DAFC.net
Home 20 November 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 League cup prices
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 18:09

St Mirren look to be charging £12 for our game in Paisley, that seems like a good price.

Hopefully the home games will be similarly priced.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: League cup prices
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 18:47

Hope so, but would be really odd to charge £15 for a friendly, then £12 for competitive games...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 21:23

Quote:

par-91, Wed 3 Jul 18:47

Hope so, but would be really odd to charge £15 for a friendly, then £12 for competitive games...

Why would it be odd.
Hibs will be due a fee to play that we need to cover.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 21:31

Are Hibs due a fee did Forfarr pay us a fee . It should be like a cup game a percentage of the gate
15 is too much for a friendly it will put some people off whereas 10 would have seen a reasonable crowd

Post Edited (Wed 03 Jul 21:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 22:55

I doubt Hibs will be demanding a significant fee, for the opportunity to play a friendly without having to travel far. It will probably be a % of the gate, since we all know they tend to bring a good support through.

That said, regardless of any fee, it would definitely be odd to charge more for entry to a friendly against Hibs, than for 2 competitive games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 09:04

Quote:

par-91, Wed 3 Jul 22:55

I doubt Hibs will be demanding a significant fee, for the opportunity to play a friendly without having to travel far. It will probably be a % of the gate, since we all know they tend to bring a good support through.

That said, regardless of any fee, it would definitely be odd to charge more for entry to a friendly against Hibs, than for 2 competitive games.

Really? You think folk would be happy to pay more for a game against the likes of Albion Rovers than a top 6 Premiership side, just because it's a competitive fixture? Bear in mind that any game allows you to watch the players of two teams in action.

With all due respect to Albion, Edinburgh City and East Kilbride, they're not among the most attractive of opponents, even in a small football pool like Scotland.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 11:00

Where did I say we should charge more for the league cup games? If the Hibs game and the league cup games were all £12, that would be ok with me.

Personally, I don’t think friendlies are entertaining and should not be more expensive than competitive games, regardless of opponents. Teams changing their entire 11 and focusing on other aspects of the game, rather than fighting for a win/draw is less entertaining than a competitive game. The games lack intensity in friendlies and it’s obvious that the result means nothing, when you’re watching the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 12:01

Absolutely agree - the League Cup games should be competitively priced to attract as many people along as possible right at the start of the season.

£15 for a Hibs friendly is scandalous - I am really looking forward to the start of the season but this is one game I won’t be at - Hibs should be looking at this as an opportunity to prepare for the season. If they’re looking for a fee we should tell them to shove it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 13:39

I'm sorry GG but friendlies are in no way a good way to see two teams, especially at that price. You're not really seeing the teams when when there are a dozen subs, when it's not the first XI etc. £15 would maybe be OK in the old days when we didn't have a group stage in the League Cup and if it was ours (and Hibs) last friendlies before the real action starts but I'd much prefer to watch a League Cup (or even a Challenge Cup) game with a competitive element and only 3 subs than a glorified training session.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 13:44

Quote:

kelty_par, Thu 4 Jul 13:39

I'm sorry GG but friendlies are in no way a good way to see two teams, especially at that price. You're not really seeing the teams when when there are a dozen subs, when it's not the first XI etc. £15 would maybe be OK in the old days when we didn't have a group stage in the League Cup and if it was ours (and Hibs) last friendlies before the real action starts but I'd much prefer to watch a League Cup (or even a Challenge Cup) game with a competitive element and only 3 subs than a glorified training session.

Agree with this. £15 for a friendly is an absolute joke regardless of the opponent.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 14:01

Also agree with Kelty_par

A top 6 Scottish premiership side is hardly a big draw
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 14:47

Quote:

P, Thu 4 Jul 14:01

I get what folk are saying but you have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Hibs are certainly a bigger draw than any club in League 2, imo.

Pars91's suggestion of having the same price for the Hibs game as the league cup section games has merit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 15:20

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 4 Jul 14:47

Quote:

P, Thu 4 Jul 14:01

I get what folk are saying but you have to take into account the quality of the opposition. Hibs are certainly a bigger draw than any club in League 2, imo.

Pars91's suggestion of having the same price for the Hibs game as the league cup section games has merit.

Would hardly describe Hibs a "big draw" for a friendly game. Pretty standard and boring choice tbh
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 15:36

I would regard the Hibees as a fairly "big draw" to be fair. All being well, should we not be expecting a crowd of somewhere between 3,000 and 5,000?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 15:51

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 04 Jul 15:36

All being well, should we not be expecting a crowd of somewhere between 3,000 and 5,000?

I’d be stunned. Crowd v Hibs was 2,125 two years ago, at £10. 2,016 was the attendance v Hearts on a Saturday in 2016. Think we’ll be lucky to see 1500 on Saturday, given the prices.

Even in those games, well over 50% of that attendance was away fans. Can’t see many over 1,000 making the trip this weekend.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 16:22

With the league cup prices being the same as Hibs game being comfirmed all is well with the world yet again
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 16:51

Do you think people are going to be happy paying £15 to watch Albion Rovers midweek and East Kilbride (Saturday)

Post Edited (Thu 04 Jul 16:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 17:52

I dont do much friendlies and I usually sit in main stand for cup games.

As the prices WSK points out above I wont be at any league cup games this season

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 18:03

At those prices I will attend the away games and miss the home ones.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 18:46

only the Main Stand open for the cup games also.

is that the same for Saturday?

Post Edited (Thu 04 Jul 18:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 18:59

Quote:

GJS93, Thu 04 Jul 18:46

only the Main Stand open for the cup games also.

is that the same for Saturday?

Norrie is open on Saturday

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 20:08

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 4 Jul 09:04

Quote:

par-91, Wed 3 Jul 22:55

Really? You think folk would be happy to pay more for a game against the likes of Albion Rovers than a top 6 Premiership side, just because it's a competitive fixture? Bear in mind that any game allows you to watch the players of two teams in action.

With all due respect to Albion, Edinburgh City and East Kilbride, they're not among the most attractive of opponents, even in a small football pool like Scotland.

If it was priced for £15 for both the Hibs and Albion game it would be a no brainer, Albion would be the preference. I'd rather not pay that amount for neither but £15 for basically a kick about with Hibs is a joke.

At least my dosh would be helping the Pars and also a smaller club in Albion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 20:16

No sure what the crowd on Saturday will be like but I’m no expecting a bumper crowd. The Dunfermline Fake Festival is on and the crowd for the Hibs v Arbroath game was 1036.

It’s say 2500 at most and that’s at a push
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 20:24

Just noticed we're charging £15 for Albion and East Kilbride.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 22:41

Would be interested to know why we seem to be the only team I can see (in any group) charging more than £12. To be charging 25% more than top flight teams doesn’t make sense to me.

You can watch Hearts v Dundee Utd, St Johnstone v Ross County (2 top flight teams!), Hibs v Alloa and many other ‘stronger’ teams for less money than we’re charging for the same stage of the same competition.

Given we’re one of the last clubs to announce prices, I can’t understand why we’re charging so much for games against Albion Rovers and East Kilbride. Should be trying to encourage fans to come along and support this young squad, not make it less likely that people come along.

Post Edited (Thu 04 Jul 22:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 23:26

Astonishing prices from DAFC and very counter productive.
What on earth are we thinking?
Everybody knows we have to cut our costs this season but shafting the fans isn't going to be the way to counteract that.
Surely an extra 1000 fans through the gates at £10 for Saturday and hundreds more for the cup games is more beneficial to the club with all the extra revenue nevermind the added support?
A decision the club will regret I fear.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 23:45

AdamAntsParsStripe wrote:

> Astonishing prices from DAFC and very counter productive.
> What on earth are we thinking?
> Everybody knows we have to cut our costs this season but
> shafting the fans isn't going to be the way to counteract that.
>
> Surely an extra 1000 fans through the gates at £10 for
> Saturday and hundreds more for the cup games is more beneficial
> to the club with all the extra revenue nevermind the added
> support?
> A decision the club will regret I fear.
>
>

I think you’re right, last season was garbage you have to get the “floaters” back and charging £15 isn’t going to do it. You get them back in for the two home ties where we’re big favourites, entertain them, get them back for the league campaign.
And for the loyal fans who’ve bought season tickets regardless of the 5hit show of last season, thank for your continued support please come out during the week and pay £15 for the pleasure of watching Albion Rovers and again to watch East Kilbride the following weekend.
It seems very hardline this season, half expecting my Bridie to be a fiver.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 23:45

Be lucky to hit 1000 for the cup games at those prices. If it’s true that we’re the only club charging more than £12, taking into account the dross were playing, it’s a monumental f*ck up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 00:11

Hearts v Dundee United

Betfred Cup Group Stage

Entry for this match is priced at £12 for adults, £6 for Concessions (Over 65 & Students) and £3 for kids (Under 16).

Tickets can be purchased online at Hearts eTickets, over the phone by calling 0333 043 1874, option 1 then 1 or by visiting the Hearts Ticket Office in person.

St Johnstone.....

Betfred Cup prices confirmed
All five of the clubs in Group B of the Betfred Cup have agreed a common pricing structure for all fixtures during the Group Stage of the competition.

These prices are £12 for adults and £6 for concessions at all stadiums. In addition - and with the kind agreement of our four opponents - Saints will also maintain our long-held 'kids aged 12 and under go free' policy for the home matches against Ross County and Brechin City.

Our Betfred Cup campaign begins on Tuesday 16th July when we travel to Montrose before a home match against Ross County on Sunday 21st July in a 3PM kick-off.

Motherwell.......

Motherwell’s four Betfred Cup matches will have a set ticket price of £12 for adults and £6 for concessions.

Tickets are now on sale online for our two home matches. Season ticket holders have the option to secure their own seat.

The Steelmen start on the road to Queen of the South at Palmerston Park on Saturday, 13 July.

Greenock Morton then visit on Friday, 19 July in a televised match at 7.45pm, before the trip to Dumbarton on Tuesday, 23 July.

The group stage then concludes with Stephen Robinson’s side hosting Annan Athletic on Saturday, 27 July.

After agreement between all five participating clubs, all games in the group will be priced identically.

All games will be pay at the gate. Concession pricing will apply to all other age groups.

Dundee.......

Prices for our upcoming Betfred Cup Group matches have now been agreed.

All of our fixtures in the first stage of the competition will be £12 (Adults) and £6 (Concessions).

The fixtures are as follows –

Sat 13th July – Raith Rovers vs. Dundee – 3pm
Wed 17th July – Cove Rangers vs. Dundee – 7.45pm
Sat 20th July – Dundee vs. Peterhead – 3pm
Sun 28th July – Dundee vs. Inverness Caledonian Thistle – 3pm

Tickets for our match with Cove Rangers on Wednesday 17th July will go on priority sale for a week to 2019/20 Season Ticket holders from Monday (24th). These will be available in the Ticket Office inside Dundee Direct and on the phone – 01382 889966.

Ticket information

Ross County......

Ticket prices for this seasons Betfred Cup are now confirmed for our forthcoming group stage fixtures. Our fixtures which see us play both Forfar and Montrose at home, will mean our group phase will be completed by 24th July. For our home fixtures tickets will be £12 for adults and £6 for concessions (over 65, Under 16’s & Students). Tickets go on sale Thursday 27th June at 10.00am

Our group fixtures are:

Saturday 13th July Ross County v Montrose (3.00pm)

Tuesday 16th July Brechin City v Ross County (7.45pm)

Sunday 21st July St Johnstone v Ross County (3.00pm)

Wednesday 24th July Ross County v Forfar Athletic (7.45pm)

At the conclusion of the group stage the group winners and four best 2nd placed teams, will be joined by the teams competing in European Competition (Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock & Aberdeen) for the knock out st
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 03:39

So let me get this straight we are charging more for a Pars vs East Kilbride game than Hearts are charging Vs Dundee United. I know we lost money last season but we are shafting fans with those prices. I went to Everton Vs Valencia in a pre season friendly last season and paid less than what they are wanting for the Hibs game on Saturday.
The Board need to be careful with what they are doing here. Shafting the bread and butter isn't the answer.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 05:11

Quite agree, Frank. It's a very risky strategy to employ.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 07:24

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Thu 4 Jul 23:45

Be lucky to hit 1000 for the cup games at those prices. If it’s true that we’re the only club charging more than £12, taking into account the dross were playing, it’s a monumental f*ck up.

I don't think you can class it as a f*ck up. They must have seriously thought £15 against Albion and East Kilbride was acceptable. They would have known what the prices were elsewhere.

The fans give enough dosh, they are beginning to take the p!sh and it could well come back to haunt them.

Do we still have a supporter liaison?

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 07:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 07:37

For a club that seems to have a clear long term vision in terms of the leadership and now the playing side this seems like a very poor short term strategy.

These games are an opportunity to attract new fans along and make some goodwill with existing supporters. £10, even £12 would have been fine, offer a good discount to families and offer a discount for the first league game as well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 08:14

Seriously, what happened to the importance of competitive pricing? Charging 25% more than top flight clubs is not competitive.

I was fine with the new league prices, as the board highlighted it was competitive pricing. The league cup pricing strategy seems to just be a case of trying to fleece the loyal fans. Should be encouraging people to come back, see the new team and Crawford’s idea of how we should play. This is the opposite.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 08:39

Ridiculous ricing for the cup games especially when the only stand open is the Main Stand. Hate watching games from there.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 09:02

"Astonishing prices from DAFC and very counter productive.
What on earth are we thinking?"

all the clubs involved have to agree on the pricing and obviously only those directly involved will know how the decisions were reached, if we started off or only suggested the higher price then that is poor but maybe we wanted a lower price and the other 2 clubs didn't.

however it happened, £12 and £6 should have been the prices set.

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 09:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 10:26

GJS93 wrote:

> "Astonishing prices from DAFC and very counter productive.
> What on earth are we thinking?"
>
> all the clubs involved have to agree on the pricing and
> obviously only those directly involved will know how the
> decisions were reached, if we started off or only suggested the
> higher price then that is poor but maybe we wanted a lower
> price and the other 2 clubs didn't.
>
> however it happened, £12 and £6 should have been the prices
> set.
>

>
> Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 09:16)

So why are St Mirren asking for £12 ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 10:45

When the board make other unpopular decisions they say it's to keep us in line with what other clubs are doing. Why so out of step this time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 10:48

Everyone else in our group is charging £12. I can’t see why they’d be asking us to charge more? Very much looks like we’re the ones who wanted these prices, despite being aware of what everyone else is charging.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 11:21

The silence from the club speaks volumes....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 11:33

Just vote with your feet folks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 11:50

I've already decided to Mikey

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 12:17

I should have worded it better WSK, the clubs for each game have to agree the price for that one game....which happens in other cups but not the league cup it would appear so im wrong on that.

the league site hasn't got this years rulebook on it just yet but last years has a section on it (rule 10)

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/League%20Cup%20Regulations%202018-19.pdf

looking back at last season, it was £15 and £10 at Dundee although their other home game was £12 and £6

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 12:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 12:23

Fairly confident that neither Albion or EK have demanded £15 a head because they are currently box office material. Poor decision.

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 13:27

Hibs are charging the same for their friendly with Newcastle as we are for tomorrow's match...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 14:03

Defo won't be going to Hibs game at that price, unlikely I will go to the cup games now unless I have nothing else to do. I didn't renew season ticket because I couldn't get along often enough last season to justify it and while I usually would just buy one anyway as my contribution what I did see last season was so turgid that I didn't have the will for it. That said approach to signing seems exciting and these matches would have been an opportunity to upsell me a season ticket which is an opportunity lost now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 16:42

League Cup games (and 1 SC tie) used to be included in the cost of a season ticket. Perhaps the club might wish to consider this next season, especially if this season's attendances at the League Cup games is less than expected.

Of course, the ST would cost slightly more to reflect the extra games involved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 19:21

Summer games are an opportunity to get Families to attend a Match, not to mention we always get some Tourists who are holidaying in the area.Some will be attracted by the World Cup coverage.

Prices of £15 Adult £10 Concession are,frankly,inexplicable.

Albion Rovers play to Gates around 300 and East Kilbride are non League.

As others are pointing out, box office games are priced at a more realistic £12 and £6.

We are spoiled by a Board whose strong point is their transparency but the lack of any explanation does not sit well with their silence.

I find the Supporters Liason Officers courteous and primpt to reply and I suggest fans contact them.

I also know 3 Dundee fans who have cancelled plans to attend the League match which the presence of TV cameras will ruin financially.At least that is not self inflicted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 19:42

I think the boards strategy is to try and squeeze as much money as possible from the fans. They are not considering the fans who have already paid out more for their season tickets and tops as well as trying to afford a holiday. A gaff by the board imo which may open some of the scars from last season. This is a fans run club but don't seem to know what its like to be a fan.

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 19:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 19:51

I'll not be at any cup games. Ridiculous pricing.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 21:04

Time will tell if these prices are justified but I've yet to read or hear of anyone who backs this price structure.
Whoever decided on this move needs to have a good think to themselves.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 09:31

£15 for a friendly is ridiculous. I don’t go to friendly games anyway.

That’s a hard one to take for the early cup games after last season. I think I’ll give them a miss. I’d urge other fans to do the same if they aren’t happy with the prices. Vote with your feet. We must be in a bad way if we are shafting our bread and butter.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 09:41

if you don’t go to friendlies why the need to comment on how much it is to get in?

I don’t go to the ballet and therefore don’t feel the urge to remark on the price structure for entry!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 09:59

"Just vote with your feet folks."

Agreed, might just be the reality check the board need.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 10:03

Just what the club needs, what a good idea
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 10:04

Giving this one a miss, if we don't let the board know now that the prices are unreasonable they will try and exploit the fans more. Unfortunately a lot of the fans can't afford to pay the increased prices no doubt our transparent and fan friendly board will explain the reason for the prices. Or is it the case that we are in more financial difficulties than the board are letting on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 11:12

Even better start rumours that the club is in financial difficulty
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 11:15

"Just what the club needs, what a good idea"

Unlike the club charging overpriced admission to watch teams from lower leagues ?

That's a good idea ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 11:45

There’s a defensive mechanism among some supporters that doesn’t allow them to see the club criticised. Wake up,these prices are indefensible, I’m not buying the “maybe the other team wanted it at £15” in which case our answer should be No that’s taking the pi55 out of fans, at worst it’s a negotiation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 11:49

Quote:

1970par, Sat 6 Jul 09:41

if you don’t go to friendlies why the need to comment on how much it is to get in?

I don’t go to the ballet and therefore don’t feel the urge to remark on the price structure for entry!

1970 per a ticket to watch the Russian national ballet perform The Nut cracker at The Alhambra is £21-£25.
I am pretty sure it wouldn't be the same price to watch them practice

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 12:16

We’ve doubled the cost of a ticket for anyone aged 13-18, based on last year’s prices and increased adults by 50%.

2 teenagers would have been £10 last year, this year it’s £20. Add in 2 parents and there would be an increase from £30 last year to £50 this year.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the board explain the reasoning behind this. It seems to go against their claims that they’re trying to encourage families along and trying to encourage people to come back. Particularly when no top flight club is charging more than £12 and £6.

We’re 25% more expensive for an adult and 67% more expensive for a concession, than any top flight club. Seems unjustifiable - not that the board appear to be making any attempt to justify it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 12:18

Quote:

par-91, Sat 6 Jul 12:16

We’ve doubled the cost of a ticket for anyone aged 13-18, based on last year’s prices and increased adults by 50%.

2 teenagers would have been £10 last year, this year it’s £20. Add in 2 parents and there would be an increase from £30 last year to £50 this year.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the board explain the reasoning behind this. It seems to go against their claims that they’re trying to encourage families along and trying to encourage people to come back. Particularly when no top flight club is charging more than £12 and £6.

We’re 25% more expensive for an adult and 67% more expensive for a concession, than any top flight club. Seems unjustifiable - not that the board appear to be making any attempt to justify it.

That's nonsense
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 12:20

As far as I know the admission price for today’s game is £15, that’s a bit less than the normal league walk up price therefore it is a bit cheaper to watch them “practice”

Not really interested in how much it is to see the Russian Ballet practice but I’m sore if you can find the price there will be someone on here who wants to mount a campaign to boycott it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 12:29

Wrong thread

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sat 06 Jul 12:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 18:17

Prices reduced to £12/£6

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 18:20

da_no_1 wrote:

> Prices reduced to £12/£6
>
>

An appreciated pro-active move by club. Realised they were wrong and have corrected it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 18:22

I am delighted at this News from the Club.

They are not just transparent but responsive.

In any case,after the encouraging performance by the first team today,folk will want to see what they missed!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 18:29

The board have acted swiftly and made the correct decision IMHO.

well done guys

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 18:46

fair play

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 18:54

£3 more to spend at the Stephen's kiosk then ;)

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 18:56

Good to hear. We'll done, common sense prevails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 19:15

Correct and sensible decision. Should never have been £15. Was the league cup group stages last year 15/10/5 as stated in the statement
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 19:25

Par wrote:

> Correct and sensible decision. Should never have been £15. Was
> the league cup group stages last year 15/10/5 as stated in the
> statement

Unfortunately thats not the case

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=BetFred_Cup_Admission_Information&ID=10690
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 19:34

It should never have taken this long but at least the club have finally seen sense.
As a fan owned club , they were dangerously close to making it an 'us vs them' situation with no actual explanation.

OK we still don't have an explanation but an admission in itself the club made a balls up of their pricing structure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 19:43

Nothing else to moan about now, get along and support your team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 19:46

I wish they had made this decision before i got my ticket but happy enough that they are offering refunds for those who already purchased
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 20:05

Quote:

1970par, Sat 6 Jul 19:43

Fack all chance of that

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 20:08

Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks |
Date: Sat 6 Jul 19:25

Par wrote:

> Correct and sensible decision. Should never have been £15. Was
> the league cup group stages last year 15/10/5 as stated in the
> statement

Unfortunately thats not the case

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=BetFred_Cup_Admission_Information&ID=10690

I thought not, so why say it in the statement to justify prices, Bizarre indeed!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 20:21

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 6 Jul 20:05

Quote:

1970par, Sat 6 Jul 19:43

Fack all chance of that

Ffs. . .folk are entitled to their opinion guys.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 20:22

Let’s have a moan anyway
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 20:29

"Was the league cup group stages last year 15/10/5 as stated in the statement"

it doesn't say that in the statement.

any chance if enough threads/posts are made they might open behind the goal now too?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 20:49

Yeas, good thinking

Reduce the pricing and open the other stand that we dont need and therefore have to provide and pay for extra stewarding, makes perfect sense!

let’s see what other pearls of wisdom we can come up with
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 21:59

Quote:

1970par, Sat 6 Jul 20:49

Yeas, good thinking

Reduce the pricing and open the other stand that we dont need and therefore have to provide and pay for extra stewarding, makes perfect sense!

let’s see what other pearls of wisdom we can come up with

If 500 more fans turn up, we would need extra stewarding anyway.
In fact, the extra fans who turn up would pay their wages.
Imagine that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 10:25

Think even with the reduced price I’ll be giving the home games a miss with it only being the main stand that’s open

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 15:35

Having resolved pricing complaints.....
Must......
find......
something.....
else.....
to.....
moan.....
about.
🙄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 15:41

smoking in the toilets...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 16:22

To be frank the main stand is all we really need most weeks. If the enclosures in front of the main stands could be turned into a space for our disabled supporters, then they could probably get away with closing the other three stands and still have plenty room for all the fans in the main stand. Save a bit dosh in Stewarding and Policing costs. There is no need for the North West Stand to ever be open these days
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 17:21

You can please some of the people all of the time
You can please all of the people some of the time
Bit you’ll never please Pars fans any of the time, it’s in our DNA
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 19:16

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 10 Jul 16:22

To be frank the main stand is all we really need most weeks. If the enclosures in front of the main stands could be turned into a space for our disabled supporters, then they could probably get away with closing the other three stands and still have plenty room for all the fans in the main stand. Save a bit dosh in Stewarding and Policing costs. There is no need for the North West Stand to ever be open these days

Aside from the obvious fact it would make the atmosphere non existent, packing the main stand would still need extra stewards and turnstyles open plus extra catering stalls.
So how much money would the club actually save to sacrifice any diminishing atmosphere we already have with three stands open?
I can't think of anything worse than sitting in the main stand every home game anyway.
We really aren't that skint.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: