DAFC.net
Home 26 August 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Andy Carroll
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 16:52

Signs for Newcastle

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Andy Carroll
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 17:12

guaranteed to score v arsenal on opening day
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 17:41

No he won't bandy, out for 2 weeks

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 19:33

Broke a knuckle signing the contract

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 20:27

Quote:

Jbob, Thu 8 Aug 19:33

Broke a knuckle signing the contract

And 3 pencils an' a'.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 22:41

Might be effective as an occasional impact player but might never string many games together.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 23:38

He's already done the 1st part of his job by getting the fans onside of Bruce

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 07:38

Out : Benitez & Perez

In : Bruce & Carroll

I'd but well hacked off with that if I was a Mag.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skerla  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:04

Also in: Joelinton, Willems, Saint-Maxim and a rb.

I’d be happy with that, especially since Perez only turned up for a couple of games a season. Leicester are mental paying £30m for him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:36

Remember a few weeks ago (around season ticket sale time) when Mourinho and Mbappe were linked.... some difference between them two and Steve Bruce and Andy Carroll.
Ashley killing that club, wouldn’t be surprised to see them go down.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 09:12

I honestly believe it's been a good window for NUFC.

I could be looking thro Mag tinted glasses , obviously they won't be challenging for Europe but every manager has a club he was meant to manage and I believe Steve Bruce has found his.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 09:35

The Newcastle express train is going to be great viewing this season. Next stop, Championship football
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 09:36

"I honestly believe it's been a good window for NUFC.

I could be looking thro Mag tinted glasses , obviously they won't be challenging for Europe but every manager has a club he was meant to manage and I believe Steve Bruce has found his."

I hope your right, but I think it's going to be a disaster.

I think Ashley's taking the pi$$ out the Toon fans. Won't spend the money Rafa wanted to move the club up the league, bring's in probably one of the last managers they wanted, he may have been a fan as a boy but he's still an ex-makem who's achieved very little as a manager (compared with Benitez) and teams play pretty basic football. Then gives him £50-60M to spend!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 11:07

Ashley is indeed a Tw@t of the highest order, he knows he can do what he likes with the club and the fans will turn up in numbers . I can understand the fans being upset about losing Benitez, but for him then move to China doesn't sit well with me. Altho we will never know what happened during his meetings, I believe he was asking for things knowing MA would not agree , paving his way to a massive pay day move to China.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 11:22

So he should have stayed at Newcastle for a fraction of what he's getting now?
Gie the guy a break... It's a poisoned chalice with Ashley in charge... Benitez done well to keep them up despite that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 11:52

cant believe the free ride rafa got. Ashley has never changed his position. Invested in Jan with Almiron etc and moved to spend this summer is clear to see. Rafa p!ssed off to china for big bucks and fans still blame the owners

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:19

Not saying that at all Widdy, what I am saying is ""I find it strange for someone who really wanted to stay at St James's park , left on Sunday , flew to China on Monday and had signed a contract by Tuesday morning.""

I don't like or agree with much that Ashley has done at NUFC, but the blame for losing Benitez does not lie solely at his door

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:34

Newcastle wouldn't even be in the Premier league without Rafa... Utter delusion from their followers who think he's somehow to blame for the utter mess that clubs in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:35

I'm not saying its all Ashley to blame. But you also can't blame Benitez for having his head turned for what is undoubtedly more cash and maybe even a wee bit more say in comings and goings at his new club.
He's been like a man with one hand tied behind his back at Newcastle.
I think it's obvious he's had "irons in the fire" previous to contract negotiations at Newcastle but he's not done anything underhand in my book. Everyone has a right to seek alternative employment if they so wish.
Good luck to him.
However I do understand if the Newcastle Faithfull are less than pleased. It just shows how highly regarded he was at Newcastle.
Could have been worse... He could have went to Sunderland 🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:24

Andrew283 No one is suggesting that Newcastle are in the mess they are in due to ANYTHING that Rafa has done.

Mike Ashley is a total baw bag of a man that has made a mockery out of the club. What I am saying is the reasons for Rafa leaving has more to do with the pay day he is now earning managing a club in a nothing league.

Widdy , I could not agree more, a million pound a month would make Any one move any where , including the stadium of sh**e 🤑

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 14:35

Not gonna lie, if someone was offering me greater control of my job, in an easier role, whilst making more money... I'd bite their hand off.

China is well beneath his level but I don't blame him for leaving Newcastle in the slightest. Ashley has milked that club worse than the Glazers at Man U and they need punted themselves
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 15:04

100% agree

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 17:36

They lucked out , Benitez is still one of the best managers in the world.

Having said that Newcastle really ARE a club that's Championship/top flight albeit with a huge support,there's nothing to say in the history otherwise.

Fans are a bit delusional as well, just because there's plenty of them, they seem to be a bit ill informed (bring back Keegan, Shearer etc) so the manager they needed (Alardyce) for a short time, to do the one thing Newcastle need (structure, systems etc) they shouted him out basically to go for Keegan! then Shearer was the hero.........then Houghton was the next decent manager-and look what they did to him.

Ashley is a very poor chairman, true, and surely has to sell-but he hasn't asset stripped or paid massive dividends re the Glazers.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: