DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sack the manager and then what?
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 00:43

I beg people on this forum to explain in plain logic and financial terms how we can improve our club by doing this?
Should the next manager on a two year contract also be fired after months in the job?
I'm not defending Crawford's tactics BTW. His one up front tactic since Celtic Park is criminal to use against teams our level or below and he can only answer to that but as a wider argument, what do fans suggest is the alternative , hoping you're not all suggesting financial suicide by sacking the manager and coaches after a short period?

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere

Post Edited (Mon 09 Sep 00:44)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sack the manager and then what?
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 01:25

I would be happy to take on the job at short notice and for no financial remuneration. I have a simple but effective strategy for management and onfield tactics that I am willing to share with the Board of Directors, should they consider this proposal worth consideration. In the more complex tactical processes I will have recourse to this forum where I will carefully study the very wise suggestions regarding formations and substitutions. I am sure that because of their combined knowledge and years of experience their assistance in picking the team and instructions regarding the aptitudes of the players will result in great success.

Yours etc. Paralex.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 10:29

Certainly not getting my knickers in a knot about getting put out of a competition that cost us money last season after making 5 changes to the starting 11.

Realistically a top 4 finish was always going to be beyond us we should be looking to finish top 5 or 6 above the likes of QOS & Morton. With the turnaround in the playing squad it needs time to settle and the management to find the best 11 available.

2014/15 Squealadeal Prediction League Champion

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 12:08

Failing not being able to land the post myself, I reckon Paul Heckingbottom, not only has a great name for the disgruntled fan to really express his frustrations with but he is also doing the kind of job at Hibs that may lead to his imminent sacking. This may tempt him to consider a less prestigious and much more lowly paid post such as we might offer. If that scenario did materialise and we were able to land him, it is not probable that he would be any better than Steve Crawford but at least we will have that wonderful opportunity to express our frustrations by conjuring verbally with variations on his name. (All of course within the parameters of decency required by this forum.)

Post Edited (Mon 09 Sep 12:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 12:27

One upfront isn't a defensive tactic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 14:49

i wpuld bring back the bunnet dick campbell can turn any crap team into good one crawfs not got a clue im afraid if we dont start winning we are going to be swapping places with either raith or bairns

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 16:56

It's September 9. People need to get a grip. There was a lot of talk about patience that was needed from the fans with the revamping of the team and going with youth. From what I can see from this forum, it was all talk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 17:08

No league win since March it’s hardly surprising. Crawford has far greater resources than Arbroath and Alloa .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 21:30

Holds head in hands ......!
1) "We haven't won a game since March" - Crawford inherited a situation and a team which, with the minimum of resources, he's tasked with sorting out.
2) At the start of this season there was some sort of consensus (on this very forum) that this was a team of "boys" which would need to be given time to gel and develop.
3) At the start of this season there was some sort of consensus (on this very forum) that, given the circumstances, a mid-table position at the end of the season would be an acceptable result.
4) I just can't see why therefore everything seems suddenly to be in meltdown, taking the above into account. And why so many people on this forum are behaving like spoiled children / hysterical schoolgirls.

We firstly drew against a team relegated from the Premier Division and with greater resources than us.
We drew (at 90 minutes) with the Premier Division champions - honestly, I think that's an absolutely unbelievable result.
We were beaten by Dundee United who then went on the next week to defeat Dundee (the same team we'd drawn 2-2 with) 6-1.
We drew with Queen of the South - never an easy away game.
We were beaten by Arbroath on a horribly blustery day and by a manager who got his tactics (on that occasion) absolutely spot-on. I accept that we didn't play well that day.
We were beaten in the Challenge Cup by Alloa. Again, it appears that we didn't play well that day.
And if you look at results elsewhere in the league and in the Challenge Cup our opponents haven't exactly got things going their own way: Dundee United, Morton, Dundee - all out of the Challenge Cup along with us. Does this really matter? As someone pointed out our "run" in this competition last year ended up costing us.
It strikes me that Crawford is trying systems out and that, I'm sure, with the help of his colleagues, he will find one that works; at least I hope he does. He has at least to be given a decent chance - and this is from someone who was less-than-inspired by his appointment.
Let's get off the back of Crawford and some members of the squad. If any of you have worked for a Company where you face nothing but criticism day after day (and I have) you should know that you'll never feel like doing your best and that things are never going to end well.
Let's just give this whingeing a break.
Please.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 21:57

Yorker par tbh I wouldn’t say anything with that was stated on this forum tbh.
Here is the question... do you want us down playing in the seaside league next season?... possibly going part time and watching utter dross for the next 5 years? It’s a shambles at the moment!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:02

Does 27 minutes count as giving it a break

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:02

The good thing is that the fans are not on the players backs (not yet anyway)

I recon Crawford has another three games in which he needs to get a four point return before the vitriol really starts

Let’s hope he finds the best way to get our lads playing winning football
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:07

The players we have are decent..... it’s the playing 1 up front, formations and just a total negative way off playing that is so frustrating.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:08

Stevie.....is it you?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:09

Sorry, EEP, I think you've got a selective memory. Pre-season there was plenty of balanced rhetoric encouraging patience with an untried squad and what happens? Four games into the season some people are whipping themselves into a hysterical frenzy.
As I said, give the man a chance.
No, I don't want to be in the "seaside league" but having followed the Pars for forty years let me assure you there are worse places to be.
How long have you been a "supporter"? Do you even recall that, just a few years ago we were on the brink of extinction?
Maybe it is a shambles at the moment, but with this particular squad that's a shambles lasting just a few games. In the greater scheme of things that's not something to get too hissy about.
As I said, just chill a bit. Give the manager and the players a bit of slack and let's see if things can be turned around.
As lots of people (yes, on this forum) have commented there is talent in this squad so just give them a chance to develop and hopefully shine.
By the way, the definition of a supporter is, "a person who gives encouragement and approval to someone or something". Maybe you and some others could give that a try sometime.
P.S. No, I'm not a "happy-clappy"; just a realist.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:18

... then the board.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:27

I'm perfectly happy to give stevie a chance. Just hope the players, that are obviously talented, gel.Hope I'm right.Been a supporter since 65,not giving up on them now.

Post Edited (Mon 09 Sep 22:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:28

Genuinely think we need to give it time. Getting in a new manager now won't change things. Get behind the lads instead of moaning and shouting abuse.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Sep 22:34

Pre season games are training exercises and are to get the team that start for the first game of the season. We have been decent 1st half at Dundee and 1st half at St Mirren.... that’s it!
How long have I been a supporter you ask?
Are you just trying to be a bellend? Tbh and a lot off fans state “we were on the brink off extinction a few years ago”......yeh that’s right but it’s not the case now.
Well done on your 40 years of supporting the team.... 👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 02:13

I think the club motto should be "Train like it is everything but it really means nothing. Play lile it means nothing but it really means everything"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars_andy  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 08:17

EEP.... the reason that we are not on the brink of exctinction now is that we have drastically cut the wage bill. Did you not think that would have any impact whatsoever?

==================================
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 08:50

The board and the manager set out a clear strategy based on last seasons financial and on field results.

They have bought into that plan with sc and his team to provide the end results.

It was never an instant results plan, if you thought it was you are and were mistaken.

Any bod that is truly responsible will give a plan real time to pay off and bring results, that is good directorship not panicking when the club doesn't get instant results because initial performances have been bad. They are directors because they see a bigger picture.

The knicker wetting 4 games into a season on this forum is beyond belief.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 09:40

Every pundit in the land said you won't win anything with kids, as he got closer and closer to the sack!

He asked for time!

Most of those kids are now multi millionaires and Alex Ferguson one of the greatest managers of all time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 09:48

Quote:

renegade master, Tue 10 Sep 09:40

Every pundit in the land said you won't win anything with kids, as he got closer and closer to the sack!

He asked for time!

Most of those kids are now multi millionaires and Alex Ferguson one of the greatest managers of all time.

Exactly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 12:37

Quote:

EEP, Mon 9 Sep 22:34

Pre season games are training exercises and are to get the team that start for the first game of the season. We have been decent 1st half at Dundee and 1st half at St Mirren.... that’s it!
How long have I been a supporter you ask?
Are you just trying to be a bellend? Tbh and a lot off fans state “we were on the brink off extinction a few years ago”......yeh that’s right but it’s not the case now.
Well done on your 40 years of supporting the team.... 👍

Not the case now ... are you having a laugh?

Some people on here need a reality check ,

We are every bit as skint as we were in 2013, only difference is we have no debt. Most people on dot net are asking where rangers are getting money from to buy a player for £7m?

Answer is simple ... debt and dodgy dealings.

Rangers have millions of fans and play in front of 50,000 every second week , they are gambling with the clubs future and have learned nothing from going t!t$ up. I for one am very happy to struggle in the Championship or even lower if it means I have a club to support in future years.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email: