DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 ParsTV for expats
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 09:22

Brian taking liberties, tut tut

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: ParsTV for expats
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 11:57

Bit short on detail Thaipar, can you expand a little?

I have had Pars TV since it began, I'm in Scotland for the summer, but when I'm overseas has been a huge boon for me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 13:12

Quote:

neils, Sat 22 Jun 11:57

Bit short on detail Thaipar, can you expand a little?

I have had Pars TV since it began, I'm in Scotland for the summer, but when I'm overseas has been a huge boon for me.

2 seasons ago was 80 or 85 gbp then Brian asked if 90 or 95 was fair. I suggested 100 gbp straight for 2 years which was either 20 or 25 gbp more I suggested 100 gbp for 2 years which we all paid. Today emai asking for 125gbp which would be a 40gbp increase on prices

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 13:47

I didn't get the email!

is there an explanation for increased cost? probably need a basic yet concise explanation of any increased cost, rather than a general phrase-then it makes sense if there is an improvement.

I think technology for this is not super cheap (but it's not expensive either)

I don't even know what numbers subscribe-I go by user name dogfern, normally on the chat I see just a few people.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 14:05

Quote:

neils, Sat 22 Jun 13:47

I didn't get the email!

is there an explanation for increased cost? probably need a basic yet concise explanation of any increased cost, rather than a general phrase-then it makes sense if there is an improvement.

I don't even know what numbers subscribe-I go by user name dogfern, normally on the chat I see just a few people.

Last year it was fibre installation not sure how can increase on that. 80 or 85 2 seasons ago to to 125 this year is outrageous

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcburty  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 14:20

Quote:

I didn't get the email!

Hi Neils,

Over the course of the summer, ParsTV have sat down to look at our product and service and compare it to others within the Championship and / or of sides which are of a similar size.

When we looked at Raith's prices in League One, for last season, e.g., they were offering live video and audio for a similar price (I can't remember off the top of my head the exact figure), but, would only stream video for home matches. Our Season Pass, which is cheaper, covers home AND away games. Their audio was to be paid for, ours was free...

When we looked at other clubs; FalkirkTV, Arabzone (Dundee United) and AU Media (Ayr United) we once again found the common trend that their prices were similar or dearer than ours for 'less' of a service. I don't mean that disparagingly! What I mean is, AU Media only supply audio, but, it is something like £5 a match. FalkirkTV's prices were slightly higher than ours for a Season Pass, etc, etc.

The consensus was that we were undervaluing the product, which, as you rightly say, has a large outgoing cost. We have fibre at EEP, server costs, any new, upgraded or replacement kit to purchase and that is before you consider travel costs to long distance matches such as Inverness or Queen of the South, for example, which can eat up what we make on a match-day through individual purchases in itself. We felt a slight increase in Season Pass price (but to keep the individual purchase option the same price) was the best solution to bring us in line with other clubs within our Division or of a similar size, while also still providing a very affordable service.

If you take the 36 League Games only on an individual basis of £7.50 each, that's £270. That's not including Friendlies, the BetFred Cup, the Irn-Bru Cup, the Scottish Cup or any Play-Offs into consideration. At £125, and yes, that's a slight increase, which we all appreciate, but, that is more than a 100% saving on buying each game separately. If this Season Pass price was to be approved (it is only a question to ParsTV subscribers at the moment) then it'd be a 70p increase, per league match, next season.

As I said, £270 is only for the league matches: we have 3 Friendlies, at least 4 BetFred Cup ties; a minimum of 1 match in the Irn-Bru Cup and the Scottish Cup to budget for, as well as anywhere between 0-6 Play-Off matches. If we said "that's all included in the Season Pass too", it'd be an absolute bargain. If we say, similar to a Season Ticket at EEP, "you'll nerd to pay to watch Cup Ties", then you'd still be getting a good deal, IMO, with 36 league matches for £125! I'm not sure if a final decision has been made in this regard yet because we haven't confirmed a price either.

As Ross McArthur always says, the support will never be taken for granted and that is the same with us at ParsTV. We aren't asking to increase the price for the sake of it; we feel we offer a very good service at most matches - I accept we occasionally have issues, such as Alloa away last season. These things are becoming less and less and there's always going to be problems throughout a long season with a group of volunteers trying to find the time to get everything ready to go for a match-day etc. We feel that this small increment is only to help us keep up with those around about us. It is almost similar, again, to what the Chairman said in the summer regarding price changes for supporters attending matches: it isn't ideal, we would prefer not to, but, we don't really have a choice if we want to keep up with the rest.

As I've said also, this is only a suggestion at present and we will see what the general consensus is.

If there's any further queries, issues or suggestions, please don't hesitate to leave them on this thread. If we can, we will be more than happy to answer or discuss matters further.

I hope this helps explain our situation and the reasoning behind our thinking.

Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Jordan,
ParsTV.

https://jordanburtfootball.com
bringing you up-to-date Interviews, Match Reports and much more!

Post Edited (Sat 22 Jun 15:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 14:30

Quote:

Thaipar, Sat 22 Jun 14:05

Quote:

I didn't get the email!

Last year it was fibre installation not sure how can increase on that. 80 or 85 2 seasons ago to to 125 this year is outrageous

Hi ThaiPar,

Please see my message above for the explanation as to why we are suggesting putting the prices up to £125.

Please consider the fact though that everything is increasing in price, so, if we freeze prices again, we are spending more but bringing in the same or less. We need to meet our outgoings before we can even consider having money to buy equipment to improve the service further; to pay the volunteers petrol to travel to Inverness, Dumfries etc, etc.

If the consensus is to keep the prices at £100, fine, that's the choice we will go with. It isn't a decision we've taken lightly.

Maybe it shows how much we undervalued the product 2/3 seasons ago. For 36 league games alone at 85 was £2.36 a match! And that isn't including Cup Ties etc... Nobody can get into EEP for £2.36 so it was an absolute bargain, clearly!

At £125, for 36 league matches, it'd be £3.47 a match.... Again, if you wanted to attend all games in person, it'd be a lot higher than that, so, I'd say, £125 is still good value for money.

Again, I'll repeat from my above message, we are not and do not take your support or that of others lightly. We appreciate everyone who watches, listens and pays their hard earned cash. We aren't doing this cos we are greedy or we are trying to take advantage: we are trying to meet costs, make money for the club and provide the best product possible for the customers, all at the same time.

If you have any further feedback, questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Jordan,
ParsTV.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 14:39

It's still a 40gbp increase on price Brian thought about90or 95 for last season I suggested a straight 100 for 2 years which was accepted. Asking for a 25% is outrageous. But let the expats have their say this is only my opinion

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 15:04

Quote:

Thaipar, Sat 22 Jun 14:39

It's still a 40gbp increase on price Brian thought about90or 95 for last season I suggested a straight 100 for 2 years which was accepted. Asking for a 25% is outrageous. But let the expats have their say this is only my opinion

Hi again ThaiPar,

I take on board your argument and your concerns with the suggested price increase.

I've outlined above why we've suggested it and it is up to the customers. If the majority want it to remain at £100, then that's what'll happen I assume.

I'm only trying to give some background into how we've came up with the £125 figure and how it'd benefit us.

I think that it shows how cheaply we priced the product in years gone by and how much of a bargain it has been for ParsTV Season Pass holders. Less than £3.50 a match is pretty good I would say, even if it only includes league matches. You'd struggle to get into any stadium in the SPFL for a competitive fixture at that price. I feel £125 is a fair price which provides us with a slight increase in income, which meets our ever increasing costs, as well as proving value for money for customers, such as yourself.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do on this topic. I hope you can appreciate and understand we are only trying to make the best decision for everyone involved. Otherwise, we wouldn't be asking for feedback and would just implement the increase to the price without consulting anyone.

Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Jordan,
ParsTV.

Post Edited (Sat 22 Jun 15:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 15:19

Having read dafcburty's detailed explanation, I am okay with paying the proposed new rate for ParsTV.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CALGARYPAR  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 16:35

Personally I feel the price is acceptable at 125, IF, the service is being provided consistently

I did not subscribe last year for 2 reasons, the main one being that in the previous year I had a subscription and lost the feed constantly during games, always coincidentally around around goals being scored too

The second reason was due to my work schedule and not being able to watch most games live, I had asked if the re-runs/recordings could be available to watch after the match was done, WITHOUT the score/result being listed in the link to the video. I HATE watching a game I know the score to.
Nothing ever came of that request. So I dropped the subscription

That said, if that was to be an option going forward I’d happily pay the 125 and resubscribe for this season

Dafcburty, maybe you could look into that

Either way. I still applaud the guys who volunteer week in week out and take dogs abuse at times while trying to provide the best service they can
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 16:43

I think £125 is perfectly reasonable, the previous price was robbery tbf.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 16:52

I have nk issue with the increase .there was a much better service last year and if it helps to improve again this coming season then well worth it .
Out of curiosity what will be getting bought to improve the product of last year ?
125 good for me
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 18:10

Thinking outside the box here, the audio is free just now. But i would be happy for the audio feed say a £1 a game, i find it useful especially for midweek games as i work nightshift. Or how about something for us fans in the UK, how about a season pass where we can watch a full re run of the game that night/next day and include the audio as part of the pass. Say £40 for the season, as i say just a suggestion as i dont know how much work would go into doing these extra things or what the interest/uptake would be.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 18:19

Quote:

Pars Athletic, Sat 22 Jun 18:10

Thinking outside the box here, the audio is free just now. But i would be happy for the audio feed say a £1 a game, i find it useful especially for midweek games as i work nightshift. Or how about something for us fans in the UK, how about a season pass where we can watch a full re run of the game that night/next day and include the audio as part of the pass. Say £40 for the season, as i say just a suggestion as i dont know how much work would go into doing these extra things or what the interest/uptake would be.

Hi Pars Athletic,

These are things we have also been looking into over the summer and are currently assessing our options as to how is best to proceed with this.

I think a small payment of even £1, as you say, could be an option for the audio stream, but, again, we need feedback and opinions from those who are or could be customers for ParsTV, so, thanks for your suggestions and it will be something we will take forward with us.

Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Jordan,
ParsTV.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 08:40

Sorry for delay

I sent an email to a few people asking for feedback before we make a final decision, the info wasn't out in the public domain as yet

I'll update things later but we need to get sorted soon😁

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 08:50

Just out of interest, how many subscribers did you have last season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 09:10

Still much cheaper than a season ticket.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 11:00

Last season was a real improvement, so as I say if it is used for this, then I am good.

Really grateful for the guys who do it, apart from the actual games last season (!!), the commentary, replays etc. was really well done.

Having said that it would be prudent to give a basic idea of cost if there is a % price increase-not a detailed one.

Price Comparison is not a great idea, as the costs are more or less fixed, and the income is not -i.e. Ayr might only have 50 subscribers , but costs of X therefore 5 quid a game etc.whereas, we might have similair costs, yet much higher income to cover.

Overall fine though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 12:03

As Neil’s wrote. It is a great service to expats and am thankful to all involved. Thanks Burty for the detailed explanation. Happy to pay the £125 and hope progress the ParsTV team have been making over last couple of seasons in making feeds more reliable continues this season. There is still room for improvement (excluding cases like Alloa last season). Let’s hope the football on the pitch improves! Looking forward to next season given what SC has been doing since the end of last season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 16:35

"Not including cup games" because it's not allowed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 01:32

Brian/ dafcburty.

What is the likelihood the replays/full match videos can be available for viewing without the scores being part of the link title ??

Obviously with a way to access the full match videos without seeing the scores listed on another page on the way there

The will be the deciding factor for my subscription
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 08:35

FULL Game replays are shown on ParsTV but the scores a are never shown.

I tried this a few times this last season and worked generally well. a couple of occassions there were some technical issues, so hopefully these are resolved.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 14:28

Ok thanks Brian.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TurinPar  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 10:21

Brian

I'm happy to pay 125 to resubscribe for this season.

The quality of the streaming has improved over the years and this reflects the investment made in providing a decent and consistent service to subscribers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 11:29

So really it’s just thaipar as per who has found something to moan about? No surprises there then

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 11:38

Quote:

back oh the net, Tue 25 Jun 11:29

So really it’s just thaipar as per who has found something to moan about? No surprises there then

So when you agree to buy something for 2 years at a set price and the guy says to you sorry I want an extra 25gbp you just roll over and say nowt and just pay. Yeah sure you do.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 11:41

Brian/Burty,

Will you be streaming any of the upcoming friendlies?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 11:54

Back on the net .
All expats are entitled to their opinion and Thaipar has his like anyone else .
At the end of the day it will go with the majority which i think was Brians thoughts from the start .
If the addition is going to improve quality then I dont see any problem .
With the additional cost we would expect not to see many if any lost time on games either visual or sound .
Ithink pars tv does a great job and i would be lost without this service being an overseas worker .
So keep up the good work pars tv .
Back on the net.just to understand who are parstv members are you one ? As i recognise most but didnt realise you were a subscribed member .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TurinPar  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 12:17

Back oh the net, Thaipar is entitled to his opinion.
Take your divisive attitude elsewhere!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 12:39

Yep. Thaipar's entitled to his opinion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 13:25

Quote:

TurinPar, Tue 25 Jun 12:17

🎣🎣🎣 3 big whoppers in the net already

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 13:26

Quote:

back oh the net, Tue 25 Jun 13:25

Quote:

If only you ment that .But you didnt .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 14:52

Quote:

Rigger Al, Tue 25 Jun 13:26

Quote:

Quote:

FFS Al. . .Stevie Wonder could see he was fishing
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 15:36

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Tue 25 Jun 14:52

Quote:

Rigger Al, Tue 25 Jun 13:26

Quote:

Quote:

FFS Al. . .Stevie Wonder could see he was fishing

Like whats said everyone has opinion .My opinion is he was having a go at thaipar .q
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 16:47

While the 100 for two years may have been discussed with Thai I just paid the 100 as the increased fee for last season. If Thai thought he was to get two years for 100/yr I see where he is coming from. In my case I had no expectation as to what the price would be this year.

For the reasons outlined by Burty, like Oz Par I am happy to pay 125 this season. Let’s hope the improvement in reliability and quality of feed continues to improve again this season as it has done over the last couple of years. A little bit more revenue can help you guys cover costs (which continue to increase) and perhaps be able to continue to invest in kit to help improve reliability of feed (when issue is not something outwith your control). Once again big thank you to all the Pars TV team.

Post Edited (Tue 25 Jun 16:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 17:26

Yes, if there is new equipment/costs etc. then good.

Last season was well done, and it's a learning process-the team doing it is good, and long may it continue.

Thaipar has every reason to ask anything, as the question was put out for this very reason-whatever anyone says is fair.

For me, if there is a need to increase, I am good-particularly to improve quality.

Personally I watch it at a quiet time at work every week-last 3 years in Caribbean, this coming season I probably will be working in Asia -could be I only get to watch half the games only (maybe only highlights) ,so each person watches in a different way etc. so I think any comment is fair game-and it is good to ask also.

Once again, it's a boon to have!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 18:59

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 25 Jun 11:41

Brian/Burty,

Will you be streaming any of the upcoming friendlies?

Yes, we plan to stream all 3 friendlies, versus Forfar on Saturday, Dumbarton next Tuesday and Hibs the following weekend.

I'm sure Brian will confirm details ahead of Saturday. If there are any questions, though, please don't hesitate to ask.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 19:01

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 25 Jun 11:38

Quote:

So when you agree to buy something for 2 years at a set price and the guy says to you sorry I want an extra 25gbp you just roll over and say nowt and just pay. Yeah sure you do.

Having spoken to other ParsTV crew members, none of us were aware of any agreement to stream at £100 for this season.

I don't know what conversations you had last season with Brian and what the outcome of those were, but, there's nothing official to my knowledge which confirmed or stated that it'd be a fixed price. If this was something Brian guaranteed you, I can only advise that you speak to him privately and try come to a compromise.

Thanks as always for your support and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 19:07

Quote:

Rigger Al, Tue 25 Jun 11:54

Back on the net .
All expats are entitled to their opinion and Thaipar has his like anyone else .
At the end of the day it will go with the majority which i think was Brians thoughts from the start .
If the addition is going to improve quality then I dont see any problem .
With the additional cost we would expect not to see many if any lost time on games either visual or sound .
Ithink pars tv does a great job and i would be lost without this service being an overseas worker .
So keep up the good work pars tv .
Back on the net.just to understand who are parstv members are you one ? As i recognise most but didnt realise you were a subscribed member .

There's only so much we can do at away matches in regards to reliability. It is out with our control, the facilities we are provided with; the WiFi connection we get at away grounds, etc. Sometimes, it just ain't meant to be - such as Alloa away last season.

In those circumstances, it is a tough one: do we say pre-match "we are not doing anything today because we've had problems in the past", but it may work... Or do we risk it and it all goes wrong! That's the quandary we have for certain matches this season.

Alongside Alloa, I'd imagine Arbroath may cause us issues as well. That's going a little bit into the unknown though as we haven't been there in a few years!

IMO, I think it is always worthwhile going and trying and failing than not bothering and wondering if it could've worked. I appreciate though, that staying up late or getting up early, while also paying money for a service and not getting it, can be extremely infuriating. It'd be good to get feedback in this regard too, to help us work out what's best to do.

Thanks as always for your support and feedback. Feel free to ask away if you have any further enquiries.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 23:44

Quote:

dafcburty, Tue 25 Jun 19:01

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 25 Jun 11:38

Quote:

Having spoken to other ParsTV crew members, none of us were aware of any agreement to stream at £100 for this season.

I don't know what conversations you had last season with Brian and what the outcome of those were, but, there's nothing official to my knowledge which confirmed or stated that it'd be a fixed price. If this was something Brian guaranteed you, I can only advise that you speak to him privately and try come to a compromise.

Thanks as always for your support and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:

Thaipar, Mon 4 Jun 2018 17:52

Brian was floating 90 or 95 gbpfor this season coming. Putting fibre cable dedicated to ParsTv.
I suggested 100gbp per season for 2 seasons. Sound reasonable or anybody have objections?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 00:00

If you have a personal arrangement where you were guaranteed the £100 price for 2 years then fair enough you'll get it
If not either pay the new price or don't bother.

Simples
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 00:44

It was a recommendation last year by Brian either 90 or 95gbp. I put it to the other expats as you can see in above post saying shall we just make it a straight 100 for 2 seasons anybody any objections. All agreed to pay the 100 so that is where my questioning of the now 125gbp price came from. Likewise Brian could have said no to the proposal last year and just took our 90 or 95gbp which He proposed.

Simples

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 04:12

Thanks for that explanation, Thaipar. It puts your earlier comments into a clear perspective.

Yet another example for people on here who choose to criticise someone without first knowing the full facts.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 04:14

<<Yes, we plan to stream all 3 friendlies, versus Forfar on Saturday, Dumbarton next Tuesday and Hibs the following weekend. >>

That's great news, Jordan. Very much looking forward to catching the first glimpse of our new signings in action.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 07:32

Quote:

Thaipar, Wed 26 Jun 00:44

It was a recommendation last year by Brian either 90 or 95gbp. I put it to the other expats as you can see in above post saying shall we just make it a straight 100 for 2 seasons anybody any objections. All agreed to pay the 100 so that is where my questioning of the now 125gbp price came from. Likewise Brian could have said no to the proposal last year and just took our 90 or 95gbp which He proposed.

Simples

I can honestly only apologise if you felt there was an agreement of 2 years in place. I and my other crew members were unaware of this arrangement. I don't doubt what you are saying, because you've shown the message you sent above.

We've agreed on the price of £125 for this season as the majority agreed from the responses we got. We hope that despite this misunderstanding, you can still join us on another rollercoaster journey this season. 👌

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 12:22

we have come along way again this year. I emailed a few subscribers from last year with details of what our plans were for this year, just so I could get some feedback. we perhaps had anticipated things last year for teh coming year but we have moved on.
and we appreciated the responses.

we are where we are so we hope to continue the good work from last year.
hopefully everybody is happy now :o)

thanks for your support.

details on the new season are on the ParsTV website so please have a look there.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: