DAFC.net
Home 26 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Playing the ball out.......
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 12:12

...from the Goalie.

First class effort last night one of the best I've witnessed at EEP.

Small point but trying to play the ball out to feet from Sculls. Would it not be a better idea to kick it now and again to mix it up?

Playing to feet every time is asking to get caught out..........

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Playing the ball out.......
Topic Originator: jas  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 21:14

I would agree to change it about or we will get caught out during the season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:11

Lack of confidence in his distribution by Scully needs to mix it up now and again

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:12

Scully’s kicking is absolutely atrocious and a waste of possession. Much prefer us playing out from the back

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:58

Yes, I agree that there is a very good reason why we are doing this. In the main, it is working and Scully looks the better for it. We seem to be far more disciplined at the back as a result.

I think one of of our greatest strengths this season has been our ability to hold on to possession. I like the way our midfielders avoid the tempting upfield punt and instead pass the ball back when they see their opportunities ahead limited; that way, the defenders can spread the ball about and, when ready, commence another attacking move forward from a different angle.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 15:04

Quote:

parsloyal98, Sun 4 Aug 14:12

Scully’s kicking is absolutely atrocious and a waste of possession. Much prefer us playing out from the back

Scully's kicking ability has nothing to do with us starting to play from the back. If you do it right it's a great way to ensure you keep possession and work the ball up the park. If you do it wrong it could cause a big issue though.

Scully's actual goal kicks I see no difference to any other keeper and is generally no better or worse. It's a lump up the park towards one of our players who has to challenge for it.

Scully's distribution whilst the ball is in play has been questionable but that is different and doesnt provide the reasoning why we've started playing from the back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:10

It'll be interesting what we do against Celtic...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:24

Both big teams today did this and it worked.Losing the ball with a long kick only causes pressure.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: