DAFC.net
Home 26 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Wayne Rooney
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 11:43

Looks like his MLS experiment could be finished just over 12 months since he joined DC United.

Looking odds on for a player coach role at Derby County. Still only 33 he was clearly head and shoulders above most of his DC United team-mates in the games I watched and i'm sure the frustration of losing 5-1 this weekend also hasnt helped his desire to stay.

As the MLS season draws to a close over the next 11 weeks it's clear DC United are not going to win either their conference or the MLS Cup so jumping ship now probably makes sense.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Wayne Rooney
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:04

Wayne Rooney is far too good for the MLS at the moment. I was disappointed to see him to there, he could still have offered a lot in the English game.

He'll rule in the Championship and could easily play another few years, look at Dean Windass.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:09

interesting set up at Derby, Cocu as new boss a month ago but Liam Rosenoir miked up in the stand last night speaking to bench as head first team coach

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skerla  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:09

Think it’s more personal reasons he is coming back over the pond. It’s Colleen that wants to go home not him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BerkshirePar  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:10

The Championship is a fast, exciting league but does lack a little quality. I was at the Reading v Sheffield Weds game at the weekend,
Steven Fletcher and Barry Bannan looked good, Charlie Adam did well when he came on.

Wayne Rooney would be so far above anyone in that league, mentally more than anything else. I'd have thought a club like Newcastle would've had a look at him
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:21

"Think it’s more personal reasons he is coming back over the pond. It’s Colleen that wants to go home not him."

Fair. I always thought America would be a pretty good place to play/live but there's so much bad news with guns etc I can see why she would want to move home.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 15:10

Looks like deal is signed but he'll stay with DC United until end of MLS season.

Appears that Coaches wages don't get measured for Financial Fair Play so a microscope against Derby by the looks of it !

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 22:44

Been given the #32 shirt at Derby - which just so happens to be their sponsors number 32Red betting.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: