DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 You will win nothing with kids
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 10:26

Famous statement by Alan Hansen which left him with egg on his face. What is clear though is that, in our case, we are getting great inconsistency. Great performances at Paisley and Parkhead, dire performances at Edinburgh City and Arbroath. If you are going down the kids route, which we are after the experienced pros last season flopped badly, then it is probably more important than ever that they are managed properly, on and off the park.

It is the on the park part that worries me. Have never been convinced that Crawford has the steel to be a good manager. Nice guys also need an edge and I don't see it with him. However, if he and the players learn quickly, I think there is enough talent in the squad to do much better. The danger is that after a poor start, the heads go down and we get in a rut. That's when young players look to their manager to lift them and Crawford needs to rise to that. As fans though, some of us need to show a bit more patience even though it is difficult at times.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: You will win nothing with kids
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 10:54

Defo a good squad there, but Stevie seems to like AJ have no clue on how to change a game.

If we were to move Stevie on, and got right man in, i think we have a greater chance of getting more from this squad than last years squad.
[IP address logged]
 Re: You will win nothing with kids
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 11:23

Yet Stevie played under Jimmy Calderwood, who was very good at changing a game, even though it occasionally back fired, many times it worked for him. Stevie also had the benefit of Brewster as his strike partner, which showed how important it is to have a good pairing up front. I despair when we play one striker on his own, or even when we play 2, they are so far apart that they are of no use to each other, like Nesbitt and Ryan last week.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: