DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Alloa highlights up now
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 18:00

https://www.dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First+Team&D=2019-09-07&ID=1253&h=1

Highlights, SC and Lewis Martin up now

From ParsTV team

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk

Post Edited (Sun 08 Sep 18:02)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alloa highlights up now
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 18:50

Definitely at penalty at the end.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 19:16

Kiltie looked good. Defence looked a bit suspect but they just seemed to have lost their shape.

That's definitely a penalty at the end. Maybe need to change our name to Dundee.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 19:38

have to agree it was a penalty but we shouldn't be looking for a penalty to claw level against Alloa. And to be brutally honest yesterday at the match was bad enough to watch , the highlights just compound how rotten and disjointed we were with absolutely no fight at all !
bossed all over the park and no pass marks for most of the team
Gill looked very nervous yesterday
Sad to say but we are a joke at the moment

Thanks again Brian for good highlights
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 20:37

The first goal was poor. Not sure how much Gill was put off by Ashcroft, but you assume he could have done better? Also, not sure why Lang opted to stoop to head clear when it seemed he could have got a boot on it?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 8 Sep 21:23

Agree. Gill made a total hash of it. He is no improvement on Scully, worse in fact. Lang should have hooked it clear with his foot. Should have been a penalty. Poor stuff overall. Heads look like they are going down already after a promising start to the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 01:11

How come we don't get these penalty decision for us, only against us?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 01:42

What was Ashcroft doing? On Ben's video, it looks like he deflected it. In any event, why is he trying to make a play on the ball right in front of Gill?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 01:54

I have lost count of the number of goals we have conceded this season where Ashcroft has had an involvement. It is getting beyond the joke. What's particularly galling is that the first thing he does every time the ball hits the back of our net is spread his arms and look for someone else to blame.

He was a great player two seasons ago. Don't know what has gone wrong there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 07:19

Callum Morris is the answer to that one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I was in World War Two they'd call me spitfire
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 10:43

I'd like someone from the refereeing fraternity to explain why that handball at the end wasn't a penalty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 10:59

It wasn't clear in the highlights if it hit the player on the elbow or if it hit his side first then the arm - if it was the latter then under the new guidance it isn't a penalty. The referee also only gets one view in real time rather than the multiple slow motion angles in the highlights, and he wasn't at the same angle as the camera was placed. The ball was also blocked from a short distance away which is also taken into account when awarding a penalty or not. It certainly wasn't the stonewall penalty some would have you believe IMO. I also think that the referee will, rightly or wrongly, be influenced by the apparent desperation of the appeal and the time in the game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 11:14

The Alloa defender quite clearly moved his arm to block the ball. It's more blatant than the ones given against us against Dundee and Dundee United.. If he took into account the nature of the appeal and the time in the game (???!!!) he shouldn't be a Grade 1 referee.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 11:21

I agree, most of the referees we seem to get are not fit for purpose. They are amongst the highest earning people on a football park, yet mistake after mistake made by them seems to make them above the rules of the game. Their assistants should be working with them watching for play where the referee is blinded.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 12:22

😂😂😂 after watching that I think I made a wise decision to stay in the old inn and go to outwith instead

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 12:54

I didn't see him move his arm to block the ball wee eck, I saw him slide with his back to the ball and in doing so his arm may have been raised slightly but I'm not seeing a deliberate movement towards blocking the shot. Presumably the referee didn't either.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 13:07

Doesnt need to be deliberate. It was a stonewall penalty and as clear as it could be.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 13:09

It doesn't have to be intentional though does it? Wasn't that the main change to the Law? From what I've seen this season I'd say most refs would see that as a penalty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 13:18

Change of law is just if the arm is in an unnatural position which it definitely was, and it clearly struck the hand. Clutching at straws maybe but there has to be consistency across the board.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 14:37

"Change of law is just if the arm is in an unnatural position which it definitely was"

Can you explain/describe where his arm should have been? What is a " natural position" for your arm to be in when you're stretching to block a shot? Please don't say clasped behind your back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 14:42

Not outstretched directly between the ball and the goal I would suggest. That was without any doubt a penalty.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 15:36

If the arm makes the body bigger and the ball makes contact with that arm it is now considered a foul. The boy made a slide challenge with his arm outstretched making the target bigger which negatively impacts the attacking team - definite pen with current rules.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 17:02

Oz, I have to agree with you. Ashcroft is an excellent defender with balls in the air, and that showed in the game at Parkhead when he defended against all those crosses. His positional awareness is poor, though, and that gets him (and the team) into trouble time and time again.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: