DAFC.net
Home 16 December 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Live Updates for the Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:48

Evening folks,
Just to say that word has obviously got out about my buns being on offer as there is a very healthy support here tonight already, with ten mins to go.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates for the Supporters Council Meeting
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:50

Are latecomers welcome as I doubt I could get there till about ten past?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:50

I've been given a list of questions from pars fans on pie & bovril - again I will try to get through as many as possible. Apologies if I don't get to all of them, or a smidgeon of them - considering the amount of folk here already I may be out of time but I will try.

If they're not published on here through the meeting then I will try to follow them up later after I'm home.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:52

Of course redstarpar - just pay yer dues at the door ;D

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:53

Good luck Buffy!

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:54

AGENDA:

Introduction - John Russell
Chairman: Ross McArthur
Assistant Head Coach: Greg Shields
Head Coach: Stevie Crawford
AOB and Close: John Russell
Typing fur Scotland and bringer of cakes: yours truly

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 18:56

So the official attendance so far is ..... 75 with standees at the back.

Gulp

Glad I've got ma guid frock and the fake tan oan

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:00

I misread your opening piece - I thought you said your bums on offer lol - just thinking that’s going above and beyond for the club hahaha
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:01

Now around 100 people in - officially that's 3,400 ;D

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:05

I'm logged in to you, but I've sent Duncan to the meeting in my place.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:17

Now around 100 people in - officially that's 3,400 ;D

Brilliant -made me laugh out loud !
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:29

Supporters' Council Meeting
16th May 2019
Agenda

A few comment about the Centenary club lifeline - there are people here tonight from the club who can sign you up and part with your money.

Busy tonight - bear with me (and me!).

Chairman of the Board - Ross McArthur

Before we start, everyone is well aware of where the club is running at the moment, thank everyone for their support last season, a difficult season, a lot of people here who almost are here every day including myself - without you - all of you - we wouldnt have a club.

Last season - talk about whats happening in the close season - Stevie and Greig doing a q&a session too.

In summary it cetainly was a challenging season, so many different things that could have gone wrong, and did go wrong, underperformance on the park which affects every aspect of the business, the walk up fans, the replica kit, the hospitality, right across the business, and it was a very difficult season.

The financial year isn't yet finished, we have literally no income now until the start of the new season, the close season, and this has to be thought about.

Retain capital reserves were depleted this season, the board have to reduce costs and increase income which is a massive challenge for a full time club, the size of the stadium.

Same assumptions as the previous seasons - no wild assumptions at all.Poor home form caused attendances to drop significantly, the walk up receipts which we get was a six figure drop.

Associated cost, the salary costs are higher, championship and premiership clubs are banded together, our costs are a lot higher than they were four seasons ago.

Unprecedented - five changes in management.
Allan and Sandy, two different physios and John Potter left also.
13 operations now 14 operations on players . it's been horrendous.

Related costs, play offs, pre op consultations, overnight stays - it has been a very hard period. 3 or 4 operations in the first season we took over.

Four home matches displaced at 3pm.
Backed the Manager at the start of hte season, on paper a good line up of players.
An encouraging start at Dundee, but league season was very disappointing.
Most competitive Championship since promotion play offs were introduced but standard is pretty challenging to watch and type of football not entertaining.
Good league cup campaign, unlucky to lose to Hearts
Losing out on Scottish Cup revenue at Kirkcaldy
Challenge Cup well named! Lost money in that campaign.

Budgeting for next season, tickets, centenary, attendances, know who is in the league, shop, catering

Falkirk no longer in the league - we could lose Dundee United too
We will lose two whole games to a friday evening
Admission fee increased by £2 per game - not ideal time but no other option. Pretty competitive compared to say Dundee - £26!
Season tickets - 43% are sold at full price - average prices is £9 per s ticket.
Walk up £11.62 per ticket income - kept the same for the last 3 seasons
- have to bring in extra income - no sugar daddy to top us up.
Community Club needs the backing of the community with everyone doing their bit - in good times and bad.
Trying to boost sponsorship and advertising income
Looking at other means of further investment - new equity

Football - strategy
Invested in a diligent enthsiastic coaching staff who can develop young players - spoke to SC and GS in January - these guys are used to dealing with younger players, the sad thing is you've not seen the results this season - their man management skills have not yet been seen with regard ot the young players. The reserves have been good. One or two players we have been keeping our eyes on.
Looking to recruit young hungry players, right characters, players who are happy to be here rather than players who think they are doing us a favour.
Want to develop players as assets, looking to get at least 2 or 3 experienced players in.

Squad shape
14 players under contract end of season
Planning of summer trandfer window started in february
looking at a player squad - 30 (20 plus 10 reserves)
9 existing players were not offered terms for next season
4 loan players returned to their parent clubs
6 existing players (first team and reserves) have agreed to re-sign
WE CANNOT NAME THESE PLAYERS AS YET AS WORK IS STILL ONGOING IN THE BACKGROUND

Contracts - prove really difficult - some only want 1 year as they think they have potential to get up a league - because of where we are, many players we dont attrat dont want those 2 year contracts

Jackie McNamara - looking to improve scouting and recruitment - should be some good news soon on that aspect.

2019-20 Season:

Our club really needs YOUR support - we cannot afford the season like the one we've have
Renew or purchase a season ticket
join, or re-join, the centenary club lifeline
encourage friends and families
encourage the young players and get behind them
purchase our replica kit next season
look to use the facilities at East End Park for parties or family occasions
Volunteer your time and skills to the club

We need positivity - around the whole club.
Abusing the players do not help anyone.
Some people think the club runs itself - everyone here are volunteers - all doing that to help the club - please give us your skills / transferrable skills - please come forward and help.

Sincere thanks on behalf of the Board for your continued support, we do not take it for granted, we have challenges that face the club, but if we stick together and we can move the club forward.

Genuinely believe the coaching staff we have are an exciting prospect and we are positive about the new season to come.

Thanks.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:36

Great work so far Buffy!

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:37

I will second that - Thanks Buffy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:55

"Now around 100 people in - officially that's 3,400 ;D"

Brilliant -made me laugh out loud !

Ditto - an absolute stonker !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 19:57

Questions from the floor -
Sliema Par - 60-64 walk up fans - a big game like Dundee, if it's warm weather, if the pars win the next six matches £12 to £20 is a concern - these are those people.
Ross - we inherited a price strategy - overly complicated - people are working longer, in that bracket too, as well as younger people - we look at all these different things - if you buy a season ticket (£11 per game for this age range) - we are also conscious of - the age profile in the centenary club are that range too - trying to balance that out - you still get a big discount but in terms of walk up we have tried to balance out - not only do people come forward to offer their time, older fans aged 60 and over, we are happy to pay the full price, in a position to do this, launched the Gold Card - a large number of 60+ cant get a season ticket, it's there if they want to do it, there will always be an age group that feel disadvantaged, under12s are now £18 and some people were using children's tickets to gain free access to the stadium and it's galling.

Q - Alan - the 14 operations - would the club not have insurance for something like that? we have to have something for players ? 2 games for friday evenings - can we not sort that? we dont want alba here, is there no way we can do that?

R - what do you think the cost would be to take out to cover the playing staff? - £85,000 to take out an insurance policy - exclusions for previous injuries, excess level, it just isn't worth it - factor these in, so it's easy to think we should have these kind of things but the costs are too high.
£85,000 is the cost of insurance - cost of operations is more than that, pay the excesses it would be a lot more than that.
Championship TV - we do not get any benefit to change it from a friday to a saturday - either than the ad boards to show the game. This is part of a bigger cerntral revenue - it goes into the spfl distribution - we only get a small part of that. We cant change the day of the game. The SPFL were very good re the falkirk game - they did try and work with us - we just have to have those two games.

Q - Operating budget from last season - whats our expectations for next season - what are we budgeting on for this season
A - Our budget doesnt start til end of June - cup games, matchday hospitality, raw matchday catering, it's taken a hit this season

Q - Ayr (full time) - Alloa (part time) - how did they do it and we didn't
A - Alloa = they were fantastic, take my hat off to Jim Goodwin. Ayr have paid more for their players this season - saw what happened to Morton, one contract, manager goes, chief exec goes, all clubs will be cutting their cloth this season - qos talking about going part time. it's going to be challenging, half a million parachute payment for teams coming down, partick got £350,000.

Q - financial challenges whats your opinon on expanding the championship - two colt teams?
A - first part if you think about a couple of weeks ago, you are looking at half the league were possibly going down, thistle could have been in play off spot, try and get a fairer distribution - bottom £160,000 top is £450,000 - just in the championship, everyone apart from one club sees the sense in that, full time football, and if we have that fairer distribution and you finish 7th you get 1% you get 1.1% which makes a huge difference.
new tv deal - next season -

16 - 44 games, what's the pricing model, here's another £80 on your season ticket for the extra games, i think it would be good to have a 12 team championship, but the implications from that goes all the way down the other leagues - the media assume it was celtic and rangers colts - the intention is for highland and lowland league teams that want colts in.

Q - GG - 23% of the total, 42 clubs - the distributions needs to be a lot better, the only teams to object to that are the top two.
A - 6/7 yrs ago when rangers went down the leagues there was a chance to change it, they (SFL) didn't do it, celtic and rangers have the tv companies, and the formats, we are through at hampden on a regular basis and the top two hold all the power, making the best of what we can from the scraps, look at the distribution in the championship is something we can do it, there's a bigger top up from the new tv deal for the championship, the best that we can hope for.

Q - in agreement with championship clubs for split of money
A - acceptance / majority - one of the problems that two of the representatives that look after the championship boards are on the spfl are owners of the clubs - they leave us high and dry - they understand the issues we all have but trying to get it through is difficult

Q - legends - all but given on it - shut ten times after games this season, £4 for a tin of guinness - charlieDs then open but don;t have the beer we want.
A - in terms of legends, if we are trying to have parties etc we have to say it's only to 6pm, as terms of prices I don't know, if you're saying then it's dear, we can look at it, the drinks are more expensive (open to the floor but most fans are happy to pay at legends / charlieDs) - only closed for functions.

Q - Sliema - do we have to take part in the Irn Bru Cup? can we exit early?
A - we have to enter it as it's cup competition. english / welsh / irish clubs - borehamwood cost the club money.

Q - dotnet
A - ross doesnt go on dotnet, no social media players, we are all individuals, all our families etc have had to put up with a lot last season ansd the ones before. it's unacceptable, people need to realise where it goes - 24/7 means instant information but it's the minority who cause problems - I dont know if the players go on it - lots of good stuff on social media.
Club is running a mental health awareness - good for everyone.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:00

Greg Shields

So proud of our support - I was very happy to come from North Carolina - I take pride in my work every day (my wife says since I' ve not been as happy since 2004....)

2019 Reserves - goal round up -
First impressions - plan
Build up with video
Player Positional Development Plan
Thanks

Video will be showing now - sorry I cannae work the webcam (it'll just show ye me enjoying ma coca cola and getting a wee rest...)

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:04

Q - Sliema - do we have to take part in the Irn Bru Cup? can we exit early?
A - we have to enter it as it's cup competition. english / welsh / irish clubs - borehamwood cost the club money.

Why do we "have to" enter it ?

Serious question - did the club agree to compete annually when the competition was established.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:11

The reserves games take place at New Central Park

Just a wee mention - oan here masel - I do post match reports for Kelty Hearts Ladies for their home games on a Sunday afternoon. Come ally a couple of pounds to get in.

Right, back to the meeting.....

Obstacles - so many backroom staff changes- after Stevie comes in, then there's me. Im very happy with the reserves. Trying to change the mindsets of the youngsters, make them good in their minds that they are good at what they do. First training session - work ethic - trying to impress me. Just play.
Im going to wait a day / 3 days after I saw them.
2 weeks have to be challenged every day.
Not a lot of tactical sessions - who wants to win, who wants to compete.
Bert Paton watched training but never said anything - all about challenging.
Coach driven / player driven. At the start they were player driven, after that it was coach driven because i want to teach them.
In the latter part of the season - look at the raith rovers game, the players attitudes werent good, knew rovers would win because they had a different attitude.
how to get the best -
some players want to stay next to you, some players need to work out more
tried to get to grasps with that
coach player - does the player trust me? comes from one to one sessions, what I'm coaching them. do they apply it on the pitch? they will trust you if you see it on the pitch. can you do it? im testing you. apply it in game time.
coach player trust is massive - over 4/6 weeks - then evaluations - that relationship you have to have with the younger players.
training game focus - what i was teaching in training, thats what i wanted them to play - no identity before i came along, now there is, overcome a few hurdles, get the focus on the team.

(There are diagrams for this section of the meeting - I can't type everything out so I will presume there will be more of this on COWs).

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:13

Im hoping that some of the earlier questions from the floor have been answered for those of you on here - for Ross to answer, of course.

I'll ask the questions, as much as I can, for Greg and then Stevie. Apologies if there is duplication from the floor.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:20

It's aw aboot formations, and how to transfer paper and training work to the pitch for the games. It's going in wan ear and oot the other for me, sorry.

I just want to read numbers oan the backs of shirts, and have a warm derriere and fingers every season.

None o this formation malarkey.

I have to say though I could listen to Greg Shields every day of the week.
I can see Stevie C shaking in his gutties at the top table....

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:25

Youth to Pro Pathway - Greg says he loves his job, every one of the players really enjoy it and that's most important to me.

Great reception for Greg.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:41

Greg Shields doesn't half talk! Haha
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:44

Q - from the floor - who does the coaching for the first team?
A - myself, Stevie and Callum

Ross - taking the mic - you're talking about results, really difficult to come in halfway through the season to take everything on. No idea what Stevie had to put up with when he first come in, I see what Stevie brings in and we hope he will give you everything you all come to expect. Appreciate it does come down to results, it's about dealing with what you have at your disposal, he cant repeat what has happened in the past (there are ladies present, Im no sure who's he talking about cos I just giggled out loud at that....).

Q - Raith Rovers - the attitude from the guys in the reserves - never seen so many players come down with cramp, first class attitude in that match.

Q - Squad - how many of the first team players are reserves?
A - you're allowed as many as you want back in, no limit on it, when coaching the reserve groups, I'd rather have the young guys as they have more energy.
All players go through different types of assessment and mind thinking.
The youth team run through Fife League now. Other clubs are droppin their reserves so the Pars are a big interest to a lot of youngsters.
Monday / Tuesday at 2pm

Q - McCann / Todd - a fan for 55 years - every team had a leader, someone to look up to - the last couple of years, we need someone, like in the past, is it in the plans to get a more and better leader on the park? I was a big ugly centre half (the folk here laughed when they said "used to be" LOL)

Q - some speculation in the media, big clubs about to pull out.
A - Ive never picked up a newspaper, not on dotnet or social media (except the reserve stuff on Twitter); that's fine if clubs want to leave, then do it. More experienced players for us.

Q - Is there any comparison with coaching in America than in Scotland?
A - Yes. The differences are the American players are very technical, on the ball. on the ground, the right way to play, play in heat, the biggest difference is sheer heart. Tactical piece was massive. US kids are very affluent, education high. They got really good things but didnt have a care on the pitch. If you dont have heart and desire there's not much you can do.
A year in, I coached a youth fellowship team. The kids would come up to me after match - got to do homework not train. The education and job piece is very big for those kids. That was the hurdle. We had a lot of Hispanic player and they had the drive the passion and they lit it up. They wanted to be there, the kids would make it.

Q - how long do you think you are going to need and how many players can come into the first team.
A - three every two years - all these kids are not going to make it but if we can break them in at the right time and the right opportunities. I think under my guidance they will be in a better place, to come in as a youth player with the

Q - has the job been harder than you thought?
no - this is what we get, im honest, im upfront, (i joked modest), i've realy enjoyed it, result wise the first team is the hardest part and when we are winning we came back - walked down dalgety bay we should enjoy winning., as a player week to week, as a coach from one week we are hoping to win, that the uips and own of being in the job and there are so many didfferent factors we werent playing good football, flpped side is will we lose a silly goal against ayr . dundee united, affected their confidence, lwe want players to work hard.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:48

Buffy you are a star
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 16 May 20:58

Is the meeting finished yet?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 21:13

Stevie Crawford:

Thanking everyone coming here tonight, the support for the team to the end of the season. It's a community club, and Im free to answer questions from anyone tonight, season was hard and it was important to get wins on the board but we were overlooking our shoulder to a league that we didn't want to go down to.

Im protective of players, try to be respectful because I dont want to side step and hang players' washing in public.

Q - the formations, throughout the season, long balls, no push until the last ten / 15 mins into the game - we want more commitment.

Q - Is there any way in the training schedule for the players to get more than a 50-50
A - we ended in 7th place because we werent getting the 50=50 balls. I wasnt the most physical player - no one had to ask Greg to go out and play there, it was a given, Bert Paton, Leishman, they all had different styles. it was all about better formations.

Slightly smaller squad - in terms of recruitment - we've got to be articulate, go about to get players in several positions, that they can bring positivity to the squad, 33 goals isnt good enough, we shut up shop, in how we go forward, now got an opportunity in the close season, pressing high up the park, coming off the game and luring teams into traps and look better in the counter attack. Man for man, we need to recruit and who wants to play with the dunfermline badge on their chest.

Q - callum davidson
A - he was out of work, had done a pro licence with callum, he was working at stirling uni, he's got to work out for himself if he is going to be working full time at the club. if im asking the players to be fully committed then callum has to be fully committed too. Ive asked this to him himself, and it is up to him to take this forward.

Q - Sally - what's Jackie McNamara/s role
A - working with greg and we brought in Jackie - he's in the role football side to Ross, knew him for years, u20s for the scotland side, Jackie has been instrumental in the background, plenty of experiences on that side of things, he also, at dundee united, he brought through Souttar (at age 16) and a younger squad of players, people think of the bad times but he has lots of experience, and he is well respected in the game, across europe not just Britain.

Q - Are you the manager / head coach? Unique for the club to have one / other?
A - See when things are hard, people stand up to be counted, so I want everyone to be positive in this room, how do we make dafc a better football club, it's a great honour, it's to follow in the footsteps of those in years gone back, i judge myself, on the last 8 games there, could i have done better, could i have done something different tactics, i did it with the best intentions with this club, if i have failed then i am trying to make the pars a better football club, im lucky with the board and coaching staff. Ive been given the opportunity of doing something special.

Stevie - i played in teams where youth were given an opportunity, to come in for Potts' role was a massive compliment. The youth element are important.
I'll be here for the next 12 months. Im not trying to pat myself on the back. If you want players to be honest, I could have went and been an assistant somewhere else but from what I saw I didnt know I was goin to be asked to be the manager. There has to be an honesty about the club - some people can be so judgemental - I never applauded fans after a defeat as a player - in my heart after a defeat i felt embarassed, if i clapped it would be a false impression. Everything you give you h

Lee Robinson - never a problem with lee, great competion for places, ryan scully, hes done terrifically well, offered a new contract, a good servant to the club, and Lee is one of the ones that have moved on.

Q - Sliema - experienced players in?
A - yes, three or four names would want to come in, how many players are out there, michael gardyne, is he going to win tackles, ross draper, good type, if he becomes available, it comes out to finances, we will cover everything we can, if the one thing that ive always said, we wont bring experience in if they dont bring what we want. IAN FERGUSON comes in, relationship wth dinger and barry nicholson, barry standing outside of the ball, free kick, dressing room after the game, protective for the players, had barry by the throat, no in a bullying way, if you do that ever again, barry has carried that throughout his career, the academy football i watch is every touch of the ball, but it's a dying breed, if you go to games and watch younger players do, players dont learn for themselves because the coaches are telling them what to do.

Q - alan - do you think youths will take us to the top level?
A - they're the spine of the team, they give foundation, im not promising we are going to be up there winning the league next year, need to be running about, giving their best, from that youth has a chance, there has to be a spine to try our best, to give us a chance to build on, we put up a foundation, a culture, and values to bring back to this football club, anything else after that is for the good of the club.

Q - the least we expected was play offs, then we lost fraser aird, joe cardle, dec mcmanus, we never replaced these guys, i will go to games home and away, to the number 9 for bruce anderson who was up there himself, i felt sorry for him, we need a main striker to get goals, we need wingers, to get midfield
A - i dont disagree with you - i know where you are coming from - was it crap to watch ? yes. we got a wee boost from it, we didnt ask them to punt balls. there has to be a certain level of conditioning, best way to win a formation with the personnel that we had, a long way short totally agree with you and yes we want to provide width someone with pace and creativity recruit wise, if we can encourage passing through the midfield than over his head, this is stuff we can try and address.

it baffles me that the importance of a throw in - we played qos in the air, the worst performances since we came in. after recovery session i took the boys at the start of the game just to take throw ins. the amount of times the ball gets the ball and we give away possession. having to explain to them to receive the ball in the final third. one striker off, inside the box, i dont get why youre coming in 5/6 yards. if a defender tackles, there's a chance of a penalty ==== awnaw mair formations!

What supporter take for granted, and what we can take for granted are two different aspects.

Thanks. Great reception for Stevie Crawford - great transparency and honesty from our manager / assistant coach / head coach / former player / can he bake? nae chance.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 21:16

Meeting ended.

Thanks for reading folks, that's no thunder yer hearing, I've no had ma tea!

Hope it's all come over ok.

Over n oot

Buffy xx

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 16 May 21:27

Thanks.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 16 May 21:28

Quote:

buffy, Thu 16 May 21:16

Meeting ended.

Thanks for reading folks, that's no thunder yer hearing, I've no had ma tea!

Hope it's all come over ok.

Over n oot

Buffy xx

Excellent updates. Thank you very much for providing us with so much information - I couldn’t note as much down as you manage to!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Thu 16 May 21:34

Was there tonight. Interesting that both Ross and Stevie, while not naming names, indicated that there were poisonous influences at the club last season.

Next year is going to be hard, but my impression is they are interested in signing people for character, nearly as much as ability.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC_90  
Date:   Thu 16 May 21:54

Excellent update well done
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:14

What did Ross and Stevie say to give you that impression?

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:25

Quote:

Kyle DAFC, Thu 16 May 22:14

Ross said Stevie had done very well to cope with player behaviour / issues. Stevie said he'd seen nothing like it in 20 years in football and in gaining a pro licence. Someone directly asked about Robinson. Stevie said he had no problem with him. Just preferred Scully.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:35

Any chance of some clarity please

You said there are 6 existing players re signed but can’t be named. On Pie and bovril someone has said there are 5 signings can’t be named due to potential involvement at other clubs

Which is it please? If it’s 6 existing as far as I’m aware only Craigen and Ryan from the first team are left to see what happens and if they had re signed surely we wouldn’t need to wait
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:39

Sure he said it was 5 external players. He said it couldn't be announced yet due to issues with the players existing teams.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:42

5 players signed, 2 have already been revealed and the other 3 will be revealed in due course!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:43

Thanks for updates Lorna. Wee man's birthday so couldn't make it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:43

So that’s another 5 to add on top of Dow and Comrie?

If so 7 new faces surely some optimism for us. Getting some business done early.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:47

No no no. We have 5 players signed and 2 already revealed (Dow & Comrie) with 3 to be announced if it were another 5 on top I would of written that, how could you not understand that?

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:49

Take it easy DR.

Obi is only trying to get clear information.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 May 22:58

DR I’ll tell you why I was writing my post as you were posting so I never saw it.

What’s with the attitude? Some folk are absolute belters
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 17 May 02:03

Great coverage Buffy. Many thanks.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Fri 17 May 04:15

Thanks Buffy, excellent coverage in what must have been difficult circumstances in keeping up with it all, and with a late tea calling out for you!

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Fri 17 May 05:23

Quote:

DRreturns, Thu 16 May 22:47

No no no. We have 5 players signed and 2 already revealed (Dow & Comrie) with 3 to be announced if it were another 5 on top I would of written that, how could you not understand that?

It's 'would have' or 'would've', not 'would of'.

No thanks required.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 17 May 07:07

Quote:

parforthecourse, Thu 16 May 22:25

Quote:

Ross said Stevie had done very well to cope with player behaviour / issues. Stevie said he'd seen nothing like it in 20 years in football and in gaining a pro licence. Someone directly asked about Robinson. Stevie said he had no problem with him. Just preferred Scully.

Nothing like it in 20 years aye?
His assistant has.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Fri 17 May 07:28

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 17 May 07:07

Quote:

parforthecourse, Thu 16 May 22:25

Quote:

Nothing like it in 20 years aye?
His assistant has.

Beat me to it Rastapari!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 17 May 08:46

The comment that they dont want players here who think they are doing us a favour is interesting. We want young hungry players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 17 May 09:11

Quote:

Indiapar, Fri 17 May 08:46

The comment that they dont want players here who think they are doing us a favour is interesting. We want young hungry players.

I would argue that In a situation like that we tell those players who think way that it’s actually us doing them a favour if it wasn’t for us taking a chance on them then they would be on the football scrap heap so say thinks for the opportunity to represent such a great club and put some effort in or you will spend the season warming the bench with only the odd cameo in the reserves

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 May 09:26

I think the nature of the game is difficult ie. You have a squad of players some of whom could be sitting on the bench all season. Most obviously want to play. The question is how do you manage that. I would assume that the club has a bonus scheme in place for players who make the 1st team on the park, come on off the bench, for scoring goals etc.

I think that in the championship, there is not a great deal of difference in teams and skill levels amongst the players in the main. What will make the difference is attitude not only during games but in training etc.

The challenge is to foster a culture of learning and development, maintain morale and instill resilience and confidence. Its a physical sport but its just as important to focus on the mental aspects also.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 May 09:35

“The challenge is to foster a culture of learning and development, maintain morale and instill resilience and confidence. Its a physical sport but its just as important to focus on the mental aspects also”

That’s how Greg came across, IndiaPar. Well put, thanks.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 May 12:12

No problem Buffy. I'm glad to see that the club are looking at these aspects also.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bobopar  
Date:   Sat 18 May 15:57

Fantastic report Buffy, it's the first .net post I have read through for years. The responses from all at the club first class and I am now looking forward to the new season. Hopefully we will get some good luck on and off the pitch, the amount of operations the lads had to go through was gastronomic so hopefully very few in the coming year. Prices at the gate going up is always treated with derision. Think the first time I had to go through the adult gate it was £3 but that was around the 79/80 season and I was on £25 a week and that was 40 years ago and we have to move with the times.

Roll on the 19/20 season COYP.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: