DAFC.net
Home 22 July 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Partick Thistle Takeover
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 09:00

Partick Thistle are nearing a takeover after months of talks with a wealthy consortium that already owns Nice and Barnsley.

In the daily Ranger so not sure how much truth is in it!

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Partick Thistle Takeover
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 09:08

Can see that ending well.......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 09:12

Have they done a bad job at Nice and Barnsley?

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 10:38

I've just been reading up on them and they seem to be a pretty astute group of investors. I think this is going to give Partick a real boost if it happens.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 11:19

Sad to say but that's exactly what we need but can Scottish Championship football be a useful investment for any potential investors? Probably a donor or a philanthropist would suit our situation better. Unless we turn up some brilliant young talent who don't care about money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 11:44

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 28 Jun 11:19

Sad to say but that's exactly what we need but can Scottish Championship football be a useful investment for any potential investors? Probably a donor or a philanthropist would suit our situation better. Unless we turn up some brilliant young talent who don't care about money.

Its all false. Eventually clubs will have to live within their means.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 11:55

I think that first and foremost you need to invest in young players. They are the future of football as a sport. Its like apprenticeships and training people for the work of tomorrow. At the end of the day you want to stand on your own two feet financially and not rely on donations or other forms of income not associated with the game. Other than the big few clubs in Scotland and England, I dont believe football can survive along a pure business model. It is first and foremost a sport and a source of entertainmemt. How you frame your financial income around that is the key. Like anything you reap what you sow. Developing a good youth programme that is holistic in nature is essential and sows the seeds for the future. Granted it will take a few years to reap the benefits, bit you have to start somewhere. Hoping for a big investor is a bit like hoping for a big lottery win. Realistically your chances are slim. I think its important to take control and responsibiliy and put the systems in place to achieve the best you can. Long term vision is important. I think that the game in Scotland is in crisis but thats another topic. As the say, yesterdays solutions are todays problems. Hopefully people will learn from the mistakes.

Post Edited (Fri 28 Jun 12:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 12:00

Theres no such thing as "investment" when it comes to football at this level in our country. It's just hosing money up the wall.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 13:22

I suppose it depends how you frame the term investment and how the system is set up. For me its a holistic approach that covers development both on and off the pitch i.e. physical and memtal. Being a product myself of the dockyard apprenticeship scheme many years ago, the investment shaped me as a person in persuance of a professional career. The practical and theoretical knowledge I gained over the 4 years I still draw on today. If you want to be a professional in anything, you need to learn about committment, ethics, responsibility, codes of conduct, how you present yourself etc. If there is a suitable and purposeful system in place for development that rewards the club for player development should players move on, I think this is a better approach than spending large sums on transfer fees. Obviously there is a place for this but you would want to minimise these sorts of large financial committments. Investment does not necessarily cost alot in terms of money, I would see more investment in time, mentoring and support.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 19:44

they're over at La Manga for pre season

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 01:17

Apart from teams that for a limited time buck the trend, there is a direct relationship between the amount of funds available and success. The teams that are able to buy the best players do best in their competitions. Last season Ross County, I believe, had the biggest budget because they have a wealthy sponsor and Ross County won the league. There are the odd exceptions to the rule and sometimes a group of players just hit it off and I guess that's what we are hoping for. There are other factors that contribute to success, like inspirational player management. Who knows maybe we will exceed all expectations. I suppose that's what keeps us going to the games.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end