DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cochrane n Mcdonald with Hearts Colts
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 14:28

Will travel with Hearts Colts for their upcoming cup tie away from home this weekend.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cochrane n Mcdonald with Hearts Colts
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 15:41

I'm say it will happen but wouldn't it be strange if Heart's Colts and us were to meet in the final. Cochrane would end up playing against the team he has played all season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 16:06

There will be a clause in the loan agreement to prevent that scenario I expect.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 21:58

This loan carry on is just a farce why can't the rules just get back to the basics.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 22:43

This cup needs scrapped, it’s an embarrassment and just costs teams money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 22:49

If you are on loan for full season then you should be commited to that club for the full season .

I understand it can work both ways and a clause to return January may suit both ,But thats the risk you should be prepared to take when loaning a player .

Imagine we get a good winning/ performing run with the three loanees we have taken on board and all three are taken back in January .

My opinion its loan for full season end off and you take that risk it may not work or you simply dont take loanees .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 22:56

You just know one or both will get injured.....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jjonjord  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 23:01

Quote:

Rigger Al, Wed 4 Sep 22:49

If you are on loan for full season then you should be commited to that club for the full season .

I understand it can work both ways and a clause to return January may suit both ,But thats the risk you should be prepared to take when loaning a player .

Imagine we get a good winning/ performing run with the three loanees we have taken on board and all three are taken back in January .

My opinion its loan for full season end off and you take that risk it may not work or you simply dont take loanees .

To draw such a distinct line with loans would be a mistake in my view.

What if a loanee is injured during the first couple of months of the season? In the current setup, they would likely return to their parent club for treatment, and we as the club loaning the player would be spared any medical bills/continuing wages for an injured player that isn't our 'asset'.

Also, I would suspect that insisting on the removal of all clauses in the loan terms would simply see the parent club refuse to loan players out at all, which would - in my opinion - be a backwards step for the development of our young players as a nation.

Accepting that a player may be recalled is a small price to pay in my book.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 4 Sep 23:10

Quote:

Jjonjord, Wed 4 Sep 23:01

Quote:

Rigger Al, Wed 4 Sep 22:49

To draw such a distinct line with loans would be a mistake in my view.

What if a loanee is injured during the first couple of months of the season? In the current setup, they would likely return to their parent club for treatment, and we as the club loaning the player would be spared any medical bills/continuing wages for an injured player that isn't our 'asset'.

Also, I would suspect that insisting on the removal of all clauses in the loan terms would simply see the parent club refuse to loan players out at all, which would - in my opinion - be a backwards step for the development of our young players as a nation.

Accepting that a player may be recalled is a small price to pay in my book.

Injuries we can do nothing about .
I just see it being abused by the parent club .
Letting his fringe player go out on loan get match fit and game time that they cant give then recall them in Jan .
Just my opinion .
Opinions are like assholes every body has one 😂😂 Just some bigger than others .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 07:57

Even if a player does get recalled in January, I still see it as a ‘win’ for all parties.

We get a player we couldn’t otherwise afford for half of the season, that player gets game time and different coaching (which, in theory, should help their progression) and the parent club are hoping that the player comes back as a better player.

Yes, it can be a bit unsettling if a player gets recalled in January, but there’s still the chance to bring in another loanee. You also can’t ignore that it’s still a lot better to have the player for half a season, than not at all. There probably isn’t room in the budget for more permanent signings, so this allows us to strengthen the squad in another way, albeit temporarily. I would imagine it also helps to build relationships with other clubs - for example, this is the second season in a row that Hearts have loaned us 2 players. Good relations with other clubs go a long way in football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 10:29

Is it not the case that they have already played in Hearts colts team already and would therefore be Cup Tied and not available for us anyway?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 10:51

You would be correct 1970

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 11:03

All the reserve players we have loaned out still play in the reserve team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 12:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 4 Sep 22:56

You just know one or both will get injured.....

I wonder if we will be responsible for whatever part of their wages we agreed to pay if this were to happen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 12:58

Can't remember what year it was (maybe 2015) that Chelsea had something like 30 odd players out on loan at the same time.
That's 3 full teams min 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 13:31

They have 28 out on loan this year despite their transfer ban. They also have a manager for their loan players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 13:41

That must be a job that involves a lot of travel 😂
One thing I've never understood is when teams buy a player, then loan him out straight away.
I remember Liverpool doing it 5 or 6 seasons ago on transfer deadline day. Can't remember the players name but they bought him for not a lot of money and immediately loaned him to a Turkish side I think. As far as I'm aware he never played or even trained with Liverpool but he was their player for two years until he was eventually sold on.
Weird... Maybe he wasn't deemed good enough but someone must have seen some kind of potential in order to buy him in the first place.

Post Edited (Thu 05 Sep 13:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 20:59

I see Hearts do have a "Loans Manager" these days, former QOTSA manager Gary Naysmith. I have no idea what a position like that would entail. Sounds like a bit of a skive compared to his previous job though
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DayMan  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 21:43

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 5 Sep 20:59

I see Hearts do have a "Loans Manager" these days, former QOTSA manager Gary Naysmith. I have no idea what a position like that would entail. Sounds like a bit of a skive compared to his previous job though

I didn't know Gary Naysmith was pals with Josh Homme.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 5 Sep 23:14

Quote:

DayMan, Thu 5 Sep 21:43

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 5 Sep 20:59

I didn't know Gary Naysmith was pals with Josh Homme.

No one knows that, mate
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 6 Sep 09:13

It's a lost art keeping a secret
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: