DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 MoM yesterday
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 13:07

Not surprised there isn't a thread on a MoM for the Arbroath game .
Every one of our players fail to get a pass mark from me .
It was so pash that some fans spent most of the game looking over the wall at the sea !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: MoM yesterday
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 14:57

Lee Ashcroft

Runner Up Kyle Turner.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 15:01

Genuinely couldn't pick one from yesterday. Really poor stuff. Reminded me of Queen of South near the end of last season when we lost one nil. No one stood out.

Post Edited (Sun 01 Sep 15:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 15:19

Cochrane. He looked interested.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 18:23

Me and the rest of the fans who travelled up there and had to put up with an horrific show of football .
Take a bow Pars fans

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 18:50

Lewis Martin - still busting a gut right to the end.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 19:02

We lost 2-1 to QoTS at the end of last season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 20:22

Not one off those players deserved mom yesterday and who was voted should be embarrassed!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 20:41

We lost 2-1 to QoTS at the end of last season. You"re right. Think we scored with last kick. Sentiment still stands though. We were guff that day and yesterday's clueless performance reminded me of that game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 2 Sep 01:29

Aye you're not wrong, I'd say Saturday was even worse than that but it had a similar feel.

Jackson scored late on from a corner.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 2 Sep 08:17

Can’t name a man of the match from Saturday. Whole team was shockingly bad. Keeper should have saved the goal and his distribution was very poor. Both centre halves were atrocious and kept causing themselves problems. Full backs didn’t contribute anything. Midfield were anonymous, wide men created and contributed nothing and Nisbet didn’t trouble their defence at all (to be fair, he was being asked to take on a 4 man defence on his own).

Some people will probably point out that the midfield were anonymous because they were being bypassed by the long balls, Nisbet/the wide men were given terrible service etc, but the reality is, did they ever make themselves available for easy balls? Nobody seemed willing to help out the defence by giving them an easier option. Nobody was telling the defence to hit it into the channels, where there was more space. Likewise, the defence should have been screaming at teammates to give them better options. There wasn’t a leader on the park, there wasn’t a single player willing to take any responsibility, willing to try something different. We had a group of individuals out there, not a team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 2 Sep 09:37

I think this is a pretty good summing up - although defensively I thought we were solid against a pretty toothless Arbroath attack - the problem was the distribution when the defenders had the ball.

Bang on about the lack of leadership - you want your captain to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on - in reality the majority of the time Paton had the ball he passed it back to Devine.

Lots of people are talking about this being a rollercoaster season in the league - about time the rollercoaster started it’s upward trajectory

Andy J

Post Edited (Mon 02 Sep 11:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 2 Sep 14:06

More like a runaway train.

G.B
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: