand of football is Crawford looking for, because the stuff served up in his short spell in charge was turgid. Is he recruiting to suit that system ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:50

What are boards ambitions for the season ahead? (If you get a chance to ask Buffy please)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:25

^^^^^
Same, what are the management (seriously) aiming for on the pitch next season with our much reduced and probably younger playing squad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:59

Can you ask the board why they felt the need to offer discount tickets to 60-64 year olds in the first place? Can you also congratulate them for winding Sliema up for me.
Cheers

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:17

LOL Frank!
I wasnt the only one banging ma heid against the wall when he pipped up with his question

In relation to the discount offered, it was because the concession tickets started at 60 and now it's been moved to 65. We offered the lower prices as it was probably an incentive after the administration - something that other clubs didn't do, and now we're playing catch up with regard to the financial loss made (this is imo btw). That's the impression I got.

AlterPar - hope your question was answered re dotnet.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:34

I will say this one last time for the avoidance of doubt.

I am NOT in the 60-64 age group and,as a Season Ticket holder,the Walk Up price rise has no effect whatever on me.

However,I put a question which four Walk Up fans had asked me to raise.

Ross explained the Board's position more than adequately.

Time will tell if we haemorrhage support from that age group.I hope Ross is proved correct.

For me the subject is closed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 16 May 23:25

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 16 May 22:34

I will say this one last time for the avoidance of doubt.

I am NOT in the 60-64 age group and,as a Season Ticket holder,the Walk Up price rise has no effect whatever on me.

However,I put a question which four Walk Up fans had asked me to raise.

Ross explained the Board's position more than adequately.

Time will tell if we haemorrhage support from that age group.I hope Ross is proved correct.

For me the subject is closed.

Thank goodness for that. Can you also stop going on about Joe Cardle, Lee Robinson, and start getting behind Stevie Crawford while you are at it
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end