DAFC.net
Home 14 October 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pitreavie kids weekend soccer leagues.
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 14:34

Been a regular attendee the last few years. Yesterday’s festival, thankfully dry, brought the season to a close.
An awful lot of work and time must go into this, so well done to everyone involved with coaching, training etc., also the all important associated paperwork and admin.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pitreavie kids weekend soccer leagues.
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 14:37

Completely agree with all that you say.

I went to watch my Godson play and their 3rd game couldn't go ahead as one of the pitches was double booked, twice!

However, similar to DAFC, appreciate the efforts made by all to make this a huge success.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pitreavie kids weekend soccer leagues.
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 17:30

My 6 year old son has been playing there for the past 2 seasons, himself & his team mates have come along in that time. All thanks to the the coaches for giving up there spare time. The facilities are great. In August we will be loosing 3 players as they will be starting to train with Hibs, Hearts and Rangers. We could be witnessing stars of the future game.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pitreavie kids weekend soccer leagues.
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 17:56

KirklistonPar wrote:

> My 6 year old son has been playing there for the past 2
> seasons, himself & his team mates have come along in that time.
> All thanks to the the coaches for giving up there spare time.
> The facilities are great. In August we will be loosing 3
> players as they will be starting to train with Hibs, Hearts and
> Rangers. We could be witnessing stars of the future game.


I'd have to disagree about the facilities, the pitches are incredibly bad, there's not a flat one there and they are littered with divots,ruts, bumps and there are way too many lines through some of them. The pitches need investment.
It is however a hub where every weekend hundreds of kids gather to do something they love and where coaches admirably volunteer hundreds of manhours every year.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pitreavie kids weekend soccer leagues.
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 18:12

The fact that there’s somewhere for so many kids to play is great, no need for pitches to be perfect kids don’t mind & as they progress they will play on grass which will change on a weekly basis due to weather conditions. You don’t get perfect pitches in Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pitreavie kids weekend soccer leagues.
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 18:23

“will be starting to train with Hibs, Hearts and
Rangers”

Going by your post they are 9/10? That’s nuts, let them play for fun, really, training with these clubs might sound exciting but not at that age, Can tell you so many examples of kids regretting this at 12/13 but at that young, I wish them luck especially the Parents
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pitreavie kids weekend soccer leagues.
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 18:24

KirklistonPar wrote:

> The fact that there’s somewhere for so many kids to play is
> great, no need for pitches to be perfect kids don’t mind & as
> they progress they will play on grass which will change on a
> weekly basis due to weather conditions. You don’t get perfect
> pitches in Scotland.

Like I said it's a place where hundreds of kids gather every weekend to play the game they love sadly the pitches let them down, it's nothing to do with weather or where we live when the owners refuse to spend money on repairing the issues that have been there for years.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pitreavie kids weekend soccer leagues.
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 20:18

Hay fever, they will be 7 years old.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: