DAFC.net
Home 26 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 EPL question
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 14:51

Just noticed that Liverpool kick off the new EPL season on Friday night hosting Norwich.
I thought it was always the title holders that kicked off the new season... Or am havering the awfiest keech as usual? 🤣

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: EPL question
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 16:36

Last year the first game was man utd and Leicester.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 16:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 19:55

I'm sure the opening game is the charity shield, Both champions and cup holders play each other.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:18

The English Leagues has never had the same traditions as we do in terms of opening games and the like. For instance, we traditionally have the League Champions at home for the first game of the season (they also use the occasion to unfurl the flag they won, and seemingly these days they also bring the trophy along too) whereas in England they don't do that. It's not uncommon for the Chanpionship winners to be given a stinker of an away game first up. They also don't have the tradition of Derby games on Boxing Day or other holidays. The first game of a season is simply decided by the TV companies, but then that's the same here now that all the league fixtures don't all kick off at 3 pm on a Saturday.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: