DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Crawford tactics
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:02

No wingers which it's been crying out for all season ,then at HT puts the same formation out.Then the subs ,player lying injured and doesn't wait to see if he needs substituted and to crown it all puts Ryan on in midfield bizarre to say the least.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Crawford tactics
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:03

There was absolutely zero tactics. Why we promoted a coach from a failed set up last season is beyond me
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:10

No wingers - Nissbet seemed happy to play on either wing when he came on. Seems to have caught that same disease that Muirhead had last season.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:24

Can,t comment on his tactics as it appearsb he doesn,t have any , totally clueless

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:27

Congratulations Fred for being the first person ever to use the words "Crawford" and "Tactics" in the same sentence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:34

1 'striker' at home to Alloa! This was a game that we had to win regardless of the competition to give us a lift yet drops our main striker 🤷‍♂️🙈

Not good enough! We need an experienced manager for for a young squad...as much as I loved him as a player, Crawford is not the man to take us forward.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: InschPar  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:41

Reading Buffy’s updates, it would appear that Andy Ryan was taking the corners when he came on, surely a striker should be in the box awaiting the cross !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 18:50

Cannot talk about crawford's tactics as there was absolutely none on show
as another poster said it was a game we really needed to win to give the players a wee lift ! now his lack of tactics have just compounded the misery for all
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 19:06

Funny how andy ryan taking corners only comes up when we are on this run, hes took them all season, and many were praising his quality earlier in season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 19:21

^^ correct and the same can be said about 1 up front too, that isn't a problem in any game if the support, shape and supply is correct, that was more of a problem.

from the OP, all id add to that is it shouldn't have even got to half time before it was changed, it was so obvious whatever the plan was wasn't working in any way.

Post Edited (Sat 07 Sep 20:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 20:16

What annoys me about Craw is that, within minutes of full-time, he'll be telling the media what the problem was yet, during the game, he seems incapable of doing anything about it. Last week we weren't shooting enough when we had the wind behind us and were playing too many high balls when kicking into the wind. Today we weren't pressing Alloa enough when they had possession. Next week there will be something else that won't get fixed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 22:13

I think on the whole Crawford's recruitment has been very good. Imo the jury is out on Paton, and whilst McGill looked slow and unfit at the start of the season, he looked a lot better today. No complaints with anyone else, but I do feel he made a major gaffe in letting Lee Robinson go. I don't think he was any worse a shot stopper than Scully but his distribution is miles better and he is more reliable. I know Lee was only training with us 2 or 3 days a week, but there is no noticeable improvement in communication or understanding between defence and goalkeeper. Now Scully has hit a bad patch and Gill looks even worse so he's up a creek unless he can get Scully firing on all cylinders again.

For all that though, I do believe it's time for a change sooner rather than later, as he just can't seem to get the team playing together, nor are individuals playing anything like near their best. I kind of think Greg Shields would do a much better job, but I'd let him apply for it to see who else would put themselves in the frame. If we don't get a league win very soon, I don't see how the board can fail to act.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 22:32

Crawford was utter dross at East Fife as their manager. Bring in the recruiting agent in Macnamara who was also a brutal manager plus our board who don’t have a clue how to run a football team(they are good at running things behind the scenes) then we have one big fek up.
We played 1 striker up front today and that says it all!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 22:58

plenty of problems today but 1 up front wasn't one of them.

dd's comment on Robinson, it wasn't a mistake to move him on whenever it actually happened and if solely looking at the training, the schedule has changed so he would have gone from 2 days to 1 which would be no benefit to anyone imo.
could argue whether Scully should have been kept on or look elsewhere but moving Robinson on was the right decision imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 23:18

Playing one up front generally can be completely dealt with by 3 defenders, unless you’re talking about one deadly striker - Dundee Utd played with two upfront against us. Granted, problems elsewhere may mean that the limitations that a single striker has makes that problem less significant.

Playing two upfront however presents significant challenges for a defence, not many teams would risk using only 3 defenders, most would deploy 5. So, one extra striker will occupy 2 additional players that would otherwise be able to influence play in either midfield or upfront.

The numbers speak for themselves, imho.

Currently reading Mr Stein by Bob Crampsey and he says Jock Stein was very uncomfortable playing a 6-2-2 formation. OK, times change but I reckon Jock Stein might still be a quality manager, if he was with us today (?).

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JohnnyW  
Date:   Sat 7 Sep 23:33

The guy is hopeless we need to get rid now, he has shown nothing. As soon as we go a goal down you’d be as well leaving the stadium we’ve been beaten a lot under his stewardship and I cannot remember a single time we’ve put up a half decent fight to get back into it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Best tweet ever:

Post Edited (Sat 07 Sep 23:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 00:38

Apart from when we equalised at parkhead and became the closest team in 4 years to stopping the dominant force in Scottish football....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 01:10

Aye, let's live off a loss at Celtic Park... This team are beyond bereft of tactics and general quality
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 07:04

Replacing Lee Robinson with Ryan Scully has really worked well.

It was the first of 9 months of inexplicable decisions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 07:48

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 8 Sep 00:38

Apart from when we equalised at parkhead and became the closest team in 4 years to stopping the dominant force in Scottish football....

Thank **** you brought that up, that should stave off relegation.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 07:59

Hey, he can only play the hand he was dealt.

Oh wait........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars_andy  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 08:38

Still a relevant comment if you consider his hand to be a vastly reduced playing budget.

==================================
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 09:06

Yip, must be considerably smaller than the mighty Edinburgh City, Arbroath and Alloa eh. Outthought and outfought, nothing to do with budget so I think we should can that pash.

Same rules apply

Post Edited (Sun 08 Sep 09:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 14:34

“No complaints with anyone else, but I do feel he made a major gaffe in letting Lee Robinson go. I don't think he was any worse a shot stopper than Scully but his distribution is miles better and he is more reliable. I know Lee was only training with us 2 or 3 days a week, but there is no noticeable improvement in communication or understanding between defence and goalkeeper. Now Scully has hit a bad patch and Gill looks even worse so he's up a creek unless he can get Scully firing on all cylinders again.”

The training wasn’t the only issue with Lee. Troubling influence behind the scenes apparently.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 14:56

I am shocked that Sliema brought up Lee Robinson.

Out of interest, if he was such a top keeper why has no one touched him with a bargepole?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boston Red Sox  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 15:09

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: