DAFC.net
Home 26 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kilmarnock v Rangers stadia comments
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:12

Seems like there is a little friction between the clubs after the recent game between the two. I have to agree that I think the situation where the Rangers players approached the fans invited trouble.
The most disturbing thing is that the Kilmarnock board made a strong statement about reaching out to Rangers, but it seemed to be a public rebuff for some issues in organisation by Kilmarnock.
Whoever is correct we will never know except that it is a bit distasteful given that a supporter in the disabled area was injured.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kilmarnock v Rangers stadia comments
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 23:32

When the new The Rangers was assembled from bits of the corpse of dead Rangers they had a chance to leave some of the more distasteful pieces of the puzzle out of the picture.

Instead, they chose to champion much of what made Rangers so repellant in the first place. Orange strips are the least of the problem.

There is only one group of people responsible for the problems at Rugby Park and that is fans of The Rangers. Over the past 12-18 months there has been a depressingly frequect number of incidents of fans of that club getting onto pitches around the country.

When fans get out of control people get hurt. This time it seems to be pure luck that a disabled fan did not get very seriously injured. There should be a severe punishment for The Rangers. Of course, there won't be.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 00:15

When there was problems with our gates did anyone smash open a turnstile to gain entry?

When Martin Hardie scored THAT goal did we have fans jumping on top of roofs?

These guys have acted like this game against Killie was somehow meaningful. How bad are Rangers when they celebrate like that for a narrow win against Killie?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 00:21

Statement given to SSN:

"Rightly or wrongly a gate was forced - but the real cause of the serious congestion and crushing which occurred outside the stadium before and after kick-off cannot be disguised,"

"The failure of Kilmarnock's ticketing system caused the problem and this has to be addressed. After all, it had become apparent long before kick-off that there was a problem with their entry system which resulted in a safety issue with fans fearing injury.

"This is not the first time their system has failed.

"However, Rangers does not condone the behaviour of those fans who invaded the pitch and who caused the damage to the facility housing disabled supporters.

"The appropriate action will be taken to deal with those who can be identified but it should be pointed out that Rangers had made Kilmarnock aware of concerns over facilities for the disabled at Rugby Park."

They're absolute rockets. We've all had experience of being stuck outside a ground when gates have gone t!ts up but you don't just open a gate like this:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4567789/rangers-fans-rugby-park-gate/

To start off your official statement saying rightly or wrongly a gate was forced open just shows what a bunch of utter knobheads run the tribute act. Yes Kilmarnock are at fault for the gates not working but that doesn't give your support licence to run riot.

On a separate note when you know how many wallopers you're going to have in your ground I don't know who at Kilmarnock ever thought that was going to be a good set up for disabled seating.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 08:49

Quote:

jake89, Tue 6 Aug 00:15

When there was problems with our gates did anyone smash open a turnstile to gain entry?

When Martin Hardie scored THAT goal did we have fans jumping on top of roofs?

These guys have acted like this game against Killie was somehow meaningful. How bad are Rangers when they celebrate like that for a narrow win against Killie?

It was a meaningful game, Gerrard will be under pressure to compete for the title this season so to be two points off of Celtic after one game isn't going to go down well. Doesn't justify the actions which are OTT but I'd struggle to think of any team who wouldnt be a little excessive in their celebrating over a last gasp winner.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:04

Having seen the video even the rangers fans who ends up forcing the gate shouting that they are "causing another Hillsborough" by not opening the gates.

Seen comments saying fake tickets etc going around similar to matches at tynecastle among others previously

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:42

"Seen comments saying fake tickets etc going around similar to matches at tynecastle among others previously"

That's the story I was told, Rangers fans had copies of the tickets and because there was so many trying to use the same QR code it crashed the Killie system. Same rangers fan said the only reason for the crushing was the idiots trying to force the gate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 09:58

That Rangers statement is beyond belief - a shocking example of whataboutery.

Strict liability ASAP please.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:19

Killie do admit but do not apologise for having stricter than normal searches in place due to the known history of visiting fans carrying myrotechnic devices. These did cause some minor delays however were advised in advance and fans were urged to attend early to assist with the process.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:23

What about the statement from them last week anyone caught secretarian singing etc we will try and rehabilitate them .My eye how can they pick out 10 thousand morons giving it laldy,it will never stop.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:29

Seen a pic on reddit of the supposed 'crush'. Probably about 500 in. Wide open street, unable to queue like human beings. Get them to actual feck
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:05

After hearing their comments about Ayrshire being Protestant, I asked my Chocolate Labrador Max who was born in Dalry if this is true. He just barked No Surrender.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:19

Rangers doing there usual head in the sand routine. Rightly or wrongly? Come off it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:50

Agree Jake89, this single phrase is really what got my back up. It seems their PR is playing to the crowd but I believe that not all of the Rangers supporters will consider this to be a good turn of phrase.
Firstly is encamps both parties against each other before even the first discussion has taken place.
Secondly, it alienated most of non Rangers supporters and the more levelled headed Rangers fans. Yes there are some!
I just find it objectionable language to be used so quickly after an event where multiple issues occurred in the lead up to this supporter being injured.
The Scottish government and police don’t need any further ammunition into controlling and extracting more finances from the Scottish game and Rangers and Kilmarnock both need to have a look into the issues before playing to the gallery and washing all dirty linen in public.
The Football authorities in Scotland really need to take a handle on this and show some ownership of their member clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:51

Isn’t that bell-end James Traynor the Director of Communications at Ibrox?
That says it all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:54

Not that I like anything about rangers, in the last couple of seasons a few of thier players have crossed themselves when entering the field of play. Even Conner Goldson crossed himself after celebrating with fans after scoring his late winner.

The club may be trying to eradicate bigotory within the club, but it will never change anything whilst letting 60,000 Neanderthals inside Ibrox every second week, As I have stated on these boards many times, most of my family follow rangers, some of my cousins are Catholics but still support rangers. I know for a fact that ALL rangers fans are not to blame , But as long as rangers and celtic let thier fans treat thier stadiums like chapels of hate nothing will ever change.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Aug 13:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 14:10

"Isn’t that bell-end James Traynor the Director of Communications at Ibrox?
That says it all."

No. He left that role sometime ago - maybe 5 years ago?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 14:30

He did but he sometimes crops up as a spokesman for them which is a bit weird.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 15:43

You're right - how odd.

This relatively recent article refers to him as the Rangers's PR boss.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3916239/rangers-pr-chief-jim-traynor-slams-bbc-scotland-over-news-interview/
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: