DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 #RespectourPlayers
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Fri 6 Sep 08:55

Not something that's said very often but fair praise to the Scottish Sun for their recently launched campaign.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4684016/respect-our-players-campaign-scottish-football

Last season saw an alarming number of incidents but already new depths have been plumbed by that scumbag shouting to Scott Brown about his sister on Sunday. On that note, glad to see Rangers acted swiftly and banned him for life.

Banter is all good and well but what we've seen an increase in recently oversteps that mark. Hope the campaign is a success.

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: #RespectourPlayers
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 6 Sep 13:23

100% agree
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Fri 6 Sep 14:06

This doesn't count for Andy Rodgers who doesn't respect our fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Fri 6 Sep 14:10

Doesn’t count for Andy Todger because he is never a player and never was, just a filthy rodent

Same rules apply
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 09:13

Scott Brown would do well to change his own onfield demeanour if he doesn't want to attract the attentions of the more unbalanced and unruly members of society. Sadly, it seems that element will always be there and doesn't require much provocation but his arrogant and often vicious approach to the game doesn't help his case.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 09:32

Doesn’t count for Andy Todger because he is never a player and never was, just a filthy rodent

Anyone else see the irony in this ?

Post Edited (Mon 09 Sep 09:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 15:19

The same Scott Brown who minutes after an idiot made a horrific comment about his late sister was happy to have his photograph taking with a young Rangers fan?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 15:56

Rubbish Paralex, Brown can be a bellend on the field, but never heard anything but him being a gent off field and that should be all that matters. Some fans are just blithering idiots who should never be allowed near a football stadium
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 16:43

^

Seconded.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 18:01

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 9 Sep 09:13

Scott Brown would do well to change his own onfield demeanour if he doesn't want to attract the attentions of the more unbalanced and unruly members of society. Sadly, it seems that element will always be there and doesn't require much provocation but his arrogant and often vicious approach to the game doesn't help his case.

With respect that's a lot of absolute crap

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 23:28

Obviously a lot of Scott Brown sychophants here. The guy thrives on arrogantly winding up the most unruly elements of the Rangers support and has somehow survived red cards for some of the most shocking tackles I've seen in recent years.

Of course it matters how players deport themselves on the pitch. Being one person in public and another one in private just doesn't work. It's like saying there's a different moral code for famous people in the public eye and another one for ordinary people. It's simple, if he doesn't want to attract the attentions of the moronic set at Ibrox he would do better to drop his own moronic behaviour on the pitch.

Post Edited (Mon 09 Sep 23:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 05:30

What an absolutely sickening post paralex. Surely you’re not just another sevco apologist? The irony is staggering
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 06:36

So in summary, some folk believe that if a player is combative on the pitch, then that justifies sickening abuse?

What if a player scored too many goals against youe team? or perhaps dribbled past too many of your players? or nutmegs your star player?

Even suggesting that gives a slither of defence to complete morons... Sorry to break it to you but this is just a game and there are clearly bottom holes who follow it that need to grow up and get a life!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 06:46

Doesn’t matter whether you’re Scott Brown, Joey Barton or Chris Sutton. No one deserves personal abuse about family members. It’s sick and the people who think this is acceptable need a skelp. There are some sick, sad people in the world. The fact that Neil Lennon can’t even go out for a drink without getting abuse is shocking. Fair enough, slag him at the stadium but for goodness sake, leave the man alone when he’s out in public.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 07:05

I 100% agree with RossF and similar posters that the abuse of Scott Brown is sickening and out of order and those guilty of it should be brought to book. I think the criticism of Paralex though is a bit over the top - I don’t see any evidence of him defending this behaviour - there is no doubt that Brown does not help himself with his behaviour on the pitch, in particular against The Rangers (and I don’t mean his hard tackling approach and leadership of his team). Having said that I would find it difficult to contain myself if i’d had to put up with what he has.

I don’t suppose it will ever happen but how good would it be to see pictures of the likes of Scott Brown and Andy Halliday laughing and joking doing joint hospital visits together?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 09:30

Exactly, AJ27, in no way did I justify the abuse and the accusations are wild, arbitrary and frantic. A wee bit of grown up sense from Messr Brown and he would be less likely to attract the unwanted attention.

I can't remember any of the great Celtic captains of past generations having the poor judgement to rile up the opposition fans. Billy Macneil behaved with impeccable behaviour on and off the pitch. Maybe he had a better grasp of the deep hatred that could be stirred up in a deeply divided city. The players who have the greatest positions of privilege have the greatest degree of responsibility .

Post Edited (Tue 10 Sep 10:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 15:55

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4716039/fernando-ricksen-nacho-novo-rangers-celtic-vile-insult-troll

Sometimes there are no words.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 16:37

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Fri 13 Sep 15:55

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4716039/fernando-ricksen-nacho-novo-rangers-celtic-vile-insult-troll

Sometimes there are no words.

Celtic and Sevco fans....a disgusting bunch
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Sep 16:56

This is half the problem . When ex players like novo and the likes of Arthur Numan buy in to the bigot bros utter drivel. So sad. Point scoring nonsense .
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: