DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Players today
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 17:56

Don't get to watch the team live all that often so quite interesting to see the new squad:

Gill - Dunno if there was much he could do for the first goal and no chance at the second. Cracking save in the first half but a bit suspect with kicking sometimes. Glad to see him get a shot with the main defence in front of him though!

Comrie - thought he did well actually. Really workmanlike in his performance.

Ashcroft - Solid enough but a few shaky moments

Lang - Actually like the look of him. Seems comfortable on the ball and willing to carry it forward. Hope the injury isn't serious!

Martin - Again solid enough and tries to make things happen. Did think there were one or two times where he could have pushed forward into space off the ball.

Todd - Seems confident but I'm not sure he's quite the finished article yet. Is LM his natural position? Seemed a bit all over positionally.

Beadling - have to admit I'm struggling to understand the hype around this guy. Doesn't really add much to the team for me.

Paton - Reminds me of Alex Burke! Slows down the play too much for me but I think Crawford won't drop his Captain.

Kiltie - looks a player but needs time I think. Good at pushing forward but needs to watch he doesn't run into trouble. That flick that he turned and ran onto was quality!

Turner - Have to say I think we have a good player there but he's not being used properly - reckon he would be better as a CM because he's good at carrying the ball and can find a pass too - the chip to Comrie was great! Works hard and was knackered at the end.

McGill - Not sure about him tbh. Holds up the play fairly well but not sure exactly what type of striker he is. Think he needs a goal in the lague to kick start.

Ryan - Not sure why Crawford insists on playing him behind the striker or out wide. Has goals in him if he's played properly.

Nisbet - the targetman we've been missing. Think he has it all - strength, pace and can play a pass

Edwards - thought he looked decent when he came on. Played some decent passes and got us moving.

Overall, I thought the set up was all wrong. Playing one up front is just a waste. I'd have Ryan and Nisbet as a front two and be putting Kyle Turner in as a Central midfielder rather than the second striker/hole role that he's playing now. Reckon he and Joe Thomson could be a good CM pairing for us but I doubt Crawford will drop Beadling and Paton. We also have the lad from Hearts too who looked decent for Central mid. Don't even know what formation Crawford is playing tbh 4-1-3-1-1?

Reckon we have a decent squad but the system needs fixed!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Players today
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:25

That's a pretty good summing-up, hj, but I wonder if Turner is strong enough to be a CM. The formation had me baffled as well. I'd play 4-4-2 with Dow and Kiltie wide and Nisbet and Ryan up front.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:28

Very fair assessment HJ.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:30

We cannot play Paton and Beadling in a 2 in the middle. Paton is far too slow for it and that’s surely been discovered by now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:35

Paton is a big problem and slows the play down.
Back to basics in a 4-4-2 formation without Paton.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:39

One up front against Alloa sums it up for me, playing for time already.
AJ's term ended an uninspiring mess, Crawford's has started as an uninspiring mess.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:47

Need to drop Paton , slows everything down to walking pace , since his arrival he has maybe played one good game , not near good enough , supposed to be there to help the young players , I pity them if they need to learn anything from him
as for the rest today not really anything to talk about in a positive manner
and sorry But Gill just showed today he is worse than Scully
It is about time we got a keeper in , as this is possibly why our defense is so shaky no confidence in the goalkeeper
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:53

Comparing Paton to Burke is daft. Burke could play. Paton is awful.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 19:46

Beading was slowing the game down today also i thought, would not blame Gill for any of the goals today but his distribution was a bit dodgy at times.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 20:18

We play a too cautious approach to every game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 21:27

Gill was definitely to blame for the first in my opinion, his kicking was dodgy at times as well. Scully strolls back in next week.
Comrie played well again I thought
Lang looked ok (1 dodgy moment apart)
Ashcroft was usual Ashcroft
Martin I thought was ok going forward but didn't think he done well defensively.
Paton was 5/10
Beadling again was poor
Todd was poor (I don't think there's a championship player there)
Turner like Martin was ok offensively but the other aspects of his game need work.
McGill to me looked poor
Kiltie looked quality.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 22:07

Geez have we not learned anything over the years in respect to immobile central midfield players?

IT DOESNT WORK.

How ironic that Paton being brought in as a steady influence and being made captain might well cost craw his job. He won’t drop his captain surely, unless he picks up a wee ‘knock’ in training.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 22:21

Play 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield using Paton as the back player. He can’t drop back and gets the team up the park..... or Craw as manager drops him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 22:31

He's not helped by Beadling, who at this point is contributing SFA.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 23:59

Never really rated Alex Burke if I'm honest - a poor mans Mason. I always remember thinking that our best midfield pairing that season would be Phinn and Bell, but they very rarely got the chance to play together.

I don't get this thing that we NEED to have a defensive and an attacking midfielder. Is it not better to have two box-to-box central midfielders? Bell and Phinn were both box-to-box and I suspect Thomson and Turner would be the same.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 09:49

dpard writes "Scully strolls back in next week."

Obviously you didn't witness his latest breathtaking performance up at Arbroath.

His apologists have disappeared into the woodwork.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 10:07

Lots of concern throughout the team at present but goalkeeper is the biggest issue of all as I have no confidence in either Scully or Gill - and this was exactly the opinion I had when we signed Scully.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 10:31

Totally agree with AJ27 no confidence in either keeper didn’t agree with the signing of Scully in the first place not good enough for our rivals yet good enough for us and Cammy doesn’t have the presence that decent Keepers have I thought he looked like a rabbit in the headlights every time the ball came near him yesterday

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 11:22

Topic Originator: Sliema Par like | nolike
Date: Sun 8 Sep 09:49

dpard writes "Scully strolls back in next week."

Obviously you didn't witness his latest breathtaking performance up at Arbroath.

His apologists have disappeared into the woodwork.

Yep, I was at Arbroath thanks. Were you? Do you actually go to away games? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 12:10

Having watched all of Scully this season, and both of Gills latest first team games then it's absolutely no question that Scully comes back in, for a keeper that's apparently better with his feet he cost us a goal against Inverness and then nearly cost us again yesterday although thankfully Trouten ****** it.

Not to mention that absolute howler he had with the actual goal.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: