DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Forwards
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 11:07

For me, this is the area of the park that is the most worrying.
Striking options of Nisbet, Ryan, McCann and McGill is hardly putting much fear in the opposition.
Taking my Pars glasses off, if those were the front 4 at Morton, Partick, Ayr, Queens etc and we were playing against them, then I don't reckon most of us would be too concerned.
I'm not saying they shouldn't be given time, but thats the area where we are missing experience.
Rather than another wide player I think we should be looking for an experienced striker. I felt someone like Doolan could've been a good option.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Forwards
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 11:17

We didn't create one decent chance for the forwards yesterday. Someone needs to provide the ammunition.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 11:25

and the forwards need to hold the ball up, run the channels etc etc which can be a starting point to provide the ammunition, not much of that happened yesterday.

can look for "experienced" players but you cant do anything if they aren't out there/available/within budget/good enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 11:43

Why on earth would Doolan have been a good option? Absolutely nothing would suggest he'd be a good anything.

There was nothing Nisbet could have done with the service yesterday, it was honking.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 12:13

The much maligned Devine made the best pass of the match yesterday to set Nisbet in the clear and he made a very poor attempt at collecting it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 12:51

: Forwards
Topic Originator: Grant like | nolike
Date: Sun 1 Sep 11:43

Why on earth would Doolan have been a good option? Absolutely nothing would suggest he'd be a good anything.

There was nothing Nisbet could have done with the service yesterday, it was honking.

Doolan had a record of a goal every three games for Thistle. When was the last time we had a striker like that.?
As we saw when we signed Craig Brewster, it's sometimes not about scoring goals but about movement, link up play, knowing when to slow the game down or speed it up. Personally I just feel the team would benefit from someone like that and Doolan was an example.
Completely agree regards how poor the service was yesterday.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 12:52

****** hell, Nesbit had a poor touch on his poor foot, better punt him to the under 12s.

Devine got much maligned because he was absolutely atrocious.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 14:16

Nesbit the only forward I’ve seen so far that looks like he could cut it at this level.

Ryan is poor, McCann works really hard but is not sure what to do with it when he has it and haven’t seen McGill.

Coley looks like all pace and nothing else, Paton too slow, deliberate and can only pass the way he’s facing which is always back or sideways and Dow looks like he could cut it. Beadling seems hot and cold but our tactics with long punts and Paton sitting so deep don’t support him. Turner looks good and up for the fight but again what’s he going to do with long punts?

Last 2 games Nesbit looks like a beaten man living of long punts with no support.

Are we actually playing to anyone’s strengths in this team?

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 15:09

As Craw said himself, we scored against Celtic after switching to 2 up front. Last couple of games we’ve played “one” up front. Even with Shankland, Dundee United played 2 up front against us.

Personally, while playing with one striker may be a ‘theory’ on paper; unless that “one” happens to be the like of Neymar, Bale or Ronaldo - then you’re in for slim pickings.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 18:26

Should have went with Mcann alongside Nisbet , instead of him out wide

G.B
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: