DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jackson Longridge
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 18:37

Does anyone have any idea how much we received got JL?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jackson Longridge
Topic Originator: GAndy  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 18:40

£5
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 18:43

A mars bar supper, glass bottle of irn bru(original), voucher for argos (has to be used by end if month) and a best of eurovision CD signed by Graham Norton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 18:44

Fee was undisclosed.
Surely any original recipe IRN-BRU will be out of date by now? 🤣

Post Edited (Wed 19 Jun 19:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 18:55

I assume it wasn't 'pennies' as was claimed on here. Lang is the 5th signing we have paid compensation for, despite the financial warnings issued before the end of last season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 19:20

best kept hidden until transfer window over
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Wed 19 Jun 21:02

Sold an ace to buy 4 kings....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 10:49

Think the fee will remain confidential. Neither us or Bradford have anything to gain from revealing this information. It’s the same with the development fees we’ve paid. Confidential agreement between the 2 clubs.

Any of these agreements will likely have an up front fee, potentially some instalments and add-ons and/or sell on clauses.

We’ve certainly used some of this money to strengthen other areas of the team. So I’d imagine we got a decent amount, that we felt we could use to improve the team as a whole.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 11:07

Should be easy enough to see when the accounts are finally revealed?-might need to wait some time though as I think our year end is 31st May? Wouldn't imagine it would be hard to see-it's not as if we get lots of fees for players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 11:12

What's the big deal?

We have clearly used the money and paid either Development or transfer for 5 other players now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 13:06

it will come out eventually when the clubs accounts are released wont it?

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 13:42

Quote:

Berkey, Thu 20 Jun 13:06

it will come out eventually when the clubs accounts are released wont it?

No it won’t.

The accounts are abbreviated due to our turnover and therefore don’t show a detailed profit and loss.

No reason to either, it’s confidential information for a reason
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 13:54

To be honest, it wouldn't be too hard to deduce even with abbreviated accounts. The increase in turnover alone would be a good indicator. But as someone has already pointed out, we will have to wait a year or more for the relevant financial results.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 13:56

The boardroom wont let the club be at risk, that is all the information I need

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 14:11

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 20 Jun 13:54

To be honest, it wouldn't be too hard to deduce even with abbreviated accounts. The increase in turnover alone would be a good indicator. But as someone has already pointed out, we will have to wait a year or more for the relevant financial results.

The abbreviated accounts only show a balance sheet, so no indication of turnover.

That said, we’ve been told that match-day revenue was significantly down on last year and we know that we got significantly less prize money. So I don’t know how you would plan to work out the value of the transfer fee received? All of these elements of revenue will vary each year.

This wouldn’t be included til the 19/20 accounts. So, unless we somehow end up with the exact same low level of match-day revenue (which would mean crowds are even lower than last season), I’d be amazed if you could work out a transfer fee from looking at the turnover figures (which aren’t publicly available anyway).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StuPar82  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 14:15

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 20 Jun 13:54

Interestingly, the accounts filed with company house are four pages shorter than the accounts published on COWS, lacking a directors’ report, independent auditors’ report and (more pertinently) an income statement. I suspect James’s post was referring to the officially filed version, as the turnover is not quoted here but is on the version published on COWS.

Not sure I agree though, Oz, that comparing turnover YoY would make it apparent as this includes many moving parts, including: season ticket and walk up ticket income, sponsorship, advertising revenue, TV money, hospitality income etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 14:19

plus if payed in incrementak installments/additional clauses for promotion/number of appearances/sell ons etc never actually know.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 14:22

Well spotted StuPar. I hadn’t realised we’d published a different set on the official site. My bad.

Other point still stands though, there are far too many elements of ‘turnover’ to deduce that any change must be due to one player sale.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 14:22

Who really cares....sure most people have more important things to contend themselves with
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 14:44

Thanks for the clarification StuPar. I was pretty sure I had seen turnover figures in previous reports. But, you all make very fair points on the question of turnover; for sure there are a lot of variables, some of which are reasonably stable, but I hadn't considered staggered payments on transfers and that would surely make any estimate of the income from a single transfer very difficult to attain.

I therefore respectfully withdraw my claim.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:24

I am sure this will appear in their annual accounts. Best not to disclose it now given they are still negotiating to sign new players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 20 Jun 17:30

It's just been explained above why it won't be apparent from the accounts, Indiapar! I've never seen a transfer fee disclosed in the Pars' accounts. In fact I don't think I've ever seen the total for the year disclosed!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: