DAFC.net
Home 26 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Patrick Thistle
Topic Originator: sammy_shuffle  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:01

Seems like a club in turmoil internally. Article in the Herald staring the manager has had his remaining budget pulled. Once the new owners take over it will be Barnsley's fringe players he will be getting.

The article also said that players and staff had to make their own way to Alloa on Saturday. Furthermore the multi millionaire lottery winner Colin Weir has pulled his funding so that it looks like their new training complex is Kaput as well. Quite sad really. Just goes to show what can happen to a club when ego's and corporate greed collide. The Spfl should carry out the due diligence and knock back the prospective new owner. Something not quite right. As the old saying goes beware of men bearing gifts.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Patrick Thistle
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:16

Not sad in the slightest. Stupid if anything.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:22

Is the multi millionaire lottery winner not in the middle of a divorce?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:37

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Tue 6 Aug 13:16

Not sad in the slightest. Stupid if anything.

We aren't in a position to moralise.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:58

Quick Google brought this up... https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17817509.transfer-budget-pulled-partick-thistle-insider-brands-club-a-shambles/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 17:24

The more the teams around us that are in turmoil, the better. Nothing against Thistle apart from the fact that my pal supports them and has a kind of West of Scotland supremist type attitude to teams from the sticks. I confess to being slightly hypocritical with him by suggesting that I hope they do well but underneath I hope we give them a good pummeling and don't mind if they get relegated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 17:31

Are you suggesting Lochgelly that the guys wife is going to run off with the funds that were promised to Thistle. It's a fickle world!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 17:44

The guy has separated from his wife.She will be wanting her cut,guess that's where the club will suffer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 17:51

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49255075?__twitter_impression=true
6 million in funding for new training facility , withdraw ,due to concerns over ownership

Post Edited (Tue 06 Aug 17:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 18:56

Never liked that Patrick chap.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 22:20

Look, the guy and his wife won £161 million. Yes, they're divorcing but I can't imagine that the promised £6 million has much bearing on that. He'll have as much loose change in his back pocket. Sounds more like the Jags are in total turmoil, that he doesn't like the direction it's going, and that he has been snubbed in some way. So, he's taking his bat home. Can't say I blame him. But what a mess and how stupid are those running the club. They could have been set up. Now sounds like they could go under. Hope not personally. Firhill was always my go-to in the Roughie years if I couldn't get to a Pars game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 22:24

I heard the new training facility was good to go but there was major road changes to be made that would cost a lot off money at the Kirkintilloch complex.
Imo Partick are fecked!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: