DAFC.net
Home 17 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tom Boyd
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 13:09

Making an absolute *** of himself on Celtic TV yesterday.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4618106/tom-boyd-john-beaton-celtic/

Never a penalty in a million years. Shows just how much we had them rattled yesterday too.

The good old days

Post Edited (Sun 18 Aug 14:08)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tom Boyd
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 13:58

An embarrassing meltdown from him yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 14:05

The guy is an absolute melt who attempts to pander to the paranoid element of their support. Always cheated never defeated.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 15:46

I’m surprised at Boyd, thought he was better than that. Must be amazing winning the league, year after year with all the referees against you. Utter moron.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 15:49

I've met Tom boyd on a few occasions and always came across as a fair, level headed guy.

I suppose if you want to keep your job , you say what fans want to hear.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 16:00

Boyd is as rabid as they come . An absolute throbber of a man .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 20:52

I think that if anyone feels that strongly and feels the system is not right then they should think about how to change it. Perhaps becoming a referee himsrlf he would be in a position to influence change. At the end of the day, referees like everyone else are human and will make mistakes. Thats life. Im sure there will be two perspectives whether you are a Dunfermline or Celtic supporter. Again thats a human thing to do. At the end if the day its just a game and nobody has died from a perceived wrong decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 00:26

What a t!t...overated player with a pea brain
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 15:08

The Scottish FA compliance officer is to investigate comments made by former Celtic captain Tom Boyd about John Beaton during Saturday's League Cup win against match against Dunfermline.

Commentating for CelticTV, the club ambassador criticised the referee for not awarding the hosts a penalty.

"If he doesn't know that's a penalty he should not be in the middle of the park refereeing a football game," Boyd said.

"He'll probably be welcomed down his pub tonight again."

Afolabi joins Celtic on two-year dealLennon 'proud' of Celtic response

Holders Celtic beat Dunfermline 2-1 in extra-time and during half-time of the additional 30-minute period, Boyd commented further on Beaton's decision not to give the hosts a spot-kick for handball.

"Old law, new law, no matter what kind of law, that is a penalty," he said. "How John Beaton hasn't given that... we've seen it before from referees like this. John Beaton not giving us penalty, absolutely stunning decision… standing alone there, I wonder what his thoughts are.

"I'm mystified… I'm not mystified. John Beaton as though it was a pre-meditated decision not to give that penalty because it was so late in the game, I'm not sure.

"It's come off his arm. Regardless of players down or whatever, he's not given a drop ball. So he's seen it hit the hand of the Dunfermline player and it should be a penalty. Outrageous decision from John Beaton.

"We've not played well, but once again a decision from a referee may cost us in this game, hopefully we'll go on and beat not the 10 men, not the 11 men of Dunfermline, but the 12 men."

The Compliance Officer is to investigate the nature of the comments.

Boyd played for Celtic between 1992 and 2003, winning eight trophies, and was capped 72 times by Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 15:15

What about the kick in the head in the first half did Mr. Boyd not see that as a penalty?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 15:22

What a brainless rant that was. How does he think that will help his club? Refs are only human and to insinuate that he was favouring the Pars on Celtic's own turf is completely laughable.

Will this make Beaton more likely to give Celtic a 50-50 decision next time he refs one of their games? I doubt it.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsPryde  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 15:25

I assume the highlights don't show this "blatant hand ball" penalty claim as I can't remember seeing it.

I did see a possible two for us, Nisbet being caught with a high boot and a possible shove as our player was running into far post for a header.

Nisbet was a serious shout, not sure if there was much in the shove on our player going for header but have seen them given.

==============
Have your say, Join the PST Today

Proud to be a Par

"If you don't want to wear the jersey, stay in the dressing room": Norrie McCathie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 15:32

I don't think the comments about Beaton being 'welcomed down his pub tonight again' will go down well with the SFA. Wasn't this a reference to a previous (unsubstantiated?) allegation that the referee frequented a Rangers' pub?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 15:56

I had both pars tv and celtic tv on as pars tv was jumping in and out of service .

I watched on the celtic tv and heard all his comments and thought straight away he would be in trouble for his comments .

I did think at the time it was a penalty, So I believe he got the call right but not his stupid comments .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 16:04

Tom Boyd greeting about Dunfermline having some kind 'unfair advantage' over Celtic, because the referee has some unproven bias towards Rangers, pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with football in Scotland.

The game's a bogey,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 16:08

And the Scottish FA compliance officer will do.........
Sod All...

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 17:04

Celtic said in a statement: "We have had absolutely no contact from the SFA in relation to this matter and, given the context and circumstances in which the comments were made, would be astonished if the matter were to be progressed. If it is, then we will respond robustly."

Scottish Football Association article 29.2
'A club or recognised football body which publishes, distributes, issues, sells or authorises a third party to publish, distribute, issue or sell a match programme or any other publication or audio/visual material of any description in any media now existing or hereinafter invented, including but not limited to the Internet, social networking or micro-blogging sites, shall ensure that any such publications or audio/visual material does not contain any criticism of any match official calculated to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official or to impinge upon his character.'

Post Edited (Mon 19 Aug 17:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 20:33

Celtic paranoia is something else. I saw some of their fans claiming one of our players was joining in a particular chant whilst warming up! They're unreal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 23:26

If/When sevco win the league it’s genuinely going to end some of the Celtic support. They are weak , well they both are in fairness . That’s why they end up supporting the old firm. No got enough about them .

Post Edited (Mon 19 Aug 23:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 09:26

John Beaton made mistakes on Saturday one of those were denying us a stonewall penalty late on but referees do show bias in favour of Celtic and Rangers that is a fact that Mr Boyd ignores
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 09:56

The acid test for the OF is proving themselves in Europe and lately Celtic have only proved how inept they are. So their fans are feeling a wee bit delicate. Their recent managers have boosted their egos in the false understanding that winning trebles in Scotland with a team that cost 10 times more than the average teams in the SPL is some kind of an achievement. And when a bargain basement 11 like the Pars comes along and shows up their inadequacies that's a real blow to their delusions of grandeur.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 12:10

I have to say that I always had a slight leaning towards Celtic and none towards the Rangers 1 or 2. Having met Tommy Burns and Billy McNeil, both of them came across as decent people. As I don't go to away games now I wasn't at the game last Saturday. However shouting about their past coaches and several of their religious leaders liking of small boys whilst true is not what we as a non sectarian club should do. There have been in incidents involving coaches in England we should let the law deal with these issues. From photographic evidence we should been awarded a penalty and more free kicks. Tom Boyd is probably paid by Celtic FC therefore he should watch what he is saying especially comments about sectarian issues.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 13:02

Boyd plays up to the noisy minority in attempt to be popular.. He is part of the problem with Scottish football on both sides of the old firm divide. Celtic will vigorously defend him, that tells you a story in itself, they will defend anything
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 14:26

What I can never get over is the sheer entitlement of Celtic fans.

They have known nothing but success for three long years yet were booing,jeering and,in some cases,walking out after the 90 minutes.

Comments such as "premeditated decisions "beggar belief .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Tue 20 Aug 14:57

Apologies Paralex - I clicked 'dislike' on your post by mistake!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 06:30

More references to the “Old Firm”

No longer applicable as Rangers died, how can the new team and Celtic be termed the “Old Firm” ?

Better to refer to them as the Bigger Glasgow clubs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 07:45

Just for the record the club didnt die it was the company who went into liquidation not the club therefore the old firm still applies
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 07:59

This forum has a creepy obsession with Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco etc.

First their fans were apparently infiltrating our end last week, and now a thread about a Celtic TV presenter is getting turned into them too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 08:07

Deed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 09:14

"Just for the record the club didnt die it was the company who went into liquidation not the club therefore the old firm still applies"

Utter bollock$.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 09:24

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 21 Aug 07:45

Just for the record the club didnt die it was the company who went into liquidation not the club therefore the old firm still applies

Rangers were incorporated in 1899, club and company became one and the same and under Scots law cannot be separated, one goes they both go
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 09:57

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 21 Aug 07:45

The myths around this are going to be accepted as fact if people aren't careful.

The club the players were registered to ceased to exist, the players had to be re-registered with the new club details. That's why lots of them were able to walk away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 10:03

But I thought they didn't do "walking away" 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 13:37

"The myths around this are going to be accepted as fact if people aren't careful.

The club the players were registered to ceased to exist, the players had to be re-registered with the new club details. That's why lots of them were able to walk away."

Also, the 'old club' had a vote in allowing the 'new club' into the league.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 15:06

Rangers definitely died. We all watched it happen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 21 Aug 16:28

But I thought they didn't do "walking away" 🤣

They don't - here's the proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zw92lSNus

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: