DAFC.net
Home 23 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Captain Fantastic
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 12:36

I think appointing Paul Paton as Captain has been a masterstroke by The Craw. The guy clearly leads both on and off the pitch and takes no crap on either too if his Twitter is any evidence.

https://twitter.com/PaulPaton4/status/1162800164916146176?s=19

Post Edited (Sun 18 Aug 12:40)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Captain Fantastic
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 12:40

Still not seen the team play yet, but I'll hold my hands up as I was one of those that was less than happy about that signing. He's proved us wrong so far
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 18:29

There's a good interview with him on COWS which puts the result into perspective. He's a bluenose by the way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 21:18

He’d be the first to admit he’s not technically the best but he has the right attitude and that rubs off on everyone else. Kind of half expect Joe Thompson to take his spot when fully fit but his influence off the pitch is still required
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 22:43

One of the best captains we have had in ages. He helps and does a lot of work with the young players behind the scenes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 22:45

I thought he was great yesterday, a real leader
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 00:37

What a great interview from him .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 01:40

Yes, it's an inspiring interview. We seem to have very good chemistry in the team right now, from the players right through to the management. This could turn out to be a very special year for the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 01:46

Ozpar it was like reading something from Norrie era
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 02:33

I couldn't agree more, Al. Paul Paton's a good 'un.

In all walks of life, mentoring is really important and it can lead on to great things. Back in the day, we had inspirational figures like Norrie... and before him Dave McNicol... and before him Roy Barry... and before him Willie Cunningham, etc., etc.

I am really impressed by the culture that is being developed at EEP right now. This focus on talented youth is clearly the way to go. While the management team has to be given a lot of credit for this, I suspect that Jackie Mac has played a significant part in this too.

Towards the end of last season, I think we were all pretty depressed about how little spirit and belief there was in our squad. Thankfully, Stevie Crawford got rid of the bad eggs and time wasters and brought in Paton, clearly a positive thinking leader, and a set of young players all with ambitions to develop their football careers.

We are starting to see the fruits of this strategy. It may take time to achieve the success that we all want for the club, but there is no doubting that this is a worthwhile approach. For sure, it is certainly a lot more enjoyable to watch than the turgid rubbish we endured last season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: